NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So excited for this! NEver been this excited to getting a NECA figure :) I look forward to seeing a video review soon, and I do also hope that the hands are articulated -- perhaps SurlyJ could enlighten us on that matter?

EDIT: Some of the photos of the proto have open-palmed hands, so unless they have 2 sets of hands included ala Iron Man, this figure must have articulated fingers! :)

They don't have articulated hands, Randy at NECA already confirmed this a while ago.

randy also said it doesnt come with alternate open hands. :(

which is a complete wtf and such a neca move? we know they have the sculpts, so why not include them? if it ups the price a wee bit no big deal at all i dont think, collectors want alternate hands for display options. neca knows this and doesnt give a ****.

randy also said it doesnt come with alternate open hands. :(

which is a complete wtf and such a neca move? we know they have the sculpts, so why not include them? if it ups the price a wee bit no big deal at all i dont think, collectors want alternate hands for display options. neca knows this and doesnt give a ****.

That's a bummer. I always love using splayed hands as they add more dynamism to a pose IMO.

That's a bummer. I always love using splayed hands as they add more dynamism to a pose IMO.

same! especially with this line, gots to grapple those kaiju! also open hands for gipsy would allow us to get a inscale tanker ship(honk kong battle) or a small boat for gipsy to hold(kinfehead scene).

another missed opportunity via neca that was really obvious.:gah:

Mine will be here tomorrow!! :rock!
And I WILL post pics!! :lol

In the meantime check it out!!
:drool:

Thanks for posting the first review from Youtube, Kuzeh! And congrats for getting yours early -- please do share your own insights soon! :)

Nice, only negative thing is the hands imo

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I concur.

God i want mine so bad after seing that video.
Haven't been this stoaked for a piece in a long time.

Um...ok i gotta say something here. I was aok with Neca selling at $109 for all the reasons listed and talked about in this thread.
But.... I just saw Neca post another 25 Gipsy Dangers on their ebay store and now its $119 ?
Right after the $109 auctions ended.
That I have to say is rather douchey....I mean selling direct and inflating to near scalper prices is something you usually Dont see from large companies and manufacturers...
That just sucks, and for the lousy few bucks more they will get, they are ruining the brand name..
Not cool Neca... not cool.
You want to protect your dealers like BBTS, fine...Sell them at $100 when preorders are $89 from dealers.
But to smack an extra 10 spot like this is kinda low class...no?

Last edited:

I really hope BBTS gets them soon and mine from them is perfect. Having this big guy imprisoned in his box in my room is torture.

Um...ok i gotta say something here. I was aok with Neca selling at $109 for all the reasons listed and talked about in this thread.
But.... I just saw Neca post another 25 Gipsy Dangers on their ebay store and now its $119 ?
That I have to say is rather douchey....I mean selling direct and inflating to near scalper prices is something you usually Dont see from large companies and manufacturers...
That just sucks, and for the lousy few bucks more they will get, they are ruining the brand name..
You want to protect your dealers like BBTS, fine...Sell them at $100 when preorders are $89 from dealers.

I just noticed that too…
I guess they want a piece of the action…
It seems douchey, but I prefer NECA get that money and put it into R&D for future items than a scalper on Ebay…

Now that's obviously scalping. :mad:

Back