NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need some in hand pics! Now! Go Go go go

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

agreed, can't wait to see this in hand!!! These quarter scale figures are starting to be like ht figs, they sky rocket in the second market if you don't get your po in!!!

Found this pic on Twitter:

BY9gQgbCQAAmL-o.jpg:large

No pics out of the box yet...

Well I just got home to a big ole box. Have a few things to do then I'll crack it open, but sadly don't plan to open the figure just yet.

I suppose I could. The one coming from BBTS is the one I planned to keep, but if guess it doesn't make a difference which one I open so long as the one I return or sell gets me back the $116 I paid for this one. My plan was to wait and see which one looked like it had the better paint before opening one, but if this one looks all good, I'll crack her open.

I suppose I could. The one coming from BBTS is the one I planned to keep, but if guess it doesn't make a difference which one I open so long as the one I return or sell gets me back the $116 I paid for this one. My plan was to wait and see which one looked like it had the better paint before opening one, but if this one looks all good, I'll crack her open.

:blissy:blissy:blissy

Crap on a cracker. There is an overpainted glop on June left thigh. Other than that it looks perfect. Gonna have the wrestle with this...

null_zps9c6fc81e.jpg

First impressions... Exactly what I expected. It still has that same "soft" plastic look the 7" line has, but the sculpt is so much better. The paint is also really clean (except for that one glossy spot I posted). The only two things that catch my eye in a sort off bad way are the visor and core reactor. The visor has this white thicker plastic outlining it that I'm not sure I appreciate, but mostly it's that the orange behind it looks like a cheap print of the honeycomb pattern, like something any of us could have printed on a regular sheet of 20lb paper.

The core reactor looks like a car headlight.

These are minor nitpicks. Overall it looks awesome,and while the paint smudge is pissing me off, I'm probably gonna cave and open it lol. Tho I will be pissed if I do and then the one from BBTS shows up flawless.

Last edited:
i think the hands are same as smaller ver, frozen no artic. if the hands were articulated it would have been mentioned, a selling point i think.

wondering if the artic is any better on the 18" ver at all? im really hoping so!

So excited for this! NEver been this excited to getting a NECA figure :) I look forward to seeing a video review soon, and I do also hope that the hands are articulated -- perhaps SurlyJ could enlighten us on that matter?

EDIT: Some of the photos of the proto have open-palmed hands, so unless they have 2 sets of hands included ala Iron Man, this figure must have articulated fingers! :)

Back