NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Gipsy order from Big Bad was charged as well... but mine has been Cancelled for a month now. Has that happened to anyone before?

What is the scale on the Gipsy?...1/16th maybe? Finally watched the Blu-Ray in my home theater and I really enjoyed it. The LFE was awesome and my buttkickers were shaking the couch so hard it moved.

What is the scale on the Gipsy?...1/16th maybe? Finally watched the Blu-Ray in my home theater and I really enjoyed it. The LFE was awesome and my buttkickers were shaking the couch so hard it moved.

Are you referring to the 18-inch Gipsy Danger? GD's 260 feet in "real life". That makes NECA's take on him a 1/173 scale.

Just got in a case of these, the first reaction when I saw them... WOW!!!

The UK stock of 18" Gypsy Danger is due in about 3 weeks so will be in shops for Christmas but its going to be tight for online retailers.

Mine should be to me on Wednesday - a bit of a blackwash and some metallic paint highlights in a few places and it'll be all ready for display.

Over the years, I've owned almost every NECA 18" figure and I've sold them all off (except the Eric Draven The Crow figure - one of my favorite books/movies of all time) - I'm really looking forward to keeping this one! Looks great!

I was already to surprise you guys with photos of my newly arrived 18" Gipsy Danger in a fight with my Hasbro Cloverfield monster, but I didn't realize how big Gipsy was compared to Clover so the scale just wouldn't match up. Gipsy is just that massive.

I was already to surprise you guys with photos of my newly arrived 18" Gipsy Danger in a fight with my Hasbro Cloverfield monster, but I didn't realize how big Gipsy was compared to Clover so the scale just wouldn't match up. Gipsy is just that massive.

OoOoh I'd still be interested in seeing a pic or two!

Here is my 18" Neca's Gipsy Danger.

Neca have really improved they're stuff lately ...and for only $100 this is a real barging. :yess:

30112013460.jpg~original

30112013485.jpg~original

30112013455.jpg~original

30112013476.jpg~original

30112013473.jpg~original

30112013471.jpg~original

30112013480.jpg~original

Got Gipsy today, in perfect shape, from TRU. I love the way it looks, but despite hearing it in every review I couldn't really fathom just how inarticulate this figure is. It's so disappointing just how little you can pose him.

Here's a few pics of mine - I painted the borders of the visor and chest reactor, as well as a light black wash to bring out the reactor's details.

GD2.jpg

GD5.jpg

GD4.jpg

GD6.jpg

Got my 18" Gypsy today...and one of the swords is already broken :( :(

I'm going to contact NECA to see if they can send a replacement - glue isn't working that well :(

Otherwise, the figure is very nice, a solid buy at $87 from TRU :D

Got my 18" Gypsy today...and one of the swords is already broken :( :(

I'm going to contact NECA to see if they can send a replacement - glue isn't working that well :(

Otherwise, the figure is very nice, a solid buy at $87 from TRU :D

Did it break from trying to fit it into one of the slots? They are ludicrously tight to get in there, I had no hope of it without applying heat first. I hope Neca comes through and gets you a replacement.

Wow! Great photos guys! Figurefreaks -- your photos show that the paint apps on this figure is really good. Can't wait to have this on my shelf. NECA's getting my money lately, thanks to Gipsy, Adam West, and Michael Keaton. Not complaining, really, as those 3 huge figures would only cost me one 1/6 figure in today's prices!

Did it break from trying to fit it into one of the slots? They are ludicrously tight to get in there, I had no hope of it without applying heat first. I hope Neca comes through and gets you a replacement.

They are a pain to fit them, I heated mine and both were easier to install.

Back