NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone canceled their 18" Gypsy Danger on BBTS and I snagged it! Wow, luck of the draw checking when I did. Keep checking people, you never know when someone may cancel it!

Thanks to whoever canceled!

Someone canceled their 18" Gypsy Danger on BBTS and I snagged it! Wow, luck of the draw checking when I did. Keep checking people, you never know when someone may cancel it!

Thanks to whoever canceled!

lol That was me! i noticed i had 2 for some reason!! I should have announced here before i did but glad i boardie got it!! I saw the $169 price and i was like WTF! lol :rotfl

lol That was me! i noticed i had 2 for some reason!! I should have announced here before i did but glad i boardie got it!! I saw the $169 price and i was like WTF! lol :rotfl

Awesome! Thanks Pitu!!!

I wanna know where these guys got their info from:

https://observationdeck.io9.com/not-entirely-related-but-looking-at-onepercases-gallery-1155699489

18 inches tall, over 2 feet wide, and £180's worth of Kaiju-shaped plastic is coming this December. HIDE YOUR WALLETS PEOPLE, THE KAIJU ARE COMING!

The second figure in the 18-inch scale range - alongside Gipsy Danger later this year - will be arriving by the end of the year, and features LEDs to light up its toxic skin marks and over 25 points of articulation, prime for posing. Considering the size, it's price tag has gone up quite a shot too, at £100 more than the 18-inch Gipsy Danger will retail at.

Maybe they translated that Amiami picture or something. I disagree with the price tag though, I can understand it being more expensive then gipsy but 100 bucks more? That's crazy.

The other things sound nice though, over 2 feet wide with light up skin marks? Hope its true!

I can’t see it costing that much. More than Gipsy, sure but not that much. Sceptical on it having over 25 points of articulation too. It may have more than the smaller scale but not a lot. It will be huge and any poses too dynamic this guy will just topple over.

Think I remember them saying on twitter that it would have lights though.

I would be alright with the price as long as the quality warrants it. Right know they haven’t released anything in that scale that I could justify paying that for. The paint and materials used always let the Neca big stuff down.

oh god, xl shop just put up a preorder for it, 150 bucks.
Holy ****.

I mean, when the average 1/6 scale figure costs more than that I suppose you could justify it for an 18 inch figure with light up features, but still, I was not expecting it to cost that much.

Hopefully this is a flub and neca will reveal the actual price soon, I just don't understand how it can cost that much more than gipsy.

Holy ****.

I mean, when the average 1/6 scale figure costs more than that I suppose you could justify it for an 18 inch figure with light up features, but still, I was not expecting it to cost that much.

Hopefully this is a flub and neca will reveal the actual price soon, I just don't understand how it can cost that much more than gipsy.

Because it's much wider than Gipsy and requires way more plastic to make. $150 wouldn't be horrible but $200 would price me out.

Holy ****.

Have you seen the prototype? It's as tall as Gipsy while being a LOT more bulky, with huge limbs. This is going to be a huge chunk of plastic. Considering Gipsy is already $100, it really doesn't come as a surprise.

...Wait a minute, where the hell would you even put something like this? :rotfl

EDIT: They could always be guessing the price though. Like AmiAmi did. But it's definitely going to be in the 125-150 range.

It caught me by surprise is all, i never thought i'd see a neca figure in the 150 price range. I mean, this is nearly twice the price of gipsy, which most sources place at $85, is it really that much more complex?

It caught me by surprise is all, i never thought i'd see a neca figure in the 150 price range. I mean, this is nearly twice the price of gipsy, which most sources place at $85, is it really that much more complex?

I bet it weighs twice as much as Gipsy and has more light up features.

Back