NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on when they get sent the notice. I’ve only had one item cancelled like this before and it was Diamond Jack Sparrow, which is now oddly seeing release finally.

What difference could an explanation possibly make?
Some fan will read the explanation and figure out how to resolve the issue for Neca, tell them, and the figure will end up getting released?
The figure is not coming out...

I seriously don't understand how he just says "We regret to inform you..." and posts that which is just a screencap of what NECA sends to their retailers. Like that's it? Nothing else? I still don't understand how it gets to the preorder point and then the estate pulls out? I mean just tell us that. He talks so much and can't explain it? I'm honestly surprised so many people replying on twitter are understanding. He gives no explanation at all and they're all like "aw shucks." I at least complained lol.

RoboSpidey?

I'm sure NECA is more aggravated than we are. They spent money on the proto and photos and advertising as well.

Means that shark if it ever comes out is going to be jacked up in price at least $15+ higher than it otherwise would have been.

Total bummer! The pair of these figures were a dream come true. At least we?re still getting Quint. I have plans of displaying him inside the mouth of my Mike Schultz SCO 1/6 bust with holding machete and wearing bandana going down the hatch emulating the scene of all scenes.

But still a bummer Brody was cancelled.

I have plans of displaying him inside the mouth of my Mike Schultz SCO 1/6 bust with holding machete and wearing bandana going down the hatch emulating the scene of all scenes.

Given how the figure looks, this really is the best place for him. Too bad he doesn't have a 2nd screaming head for such a display.

If NECA were smart, they'd add that Quint head with their expensive shark.

Same, and with that, cancelled Quint immediately after. I would get Bruce without the humans, but not Quint without at least Brody, Brody is my most favorite human in the movie.

Same, and with that, cancelled Quint immediately after. I would get Bruce without the humans, but not Quint without at least Brody, Brody is my most favorite human in the movie.

Yup, I'm still interested in a Bruce if they make him, but Quint without Brody makes no sense.

Yep... it?s cool to be into Quint but when I think about Jaws I think about Brody.
It would be like Neca releasing Doc Brown but no Marty.

Damn... What a disappointment this line turned out to be. This stings, but I'd already lost a lot of enthusiasm when it was announced they couldn't get Dreyfus's license. Really can't have just one or two. It needs to be all three as far as I'm concerned.

RoboSpidey?

Yep that's me lol.

What difference could an explanation possibly make?
Some fan will read the explanation and figure out how to resolve the issue for Neca, tell them, and the figure will end up getting released?
The figure is not coming out...

I asked this on Toyark and Joe (who runs the site) responded with:

Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
There's so many areas this can go awry when it comes to figures with individual likeness deals.

One thing is that the actor or estate typically get final say on the product. Even after an initial agreement is reached, the estate will need to approve final product. If they aren't happy with how it looks, what is included, or just decide they don't want it released after seeing it, they can kill the deal.

Another area you can run into issues is with competing parties claiming they hold the rights. Could be different members of the family, could be a company. One party threatens to sue both the licensor and the licensee unless product is pulled or they are cut into the licensing deal.

And finally, it could come down to another manufacturer claiming they have the rights to produce Roy Schieder's likeness related to Jaws merchandise.

Basically, all stuff that can pop up once a product has been announced.

Taking all that into account, I guess I can see it happening. I'm sure yeah NECA is pissed/upset about the situation. I've just never seen this happen on anything I'd been interested in before.

Interesting that the Brody Estate may have pulled the plug because they thought the doll looked cheap and crappy. :lol

Maybe they saved us all some money.

In all honesty, I'd prefer their smaller, all-plastic version of the characters. I'm not a fan of the cloth goods line (at this scale, the outfits always look cheesy). But as a huge Quint fan, I'm keeping my order. I just hope Neca still releases him.

Awful news, my hype is all gone to be honest, not sure I'm even grabbing Bruce at this point and as @Wor-Gar said I don't see Neca putting that much money and effort into mass producing Quint after this debacle and that is if they don't cancel the the whole Jaws line before the year is out.

Disappointed with this retro style figures. I remember when they released Charlton Heston in this format and not in plastic like the other ape figures.
I would buy the 3 main Jaws characters in scale in a line like Alien, Predator or other figures. Even a Bruce Shark in that scale. But not retro style please, it looks cheap and childish. The only figure I own in this line is Chucky and because it is perfect for the 1/6 scale.

Back