NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not like I wouldn't want the two of them, but it's not looking good for Hooper if Dreyfuss wouldn't do NECA. I don't know if QMx or Blitzway have a larger checkbook than NECA to get licensing done, if Dreyfuss would even do it at all. The other 2 are dead so their estate's are at least working with their likenesses.

Well, a Quint and Bruce or a Brody and Bruce would make OK displays on their own. Once you get two of the three however, you need that third.

Even without Dreyfuss I could have been on board with JAWS figures in the traditional all-sculpted 7'' style. But the combination of them going with this type of figure PLUS no Dreyfuss scuppers the whole enterprise as far as I'm concerned. Bummer.

I think they'll spend money for it to be quality. Their movie TMNT figures are some of the best action figures I've ever owned. So they can do the quality/QC if they want to. They're making the figures MEGO style, so they're cheaper to make and hopefully wrapping that into the Shark price.

I also kind of expect them to put the masked Hooper figure with the shark to bump the price up a bit as well.

Very true about the TMNT, let?s hope for that level of quality. I already own an SCO, it?s one of my favorite items.....

But there is always room for more Bruce.

Working on my own Quint.
fec8238502a39b25df0e13a772c1accf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm digging the Quint! The Brody looks kinda like a marionette or something haha not 100% sure about that one.

It was bad enough when it was just Quint and Brody without Hooper...now just Quint???
They should go ahead and cancel the whole line...well one figure does not even count as a line...and revisit it in the future when they have their stuff together.
Just Quint???

I suppose you can have Quint with the intended shark they are making... but yeah, the whole thing has put me off. Plus, they look quite silly anyway. I'll likely cancel.

Its a shame, I'd like to support this... but NECA has just made a mess of this from the beginning.

I would like to know what the plan is for the shark -- what's the display intent for a full 24 inch shark? I suppose if I could have a display of the shark eating Quint then I might consider just that, which is what NECA is down to. But that display is going to be a huge space hog... and then there's the price. $32 for a little figure... must be over $100 easy for a huge shark in packaging.

Let’s wait for official confirmation form NECA first, anyone with Photoshop can fake this stuff and spread it online.

Strange. I went to the NECA website, scrolled through their movie licenses... and they don't even have JAWS listed.

To find JAWS on their site you have to input in search. And then, only QUINT is shown now.

Something's up...

Wow that is total bull **** if true. This wasn't some previewed toy, it was fully announced with a preorder. It was set to be released in September right, Brody is probably on a boat on the way to the US right now.

Even though I didn't order Brody, this sucks. I'm fine with Quint by himself, but I feel for you guys who wanted the Sheriff, too.

Back