NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.. if you ever read the original book, Hooper gets killed in the cage scene... just saying.

He was supposed to die in the film too, but a lucky accident during filming meant they had to change Hooper's fate.
Really bummed out about Dreyfuss not letting Neca use his likeness. Not having Hooper makes me a whole lot less enthusiastic for this line.

I kind of flip flopped in the last day lol, I'll be happy to have these I think. I think Quint is #1 to have anyway, so him and Brody will do fine for me.

One thing I'll say is I would've loved to have been on set when Shaw was busting Dreyfuss's balls haha

One of my favorite production anecdotes is how Shaw was ill during filming of the "Hooper, starboard ain't you watching it!?!" and really yelled because he wasn't feeling good and had to dig deep to get the line out. You can't beat genuine emotion.

This reveal was really out of left field. I can remember a few years ago they were asked about Jaws and the answer was always no due to no likeness rights.

Jaws has always been one of my favorite films, so this has my attention, but I really wish these could have been standard 7" figures rather than retros. Neca's decisions when it comes to what to spend tooling money on can be baffling. I gave up on the retros after the quality control disaster that was Snake Plissken. Now I do know that the retros have improved since then, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

That said, these prototypes look impressive. The likenesses are spot on, the accessories are great, and the clothes look passable. While no Hooper is unfortunate, it doesn't spoil the reveal. I'm also curious about Bruce. Will it be just a head and fin with water base, or will it be the "whole damn thing"?

Nothing to do with NECA but I never understood how it would be possible to represent one of the most important movies of all time in my collection. While I wanted quint and hopper without Bruce it wouldn’t just be the same for me. But a bust or a head coming out of water stand situation or anything never felt right to me. It’s the whole shark or nothing.

I just finally secured my 50 inch true 1/6 scale Bruce and I couldn’t be more excited about it. We are working on Quint for 2021 with one of the best artists today as well so this is set to be a dream come true.

Hoping these kind of crappy looking NECAs ( I hate those mego style figures personally) finally gives way to amazing officially lisenced jaws stuff of all scales!

I just finally secured my 50 inch true 1/6 scale Bruce and I couldn’t be more excited about it. We are working on Quint for 2021 with one of the best artists today as well so this is set to be a dream come true.

J-awesome! Rawle's shark... and Trevor's head? I can't wait to see this come together for you.

Nothing to do with NECA but I never understood how it would be possible to represent one of the most important movies of all time in my collection. While I wanted quint and hopper without Bruce it wouldn’t just be the same for me. But a bust or a head coming out of water stand situation or anything never felt right to me. It’s the whole shark or nothing.

Hoping these kind of crappy looking NECAs ( I hate those mego style figures personally) finally gives way to amazing officially lisenced jaws stuff of all scales!

I sure hope QmX are on top of it.

Back