NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dreyfuss agreed to reprise the role of Hopper in the god awful Piranha 3D movie for money, why couldn't he agree to have his likeness used for a *****ing toy? Does he need a fortune to allow his likeness to be used? Does he think he is somehow above it? What a shame, having the trio would've been a dream com true, if they make Hopper with the scuba gear I'll certainly put him in Bruces mouth as Quint and Brody look on and share a drink. :rotfl

:lol :lol :lol @ last 2 posts.

Interesting that they got the likenesses for the two deceased cast members.....so ehhh...what age is Richard? :monkey3

Interesting that they got the likenesses for the two deceased cast members.....so ehhh...what age is Richard? :monkey3

WzpwMHa.png

According to Randy, Dreyfuss declined to participate.

So my guess is if Hooper is coming he's going to have sculpted-on goggles and breather gear....

Well, that explains a great many things...

Dreyfuss has always been a pain in the ass. One chance to get the three heroes together again after 45 years and what does he do...?

I wonder if he'll "participate" in the smaller, more detailed all-plastic versions NECA will inevitably make after this?

Great news, hoepfully we get a reveal at SDCC this year!

The sculptor already hinted we might get him in scuba gear and a cage.

Shark reveal guaranteed at SDCC...and Scuba Hooper could be a SDCC exclusive

They will.

They gonna sell the junk first.

Someone should ask Randy on Twitter if we'll get all sculpted 7 inch versions in the future, I doubt they'd make Bruce again just because of the scale difference and I'm even more doubtfull Dreyfuss would agree to "participate" since he'l already turned them down.

I would imagine likeness rights weren?t easy enough to do multiple product lines with them, folks hoping for more traditional figures may want to consider these if you want licensed figures of these guys with likenesses, fish while they?re biting, if these don?t sell well, we won?t see any other figures.

No Hooper likeness has me thinking that perhaps Brody was originally meant to be his Orca outfit, hence the Orca accessories, but without being able to do a Hooper to properly go with him and Quint, then do Scuba to be something that hasn?t been done by Funko yet, and do cop Brody to make something that also hasn?t been done yet.

I can't believe Dreyfuss didn't sign off on this. This totally kills any spirit I had. I met him a couple of years ago at a Hollywood show and he was really appreciative of all the fans, made tons of money in autographs and pics, it was a great day. He was the last person I thought they would have any problem with. What a big kick in the nuts.

I can't believe Dreyfuss didn't sign off on this. This totally kills any spirit I had. I met him a couple of years ago at a Hollywood show and he was really appreciative of all the fans, made tons of money in autographs and pics, it was a great day. He was the last person I thought they would have any problem with. What a big kick in the nuts.
Posting this again, Dreyfuss really screwed up something that could've been amazing.
J2bWDyT.png

I'm still keeping my preorders but yeah, I'm a bit soured now knowing Dreyfuss isn't coming. I'm really not interested in a scuba version of him at all.

It does ruin the whole gag -- of having the three guys from Jaws. Having "the two guys from Jaws" just isn't the same.

I PO'd from BBTS... depending on the shark that is coming, I may well just cancel.

It does ruin the whole gag -- of having the three guys from Jaws. Having "the two guys from Jaws" just isn't the same.

I PO'd from BBTS... depending on the shark that is coming, I may well just cancel.

Same here I hope Bruce looks good that way I'll keep Quint and Brody, might consider getting "Scuba diver who doesn't like to have his face on toys" if only to have Bruce attack him, but if the shark turns out meh or not accurate to the movie I don't see myself getting these, a shame really it was the news I was most excited about from Toy Fair.

Wish I wouldn't post while drunk. Silly, expletive-laden post deleted.

But what it amounted to was, yeah, bummer about Dreyfuss not getting on board.

Back