NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if there would be a way to upscale the Quint and Brody headsculpts for use on a 1/6 figure. Someone successfully downscaled the PF Indy head from 1/4 down to 1/6, but maybe it only really works for downscaling, not upscaling.

Trevor did a great job on these headsculpts. It's just unfortunate they were for 8" NECA figs with the faux-vintage Mego clothes vs. someone like BCS doing 1/6 scale figs, even though these figs still look quite cool.

Randy said on today?s Pixel Dan interview that he?s *hoping* Bruce will be ~30 inches long and including a diorama piece so that the shark doesn?t just sit alone. He said he doesn?t want it to feel like a toy. He said he expects it will be on par, pricing-wise, with their 1:4 scale figures if not more expensive. Likely not a big box store release.

Randy said on today?s Pixel Dan interview that he?s *hoping* Bruce will be ~30 inches long and including a diorama piece so that the shark doesn?t just sit alone. He said he doesn?t want it to feel like a toy. He said he expects it will be on par, pricing-wise, with their 1:4 scale figures if not more expensive. Likely not a big box store release.

Well I'm probably out, I know I'm one of the few that really just the head and maybe end of the Orca.

From Neca's twitter

Ea-zGWDXQAUYUDa

The real question is the price point.

We hav a plethora of wonderful large scale JAWS items already from SCO and Martin. Both very high quelling and great detail.

Neca is not exactly known for high quality , but then again, they can afford not to be at the price points of their items.

I can live with over painted joints , weak plastic and horrible QC if it?s a 6 inch figure at a price point of 16-25 dollars.

Lately , (Neca Gremlims I am looking at you) the prices are edging up higher while QC remains the same.

If this comes in at under 100 dollars then maybe, BUT of its in the 100-200 range , well then you are getting closer to the price of the above artists and you would be better off saving more and getting those.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure for the size it will be over $100, but for the most part, it's going to be a statue, minimal articulation for QC issues, and a far simpler paint job than many of their pieces so less room for issues.

I think this is going to be the most accurate, best quality Bruce you can get on a budge where SCO and the other makers may be too expensive to get ahold of.

I'm as excited to see the packaging as I am the figure.

The real question is the price point.

We hav a plethora of wonderful large scale JAWS items already from SCO and Martin. Both very high quelling and great detail.

Neca is not exactly known for high quality , but then again, they can afford not to be at the price points of their items.

I can live with over painted joints , weak plastic and horrible QC if it?s a 6 inch figure at a price point of 16-25 dollars.

Lately , (Neca Gremlims I am looking at you) the prices are edging up higher while QC remains the same.

If this comes in at under 100 dollars then maybe, BUT of its in the 100-200 range , well then you are getting closer to the price of the above artists and you would be better off saving more and getting those.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they'll spend money for it to be quality. Their movie TMNT figures are some of the best action figures I've ever owned. So they can do the quality/QC if they want to. They're making the figures MEGO style, so they're cheaper to make and hopefully wrapping that into the Shark price.

I also kind of expect them to put the masked Hooper figure with the shark to bump the price up a bit as well.

Xensation would be good for Jaws crew. Relatively simple outfits. But with all the licensing going on right now I doubt a third party wants to risk ruffling Universal lawyers.

Star Ace has Potter and that's Universal isn't it? So they have an in.

Dave, if you're reading this, please make an extra effort if you do JAWS. Please....

Back