Prop NECA Gremlins 2 Stunt Puppet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had mine a few weeks now. I am very satisfied with it overall. Hope to see some pics of the green variant soon. Will probably order it also.

While this is cool, I would love if Neca made a Mohawk like this. If not him then at least Stripe or any of the other named Gremlins.

god these are amazing , man i'am just seeing this now i,am off to find them on ebay .

I sure love mine!! He's hanging out with a couple of friends..
8226B350-F98F-4BDD-9D66-680FF8967FBA-3068-00000488F8F1A938.jpg

Just wanted to 'resurrect' this thread by showing my repaint of the stunt puppet.

The cast is really great with a lot of the original's details preserved, and it's nicely put together too. But I was quite dissapointed with the paint job NECA did on these, all the great details are lost under the very contrasty and slobby paint job and it looked fake - So I immediately started to prep it for a repaint the day I got it. It took me a little over a week, all in all, to do, and I'm really happy with it as it is now :)

beforeafter02.jpg

beforeafter01.jpg

beforeafter03.jpg

Posted some more photos of the process on TheRPF, if someone's interested:
https://www.therpf.com/f9/neca-gremlins-2-stunt-puppet-replica-total-160334/

This puppet is an awesome replica, and I don't regret getting it.

That repaint looks great Freak-1138!! I read your thread on the therpf forums, and adding the glass eyes could make it even better. Are you thinking of doing repaints? Im waiting for mine, but now that ive seen your repaint, i think ill be a little disappointed with the original paint job when it arrives.

Thanks!

Yeah, installing glass eyes would have made it ekstra cool. Maybe I'll do that to the green version coming out later this year.. ;)

Oh, if I had the time to do repaints I would - It was a lot of fun to do this one, never painted a thing of this size and complexity before.. Sadly I haven't got the time to take on something like that atm.

If you got a tiny bit of painting experience, you might give it a try yourself :) It's really not that hard, acrylics are easy to work with.

That repaint looks great Freak-1138!! I read your thread on the therpf forums, and adding the glass eyes could make it even better. Are you thinking of doing repaints? Im waiting for mine, but now that ive seen your repaint, i think ill be a little disappointed with the original paint job when it arrives.

Thanks!

Yeah, installing glass eyes would have made it ekstra cool. Maybe I'll do that to the green version coming out later this year.. ;)

Oh, if I had the time to do repaints I would - It was a lot of fun to do this one, never painted a thing of this size and complexity before.. Sadly I haven't got the time to take on something like that atm.

If you got a tiny bit of painting experience, you might give it a try yourself :) It's really not that hard, acrylics are easy to work with.

I dont think i could, i dont have any painting experience. Ive just done minor retouches on statues. Looking forward to see your green gremlin, and dont forget the glass eyes!

I just got mine. The paint work is a little sloppy but i expected it to be a lot worse. To those who have this, are the seams where the arms connect to the body so badly done as mine?

I dont think i could, i dont have any painting experience. Ive just done minor retouches on statues. Looking forward to see your green gremlin, and dont forget the glass eyes!

Ahh alright :)

Yeah, if I decide to get that one too, I'll definitely consider installing glass eyes.. Just need to find the right yellow ones. Think I've found some that'll do, but let's see.. From the picture of the green prototype, it certainly looks like it'll need a repaint.. Not that it looks bad, but I just want these guys to look the best they can, and a bit more realistic.

Back