Prop NECA Gremlins 2 Stunt Puppet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic of one in the shop window.I think Earthworm Jim is gonna need a bigger gun.

Darth868.jpg

Looks good! I hope they show pics of the green one soon. I have a feeling it'll come out looking better than the brown one.

Mine shipped yesterday. He'll show up some time next week.

For those curious, there's no type of display packaging with a window or graphics. Just a cardboard box, and inside the gremlin is strapped to a single piece of cardboard that you pull out.

I thought that was a little strange, but may be a consideration for people who collect things to display in the package. And at places like BBTS, you can pick the grade of the package. In this case, it makes no difference since it's just a cardboard box and who cares about that? lol

Last edited:
you sound bummed? You gonna return it? It's a cool prop for $200.00

You should be happy yours came with an outer shipper. I got mine from MANOFACTIONFIGURES and my NECA numbered box looked like it was trampled by a stampede of bulls...luckily the puppet is in great shape!

I was wondering about the packaging and that answers my question.

I see the ES on the box. Where on the prop is it numbered?

I doubt there is an ES on the Gremlin itself. Anyone know how tall the Gremlin is itself?

you sound bummed? You gonna return it? It's a cool prop for $200.00

You should be happy yours came with an outer shipper. I got mine from MANOFACTIONFIGURES and my NECA numbered box looked like it was trampled by a stampede of bulls...luckily the puppet is in great shape!

That's why I said the shipping box was so big. The outer shipper has a hole in it so I'm glad they packed it that way. Just about everything I get from UPS looks beat up.

I don't plan on returning it. I think it will be cool once I figure out where to set it up (and if the latex smell wears off). Plus there's the whole restocking fee that most places charge for things like this, or they don't take them back at all once opened. If I ever decide to get rid of it I'll wait until they're sold out everywhere and eBay it.

I doubt there is an ES on the Gremlin itself. Anyone know how tall the Gremlin is itself?

From head to feet it's about 30". The arms hang down below the feet a few inches.

I haven't had mine out of the bag yet to look for a number.

i did not have any problem except mine was chipping a little on the ear but nothing really major. It could look better but considering it is cast from a stunt puppet it is pretty close to accurate.

Are there any good books out there with the Gremlins designs in i am a real sucker for those.I would love to see a good behind the scenes Gremlins book.

check this review/unboxing of the gremlin

[ame]https://youtu.be/8YypN80eug4[/ame]

Bought this from Entertainment Earth also. After shipping was added it totaled $190. So even though its not outstanding, i think its worth $190 in order to cross a lifesize Gremlin off my want list.

Here ya go:
StuntGremlin.jpg

taken from a recent Profiles in History Auction

That looks very close, but 24" is a little short unless I measured my gremlin wrong. Mine is just shy of 30" from head to toe.

And that Daffy prop is awesome. I only wish this gremlin was a main character instead of a background prop.

Last edited:
The minor paint chipping some are reporting concerns me as to how well this piece will hold up over time.

But I do hope this sells well enough for NECA to consider doing more props like the Mogwais. I realize that Medicom and June Planning have done a lot of that already, but I don't think it would hurt the market for another company to jump in. The demand for Gremlins products seems pretty healthy.

Just an Fyi for anyone considering getting this. Entertainmentearth has just raised there price on this from $169 to $229. Looks like the price is going up all over

Alterego still has them for $199 plus shipping. They've sold a few on eBay.

Looks like the days of getting these for $200 or less shipped are gone. I'm curious to see what they'll be going for on eBay in the near future.

Just an Fyi for anyone considering getting this. Entertainmentearth has just raised there price on this from $169 to $229. Looks like the price is going up all over

Wow, glad I got this from EE when I did for $190 shipped. I don't think I would have paid the $230 price point. BBTS had this in stock again the last few days and now it's sold out again. Mine should be here by Sat.

Got my piece in yesterday, #592/1,000. Overall I like it, but it did have some minor paint app issues along the seams of the molding. And I'd be careful handling it because the paint does scratch off fairly easily. I wouldn't pay over $200 for this though, given the type of material and that it's one solid piece. But it's impressive given its size and quite a unique item, IMO.

Some pics...

Back