Prop NECA Gremlins 2 Stunt Puppet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased my first Brown gremlin back in 2012, and repainted
it as soon as I got it. Just couldn’t live with the factory paintjob.

A0AD519B-E347-426E-8BE5-41E742C9947D.jpg
1F72D5B5-4884-49DD-B447-A7723DDA0DA3.jpg
DC5A7BE9-A467-4EEA-9D57-28E635AF11C1.jpg
2861FD37-3BA8-4914-A43C-C391A68FF776.jpg

Last year I pre-ordered another one, when NECA re-released them.
It took my a while to get started, but last week I finally finished the
repaint of that one. The paintjob they did on the factory was slightly
improved and the over-all quality of the puppet is waaay better than
the first release. But I wanted a realistic looking gremlin. And this
time I wanted it to be green... :)

F6BDBB5A-D85B-48E4-B3B3-1C5715045026.jpg
D9F93164-7512-46F5-A977-1EB9E439B907.jpg
F6B787A7-2E16-4EB8-8CE5-E26C803AE5A7.jpg
E2782456-17AA-4E96-BDD9-605AC0EF6833.jpg

Here’s my thread on TheRPF on the two repaints:
https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/repainting-a-2012-2017-neca-gremlins-2-gremlin-stunt-puppet-replica-updated-2018.160334/

Thanks! Yeah, they are fantastic. Two very different movies,
with completely different tone and atmosphere. But I love
them both. :yess:

I also got a TrickOrTreat GREMLiNS puppet, that I’m
planning to repaint. But it needs a lot more prepping
and repairing than NECA’s, before it’ll be ready for painting.

Great job! Seeing them makes me want to watch the movies again for the zillionth time! :hi5:

I also got a TrickOrTreat GREMLiNS puppet, that I’m
planning to repaint.

There is nothing wrong with the TOTS Stripe and regular Gremlin. Have them both (Also the Mogwai's) and also have all 5 NECA Puppets. The Neca puppets need some paintjobs yes, but the TOTS are fine except the Gizmo...

The quality of the TOTS puppet is beyond crap. Crunched in body parts, badly glued seams, tears in the ears which are badly glued to the face and horns, the jawline/neck is badly trimmed and a part of the chin is missing. The eyes got dimples in them. The paintjob is ok for a toy, standard airbrushing on the markings (which is the best part about this replica) and painted in horns, claws and teeth by regular brush, missing details here and there and spilling some paint elsewhere. The mouth and teeth has a very dark brown wash going on, and the eyes look nothing like the movie puppets. So I need to do something about it to fully appreciate it.

Maybe some got lucky, and didn’t get a puppet that’s falling apart and looks like a kids painting gone wrong. :)

2BF8E9C1-FA34-4A0B-8CA3-1316B950608E.jpg

The quality of the TOTS puppet is beyond crap. Crunched in body parts, badly glued seams, tears in the ears which are badly glued to the face and horns, the jawline/neck is badly trimmed and a part of the chin is missing. The eyes got dimples in them. The paintjob is ok for a toy, standard airbrushing on the markings (which is the best part about this replica) and painted in horns, claws and teeth by regular brush, missing details here and there and spilling some paint elsewhere. The mouth and teeth has a very dark brown wash going on, and the eyes look nothing like the movie puppets. So I need to do something about it to fully appreciate it.

Maybe some got lucky, and didn’t get a puppet that’s falling apart and looks like a kids painting gone wrong. :)

View attachment 433633

Wow, that one looks pretty crap yes.
Maybe mine was from a batch that got more attention.
But if you want good quality then pay more for an ECC statue. Price quality for the TOTS version is fair enough.

Yeah, I might have gotten a bad one, even though
I pre-ordered it from Entertainment Earth.
But I should be able to fix it.

ECC are cool, but way out of my price range,
so I’ll have to go with the cheaper replicas out
there, and try to make them look a bit better
with more detailed and accurate paintjobs.

Back