NECA Gears of War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA Gears of War Series 1

Found all of series five at TRU this weekend. Here's a shot of the Boomers:

4048373892_641e44ffd8_b.jpg

Another awesome figure from NECA!!

bah, seeing this thread again reminded me that i needed to do some vids for the new series.

Great pic. I just hate how short the Boomers are though. They should be over a head taller than the others. Still the detail on them are fantastic.

Yeah, the detail on the Boomer is nice but he is too short. And it looks like he should be riding a horse. I guess their license really is based on 7" and not actual scale because Raam is way too short as well.

PS. Nice pics Zero!

Yeah, the detail on the Boomer is nice but he is too short. And it looks like he should be riding a horse. I guess their license really is based on 7" and not actual scale because Raam is way too short as well.
PS. Nice pics Zero!

Which is really a bummer since NECA's Resident Evil line, most of the figures are the right scale for each character like the 10" Tyrant. RAAM and the Boomers should have been around 8 1/2" to 9" to be accurate height wise.

Saw a recent comment from Randy from Neca, and Boomer scale totally due to cost...not just figure, but accessory size would have to be larger as well, etc.

That said, is the GOW line not popular enough to do a Deluxe wave at an appropriate price. I'd pay $20 for a giant Boomer

Saw a recent comment from Randy from Neca, and Boomer scale totally due to cost...not just figure, but accessory size would have to be larger as well, etc.

That said, is the GOW line not popular enough to do a Deluxe wave at an appropriate price. I'd pay $20 for a giant Boomer

Not sure if I belive that. The Majini Executioner from the RE5 line is in scale for the most part (about 8" compared to the 7" Chris) and he has a larger weapon than the Boomer. NECA's Gears series seems to be more popular than their RE line but they seem to get the scale more accurate on the RE figures. I do think RAAM definately deserves an overhaul in a more accurate scale. Having RAAM the same size as the Gears just doesn't look right.

I remember seeing the protoypes of the Boomers and they were supposed to be much bigger and come with alternate heads. No such luck I guess. Same goes for the tickers...while there cool looking there tiny...I mean thats one they could have scaled up since there not worried about consistency anyways.

My boomers, one regular, one Super Deformed. I think the height is off, but still a great figure.

BoomerComparison.jpg

Wow that's some ????ing bullcrap.

Great sculpted figure ruined by bad scaling.

He just looks like a short fat Locust now.

I agree 100% and I would re-buy Raam and the Boomers at $ 20 each or so if made in the correct scale.
:lecture:

But I wouldn't expect it since that's what should have been done in the first place. With all this reuse in sculpts I see no excuse not to. Raam may be a one-off, but the boomer reuses parts.

I remember seeing the protoypes of the Boomers and they were supposed to be much bigger and come with alternate heads. No such luck I guess. Same goes for the tickers...while there cool looking there tiny...I mean thats one they could have scaled up since there not worried about consistency anyways.

I don't think they weren't supposed to come with two head. NECA likes to release those as variants.

And I remember the tickers were supposed to be a two pack.

Last edited:
Wow that's some ????ing bullcrap.

Great sculpted figure ruined by bad scaling.

He just looks like a short fat Locust now.

:lecture:

But I wouldn't expect it since that's what should have been done in the first place. With all this reuse in sculpts I see no excuse not to. Raam may be a one-off, but the boomer reuses parts.

I don't think they weren't supposed to come with two head. NECA likes to release those as variants.

And I remember the tickers were supposed to be a two pack.

Yeah when the prototypes were coming out there was word going around that they were going to have alternate heads and in fact it was a Mauler head with the horns that you could switch off since the boomers have the similar bodies to the maulers.

Seeing that there not in scale, I dont care anymore because they do look like short fat locusts.

Back