NECA Gears of War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P3160098.JPG

a quick flick of my gears, ive just started to lose intrest with them ,the hype just not there like it used to be:monkey2:monkey2

a quick flick of my gears, ive just started to lose intrest with them ,the hype just not there like it used to be:monkey2:monkey2

Speaking of losing interest... That's what happened to me, I ended up selling them all. I just have my original little Marcus left and a Ticker I got as a gift.

I haven't lost interest in Gears, just the 7" Neca figures.

Don't think this has been mentioned but this year's SDCC figure is Jace Stratton.
Here's some info:
https://www.figures.com/forums/news/10508-first-look-sdcc-2010-exclusive-jace-stratton.html
Also, I was watching a collectors video on youtube the other day and he said that NECA are doing GOW3 figures AND that they will be making them "from the ground up" I believe he said. Hopefully this means more improved articulation. :pray:
Btw, if anyone has a spare series 5 COG soldier please throw me a PM. :)

Sorry to necropost, but I'm in the market for some NECA Gears figures and I think I'm gonna start with Marcus. My question is, is there any difference between the Series 1 and Series 2 Marcus figures?

Sorry to necropost, but I'm in the market for some NECA Gears figures and I think I'm gonna start with Marcus. My question is, is there any difference between the Series 1 and Series 2 Marcus figures?

Series 2 Marcus has more articulation. They added a bicep swivel I believe....and something else I can't remember at the moment.

anyone have the GOW 3 Marcus to compare to the previous figures?

I don't have it personally but my friend got the GOW3 Marcus/Locust Drone 2-pack at TRU. Looking at it, it doesn't look like there is any way for him to hold his Lancer with both hands. There is no bicep swivel or forearm swivel which really sucks. The head sculpt looks new though and the paint looks good on the Drone but Marcus has a few bits of sloppyness on him. Nothing a quick touch up can't help. I can't comment much more on it since he kept the figure carded but overall it looks nice. Like I said the biggest disapointment is it appears he won't be able to grip the Lancer with both hands which make posing very limited.

Best Marcus is the TRU EX with the dogtags IMO. Pretty sure that one had the swivel biceps & articulated elbows. Plus it just looked cool in the package (holding the dogtags up and stuff).

sorry for bringing up this older thread, but I didn't know if I should put these in the GoW3 thread or here.

But I just picked up series 1 of the NECA GoW3 figures. Wanted to share my pics. I had to do some touch ups on the paint especially on Marcus' face. I toned down the blue on Carmine's helmet also

SAM_2600.jpg

SAM_2601.jpg

SAM_2602.jpg

These are great! I saw them at my local Toys 'R Us this week for about $16.00 each. I might be able to get them for Christmas. I have the first 12" Marcus, and the first 6/7" Marcus, and COG soldier with the shotgun so far. I'd love to eventually have the whole COG gang someday. NECA's doing a great job on these figures!

Looks good. Carmine's helmet is a bit too blue, but good job toning it down. I got the GOW 3 series 1 myself, and was even lucky enough to pick up the Anya pink lancer variant at TRU. I also got the new 2-pack, but the paint apps are herendous on that. Marcus looks like Mick Jagger on steroids.

great details on this figures but i'm still hoping sideshow gives us a gears of war pf some day :pray:

I'd like to see Hot Toys pick this line up, but as bulky as they'd have to be I'd hate to see the prices on them. A PF from SSC would be nice. The Triforce Marcus Fenix bust is nice, and for as big as it is it's a good price, too.

So NECA will be making 3" 3/4 Gears figures.

20 points of articulation, signature weapons and blister carded.

First wave is Marcus, Baird and Carmine.

At the very least this means we might get some properly scaled Boomers now, but i'm hoping they really utilize the scale; Bloodmounts, Berzerkers, Reavers, Ravens, Brumaks, that thing the Locust queen rode around on in 3 and my holy grail for this line; a Corpser.

Could be cool - I don't think they've done this scale before, right? So, if they look uber detailed, I'll get em. Let's hope their factories don't lose their molds again!

Where was this announcement made?

Last edited:
Back