NECA - ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erm... no!

We're paying around a 100$ and we won't get it at ToysRUs.
I do't expect HT quality, but solid quality.

Besides, what has been described here was simply an average NECA release.

I remember getting their RoboCop.
I returned it instantly since the paintjob sticked almost every joint, a piston on one leg was already broken in the package and the sculpt of the whole figure is... meh.

The only really satisfying figure I know from NECA is the Crysis 2 NanoSuit.

But I am still looking foward this ED.

It sounds like this figure has you trapped.

So.. you were expecting it to be hollow & fragile?

Prices are of course relative, depending on what part of the world you're buying from, but this is supposed be pushing past the K-mart aisle category - as far as their marketing was concerned. One got the impression that there was some bulk & heft to the piece, & that the build quality was a little better than what's being reported.

These 'be happy' posts are giving me the s**ts. :lol

My post wasn't a "be happy" post, it was "be reasonable"

One's perception and intrepretation of a piece is a matter of opinion and i am in no position to tell you guys how to think. I hope this figure pleasantly suprises you guys!

I find that after a few posts raising the issues with it it lowers my expectations enough to be OK with what I receive. Unfortunately there usually has to be someone who gets it first who couldn't have their expectations lowered by previous complaints.

I would rather have a light weight Ed-209 then a Anvil of a robot. AND as long as it's put together WELL, then I think I'm fine with the hollow part.. A CAN'T WAIT! FREAKIN TODAY!

I'm thinkin that if ol ED had a heavier, solid torso, we'd have ourselves a sagging problem. :p

Anyways, mine oughta be here by the end of the week, yeah yo! :D

Honestly, what can you all expect from this figure? Its a NECA at the end of the day. For those that have bought their stuff before, theres always a certain level to expect. It will never be a perfect figure and for the price, the size, what its actully been put into and what actually came out of it. I would say its still a nice figure to have. Cant always please everyone. I was one of the guys to get it early but theres no crime in that. I waited just as long as everyone and wanted an ED figure as much as the next. For what I paid and what I have played with and examined with, it will do for me, since I dont want to pay for a Hot Toys one.

Everyone has their own opinion so fair play in that aspect. I just hope for those that are still waiting to reserve their own judgments until they have it in hand to expereince the product. Lets all chill and just be happy with our own toys.

I find that after a few posts raising the issues with it it lowers my expectations enough to be OK with what I receive. Unfortunately there usually has to be someone who gets it first who couldn't have their expectations lowered by previous complaints.

:goodpost:

That is my feelings too a-dev.

At the end of the day it is what it is and he is still going to looking great next to Robocop. :yess:

Got mine today!! :yess:

4j2ucx.jpg

OH got him working now. a little stiff but He works. so Jason Marko. How's your Ed? and everyone (those who have it) else's so far?

Love it! I had it sitting next to me while I watched all the special features on the new Robocop Blu-ray that came out today. :D

1613909_10202174197489771_1102844019_n_zpsb51a94a2.jpg

I watched the special features today too! I thought it was interesting to see what the cast though of Robocop. I never realized that Robocop is actually supposed to be called Robo. I also loved how they pulled off some of those special effects. I wish thursday would come already or UPS would deliver a day earlier. I really want to see Ed-209 for my self.

Back