NECA - ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I might have been a bit conservative with that guess. The Robocop figures were 13-15.

In any case, it will be mine. If it's not big enough for Neca Robo, then at least I have the Figma Robo.

At my TRU, the Evil Dead were $14(soldout), Nightmare 3,4 were $15(soldout), Friday 3,4 were $18(soldout), and the half their size Gremlins were $21(still plenty). Can honestly say I don't get Neca prices.

I wonder if this will be carded and need to have the legs snapped into place, or just come in a display box.

I love it and wanna see some Hi-rez photos of this baby. Wake up HT & Enterbay lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Word on the street is it's gonna be about $50. Which in this day and age of toy inflation, where 4" figures cost 12.99 and 6" figures are up to 20, is really not that bad for one of the most bad-*** looking robots in cinema history finally represented in the 6-7" scale!! Even if it's a statue with no moving parts, I'd happily slap down the 50 to finally own this bad boy! But come on, the legs and arms will move at least. Maybe the little flippers and pistons and stuff might not, but I'm sure it'll be at least minimally articulated. Seems like a steal for $50 compared to the Hot Toys which will undoubtedly be $400 or so and take up a hell of a lot more valuable real estate on a toy shelf.

Yeah NECA have already said its going to be in the 50$ range.

Also the scale is right if you compare it to the 7" sized figures in this pic:

BCwiwA2CUAIyJQF_zps1e5203ea.jpg

Too big if anything. But I'm not complaining

Ed's looking better now I've seen more pics, that first picture didn't do it any justice. The dome on Ed doesn't look rubber anyway xD does look like it has a huge lip though, all around the edge of the dome.

Will probably pick this guy up.

This and 89 Batman are the stars of the show. I've been waiting for NECA to make this and it's great to see it finally happened!

NECA: please, please, please consider making this in 1/4 scale.

This and 89 Batman are the stars of the show. I've been waiting for NECA to make this and it's great to see it finally happened!

NECA: please, please, please consider making this in 1/4 scale.

Neca in general have alot of win going on this year, not just Aliens but Marines we've wanted a long time, the 1/4 Iron Man, Batman and West Batman, not a bad showing and alot of cult classic stuff is a nice change from mostly modern blockbuster crap that every else is doing to.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

They've been hesitant enough to make it in scale with 7" figures. I really can't see them going 1:4 with this.

They've been working on this for 1.5-2 years. I'm hopeful they will give it a shot.

If they make a 1/4 scale ED it would impact the collectible market much like the 19-20" Predators. A $200ish 1/4 scale ED-209 would sell like Hot Cakes. They could SERIOUSLY cash in on this character.

The 1/4 scale ED is not impossible. It's adventerous...they hit a GRAND SLAM with the 19-20" Predators, i don't see why they wouldn't do it for ED-209.

Neca in general have alot of win going on this year, not just Aliens but Marines we've wanted a long time, the 1/4 Iron Man, Batman and West Batman, not a bad showing and alot of cult classic stuff is a nice change from mostly modern blockbuster crap that every else is doing to.

I've always loved NECA's products, but in the past couple of years they positioned themselve quite nicely collectible world.

They've been working on this for 1.5-2 years. I'm hopeful they will give it a shot.

If they make a 1/4 scale ED it would impact the collectible market much like the 19-20" Predators. A $200ish 1/4 scale ED-209 would sell like Hot Cakes. They could SERIOUSLY cash in on this character.

The 1/4 scale ED is not impossible. It's adventerous...they hit a GRAND SLAM with the 19-20" Predators, i don't see why they wouldn't do it for ED-209.

I've always loved NECA's products, but in the past couple of years they positioned themselve quite nicely collectible world.

Just, the size I imagine would be a concern to everyone, starting with the retailers who NECA will be looking to stock such a thing. If retailers aren't convinced that it'll sell they won't stock it - and it might not sell. Many collectors might content themselves with the smaller NECA version and the HT version and casual buyers likely won't buy something that big. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

Wow its giant!
No i'm seriously reconsidering getting the new HT version.
What is the quality of NECA's paint apps on mechs/vehicules stuff usually?

Well if this has the paint quality of neca's wolf predator then yay. If it has the paint quality of neca's elder predator then booo.

A diorama styled boxed BD ED-209 and BD RoboCop would be neat.

Amazing piece. $50 price point will definitely tell us its in scale with the other Robo figs. And we all know HT's version will be at least $400 plus!

Back