NECA: Commando Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually the 2-up prototypes look better though. :lol

They're expertly hand painted and done in their studio. If that 2-Up looks bad now, imagine when it's shrunk down and mass produced. Their Penguin, Apes, Leatherface, and Alien figures look way better than this Matrix figure, in my opinion.

Yeah, but they do a better job with their bread and butter Aliens and Predator. Those protos look great, but when it comes to the lines they don't give a crap about like Rambo, they don't bother doing a good job with the prototypes. The Rambo 2 prototype was oddly posed, missing accessories, and it looked like it was painted the day before with flat paint. The final product however, had the new translucent plastic and more accessories. This Comando figure will most likely use the translucent plastic and it will look like the Dutch figure. Compared the display are of the Alien stuff and the Comando area...it's says Terminator Genesis on the wall :lol

That's just a banner showing different properties that surrounds their booth to promote the overall power of the NECA brand. It doesn't necessarily correspond to what's below it (obviously)

Obviously. :lol Still, my point is that NECA usually puts more effort on certain display areas and prototypes, such as Aliens, Predator, and Planet of the apes. I guess those are their best selling lines.

Except the Yankees have rubber arms, which not only hinders the articulation on the field, but they also crack and break eventually :lol I guess, we're talking about the current Yankee lineup, not the Babe Ruth era. But yeah, it's silly to compare both because they are different sizes. I think both companies do a good job in their respective scales.

runalong.jpg

:lol

All joking aside, if presented with the opportunity, the 2015 Yankees could drop two of three to a t-ball team. :slap

I'm getting the Hot Toys Version but may also get this. If I don't get it for myself I'll get it for my brother.

No worries, I'm just bustin' your chops a little, brother. :lol :hi5:

How long you been a fan of the Pinstripes? 1994 - the strike year - for me.

Around 1992, when I went to see them with my Grandpa. Last time I saw them play was in 2001 against Tampa Bay. I think that was the year they went to the World Series and loss against the DiamondBacks...even though they should have won that seventh game :slap

Have to say I'm happy to see Matrix getting a figure from Neca. The prototype looks pretty rough, I have a feeling it will change quite a bit once we see the final one. I doubt they will entirely reuse the dutch body for him.

Around 1992, when I went to see them with my Grandpa. Last time I saw them play was in 2001 against Tampa Bay. I think that was the year they went to the World Series and loss against the DiamondBacks...even though they should have won that seventh game :slap

Sweet. :duff

Yep, Mo and the gang should've finished them off. But to be fair, the Yanks would've lost the series in five or so games if Byung-hyun Kim hadn't imploded. Johnson and Schilling were that good that year.

As for the figure, it's essentially Dutch V6. Or V7, I don't know any more. :lol It's still a decent alternative if you're not getting the HT version.

Back