NECA Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be time to take my Balrog DOWN from it's perch up on top of the bookshelf. My Legolas PF arrived and he needs a special place!

Perhaps another spot for the Flaming One can be found!!

huh?? no way, that thing is in great scale. sure not perfect but cmon, that thing is as close as you can get. being off an inch isnt a big deal, in fact after watching the movie im sure that is the correct scale. dont know what your talking about.

I don't know...

Deluxe_Balrog3.jpg

Gandalf practically comes up to the WASTE of this Balrog...and isn't the balrog supposed to be like 25 feet tall or more?

The NECA one looks much more to scale:

Balrog11.jpg

OOOH MY GOD LOL!! sorrryy!! i thought you were talkin about the neca one being underscaled lol!! my bad!

It may be time to take my Balrog DOWN from it's perch up on top of the bookshelf. My Legolas PF arrived and he needs a special place!

Perhaps another spot for the Flaming One can be found!!

Geb, by another spot do you mean another home? If so please PM me as I am in the market for one.

A couple of pictures of my NECA Balrog conversion.
The head has been removed so that the light unit can be taken out and holes drilled through the eyes and mouth to allow a stronger, white light to shine through. The limbs have been glued in place and joints filled and skin tone added to hide the jointed pieces.

AAA852.jpg

AAA854.jpg

AAA853.jpg

AAA866.jpg

AAA867.jpg

Once rebuilt and resprayed I think it will make an excellent display piece with the accompanying Balrog battle Gandalf.

man what happened to it? you break it apart? i wouldnyt dare do that to mine lol.

A couple of pictures of my NECA Balrog conversion.
The head has been removed so that the light unit can be taken out and holes drilled through the eyes and mouth to allow a stronger, white light to shine through. The limbs have been glued in place and joints filled and skin tone added to hide the jointed pieces.

Once rebuilt and resprayed I think it will make an excellent display piece with the accompanying Balrog battle Gandalf.

Looks great, is it finished yet? Any new pics? :naughty

This was made to be a statue. The joints were really weak from the beginning.

well i dont think it was made to really be a statue but yeah the articulation especially around the legs is just plain loose and i did wind up haveing to glue to stay in place. i also had to glue the wings on cu the wings were just too heavy and would fall off once in a while. but the arms and head and all that im glad they are action figure-like cuz it ables it to be posed more and heck, even played with more lol. if it was just a statue, i probably would not have boughten it. im not a statue guy, i like action figures with articulation, their just more fun.

I just managed to score one of these new in the box. :yess:

Looking forward to adding this to my humble collection.

What do these run now trayloc? An eBay score?

I picked up one new in the box for 150.00. Shipping was a reasonable 25.00 sent via fed ex.

The figure is fantastic....I have him sitting on a shelf next to my SOTA Lord of Darkness figure.

I picked up one new in the box for 150.00. Shipping was a reasonable 25.00 sent via fed ex.

The figure is fantastic....I have him sitting on a shelf next to my SOTA Lord of Darkness figure.

I agree. I think both the Balrog and Lord of Darkness are some of the best sculpts around for the larger sized figures in the mid price range.

Back