NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you guys catch the tweet (from last week I believe) mentioning that wave 12 will no longer be comprised of Resurection characters? Randy said the Resurrection figures were getting postponed to either wave 13 or 14 and that wave 12 would now be something else. This news came around the same time as last Friday's Hadley's Hope / return to LV-426 / more ALIENS figures later this summer / teaser, so I'm speculating that wave 12 is actually going to be something I'll want to purchase after all :)

sherlock.jpg

A sound deduction. Let's hope!

Indeed that would restore my faith in the line. I was planning to go at least 3 full series without buying a single figure*. Kenner, comic, and Resurrection just wasnt doing it for me. Now there may yet be hope.

*I'll probably get Lambert if I stumble across her the old fashioned way (in store).

Yeah I still haven't ordered a Lambert. Gonna wait to see what she'd cost individually from the NECA ebaystore compared to other options.

Indeed that would restore my faith in the line. I was planning to go at least 3 full series without buying a single figure*. Kenner, comic, and Resurrection just wasnt doing it for me. Now there may yet be hope.

Same here, the only things they announced for this year that I was going to get is the Marine accessory pack and the Queen re-issue. The Covenant Xeno is a "maybe", but I'll have to see it in person first.

Same here, the only things they announced for this year that I was going to get is the Marine accessory pack and the Queen re-issue. The Covenant Xeno is a "maybe", but I'll have to see it in person first.

Oh yeah. Forgot about the covenant and 'lost Prometheus' waves. Would be 5 waves of non-interest.

Oh well, I'll have to wait a little longer for the AR line then, can't say I was in a hurry so I don't mind.

Pretty much all my Covenant POs are "maybe" with a strong chance of cancellation.

As long as it's no more Kenner stuff I'll be curious.

Watch it be more Kenner stuff :lol

Did you guys catch the tweet (from last week I believe) mentioning that wave 12 will no longer be comprised of Resurection characters? Randy said the Resurrection figures were getting postponed to either wave 13 or 14 and that wave 12 would now be something else. This news came around the same time as last Friday's Hadley's Hope / return to LV-426 / more ALIENS figures later this summer / teaser, so I'm speculating that wave 12 is actually going to be something I'll want to purchase after all :)

Im in the neca Alien club and i really hope its someting Aliens inspired and not just a crazy warrior variation/repaint to go along with that announcement. Im giving the club a 1 year trial and i know a kenner wave is coming i just am not too excited about anything Kenner even though i know a lot are - which is cool, just not for me. I would be ok with mixed waves and an occassional kenner figure mixed in, i just dont want a full wave i dont have any interest in and have to end up re-selling just to satisfy the club requirements in hope of a cool year end exclusive which im guessing may not be worth it. As i've mentioned before i have wave 11 and the AC wave paid for through the club already - 2 waves i'm waiting for and i had to buy that kenner Vas just to meet the requirements. If the SDCC exclusive and end of year exclusive arent worth it - i'm done with the club!

I think the "Aliens" line may be entering the phase the "Predator" line is in now, some re-issues or improved figures, figures finishing up the last movies (Resurrection, AvP:R etc.) and a lot of Kenner/comic stuff to fill out the waves. That, and diorama pieces and accessory packs.

Barring Major announcements like Drake and other human characters (some with a very unlikely chance of being made) I don't think there is really anything left from the films that they would make aside from variants like ops Vasquez or Jacket Ripley. I might be wrong, but I feel like Lambert is the last human we will probably get from "Alien", hopefully we will get more new Marines from "Aliens", I highly doubt anything else from "Alien3" aside from the creature set and molten lead Xeno, and from "Resurrection" I'm expecting the Xeno, Ripley 8, Newborn and MAYBE Call.

We will get new covenant stuff and whatever new things come out from the new movies, but as far as the classic stuff I think that what is left for them to make (and what they would actually want to make) is going to be spread out in between waves of Kenner, comic and reissue/variant stuff like the Predator series is now.

Hello, I need some advice please about a Neca Xenomorph Genocide that I just bought. The right shoulder won't spread/open because there's some kind of extra layer of plastic that's blocking the shoulder joint from moving. I tried heating it up with a hair dryer and pulling it with tweezers, but it's not working. I've also tried putting a little force to move it while hot, but I stopped because it just wouldn't move and I'm afraid if I forced it more, it'll just break.

Is there something else I can try to make the shoulder joint be able to open wide and not just move up and down? Thanks!

Hello, I need some advice please about a Neca Xenomorph Genocide that I just bought. The right shoulder won't spread/open because there's some kind of extra layer of plastic that's blocking the shoulder joint from moving. I tried heating it up with a hair dryer and pulling it with tweezers, but it's not working. I've also tried putting a little force to move it while hot, but I stopped because it just wouldn't move and I'm afraid if I forced it more, it'll just break.

Is there something else I can try to make the shoulder joint be able to open wide and not just move up and down? Thanks!

A picture might help to better understand the problem.

You might first try actually submersing the arm/shoulder in hot water, you'll be suprised how pliable it will become.

NECA@NECA_TOYS 4m4 minutes ago

Ever wanted a good way to display your extra accessory heads from all different manufacturers? Fits most 6"-7" figure's heads. Thoughts?

HeadsUp.jpg

NECA‏@NECA_TOYS 5m5 minutes ago

NECA Retweeted
target price is $6.99 for the set of 3 as shown.

Replying to @NECA_TOYS
How much per pack? i could use...a lot of these.

Ever wanted a good way to display your extra accessory heads from all different manufacturers? Fits most 6"-7" figure's heads. Thoughts?

View attachment 339479

NECA Retweeted

Replying to @NECA_TOYS
Those would come in handy for displaying or use for stand for painting customs

complaining: Im really unhappy with the teeth of my Alien isolation Xeno from neca. Compare to ArtFX big chap is it a shame. My Alien Warriors teeth arent so bad.
who else has this problem with the isolation figure? I mean it doesnt look like this one on the promotion picture at all-
What about the big chap, how are the teeth from it?

teeth.jpg
not like this
neca-series-6-04.jpg

I have a lot of aliens with half there teeth painted or slopped paint marks. But u can't compare the paint app to a 75$ to 90$ statue sadly. Neca is weird , sometimes I get a prefect awesome figure and sometimes I don't, but they all look great together. Compliment each other in a way.

complaining: Im really unhappy with the teeth of my Alien isolation Xeno from neca. Compare to ArtFX big chap is it a shame. My Alien Warriors teeth arent so bad.
So far this is my favorite recurring topic in this thread: Neca and painjobs. Contribute the price difference between Koto and Neca to the local painter, duh

who else has this problem with the isolation figure? I mean it doesnt look like this one on the promotion picture at all-
What about the big chap, how are the teeth from it?

View attachment 339553
not like this
View attachment 339554

I think I might know what your getting at.

Are you talking more about the shape of the teeth, rather than the paint app?

I've noticed two "styles" of teeth among alien depictions.

Some are more fangy, others like the Isolation alien seem to have squarer, more human looking teeth:

AlienTeethComparison.jpg

Of course from other angles, some display both characteristics. So I take it as artistic license again.

AlienTeethComparison2.jpg

The Isolation Alien seems to have the most square looking head, front on at least. It's also very akin to the new Covenant Alien.

I'd say Neca did a good job matching the teeth on their Isolation figure with the game.

View attachment 339479

NECA Retweeted

Replying to @NECA_TOYS

Remember back in ol' 2013...

DSCN61941.JPG

I got my Kenner Vasquez this afternoon. I took some quick shots of the Kenner torso on the regular pants.
a2088f155fedf8a2f5ffcfdea5ab6b9b.jpg
12fecbe99a76a6126548eab73294e813.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back