NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 314655

The quintessential picture to describe NECA's quality control - or lack thereof - lately.

Its weird that their human figures are such hit and miss with the paint apps on the face and the sculpting as well. Their Aliens and Predators are pretty much a hit run for the most part, but their humans, especially the marines and Ripley, are such crap overall lately. You have to really fish through a whole shipment in store to find one thats decent.

I think Sigourney Weaver will be most glad that she let them do an open mouth version of her in the end. I mean it could've been absolutely terrible!!........

If I had bought the Gorilla Alien I'd be sticking this Ripley in the cage next to it.... Someone please do a mock up of this - with this Ripley crouched with her arms flailing in the air - taunting the Gorilla Alien who's still trying to fit in with the rest of the xeno's.

That pic of Newt scares me in case they do make Blade Runner. They goddamn well better nail Harrison which is a feat in and of itself, something HT still can't do.

We're are the video reviews of the space jockey? I need to see more than pics before I pull the plug on my pre-order.

Thats why I was thinking of a photo review, there really is non. And I think the piece is amazing. One of my cautions is , if u can't paint or fix things on statues I would get one cheap. The paint is good but not perfect and it's a foam model so I don't need to fix anything but I am prepared to if needed in time

The imperfections in Newts sculpt and paint apps are not as noticeable with her sitting on the shelf. I got a new iPhone case for my SE that has attachable lenses and used the macro lens to do the close up of Newt. It really brings out any and all imperfections. She looks good on the shelf.

About the new Hicks / Hudson two pack, I sent a Twitter message to Randy asking if they had decided to use injected flesh tones and he didn't respond. I have a feeling that they are just going to repackage the old figures, but I could be wrong.

I saw a response from him either this week or last that they would use the injected flesh like they did with Vas and they might show pics of Hicks and Hudson today for face hugger Friday. Fingers crossed!

The imperfections in Newts sculpt and paint apps are not as noticeable with her sitting on the shelf. I got a new iPhone case for my SE that has attachable lenses and used the macro lens to do the close up of Newt. It really brings out any and all imperfections. She looks good on the shelf.

About the new Hicks / Hudson two pack, I sent a Twitter message to Randy asking if they had decided to use injected flesh tones and he didn't respond. I have a feeling that they are just going to repackage the old figures, but I could be wrong.

I saw a response from him either this week or last that they would use the injected flesh like they did with Vas and they might show pics of Hicks and Hudson today for face hugger Friday. Fingers crossed!

Ok cool, thanks. I missed that bit of info. Glad they decided to use the flesh tones.

After hearing about all the cancellations that Calendars.com has made on other figures now I'm worried about them cancelling my Hicks & Hudson sets that I preordered for the low price of $66 shipped for 2 sets. Man I hope still get them at that price.

How slow is Calendars at receiving and shipping their items compared to places like TRU for those who have ordered through them before?

How slow is Calendars at receiving and shipping their items compared to places like TRU for those who have ordered through them before?

every time I've ordered from them it's been a flawless transaction.

I order ALL my NECA 18" figures from them from now on.

After hearing about all the cancellations that Calendars.com has made on other figures now I'm worried about them cancelling my Hicks & Hudson sets that I preordered for the low price of $66 shipped for 2 sets. Man I hope still get them at that price.

I ordered my Rescuing Newt set from them with the discount and it was shipped ahead of their PO availability estimate. No problems. I also ordered the Hicks/Hudson two pack from them so hopefully it will be the same.

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 4m4 minutes ago

The ALIENS 30th Anniversary 2 pack of Hicks & Hudson all packed out & shipping in a few weeks #facehuggerfriday #aliens #gameoverman

HHTwoPack1.jpg

HHTwoPack2.jpg

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 4m4 minutes ago

NECA Retweeted

new deco & use of flesh tinted plastic. Hudson helmet more accurate color & tampo then original release

@NECA_TOYS just to verify, there's nothing new or exclusive to this set compared to prior releases of those figures, correct?

They shipped my Ripley & Newt set on 12/30 and it was delivered yesterday via UPS. Very well packed. This was my first order with Calendars, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them in the future. My only gripe would be the plastic hook used for hanging the product box on a store rack arrived bent in half (like someone purposely creased it)... but that's also been a common occurrence whenever I've ordered Ultimate NECA figures from TRU online.

The two-pack looks fine, but NECA's cheap quality reared it's ugly head again when I tried putting the new Ripley in the power loader. The little peg that you use to secure the figure in the harness just fell out. I had no idea it was a separate piece, but apparently the silver paint was the only thing holding it in place.... and that peeled right off when I detached the buckle. I had no option but to superglue it back together.

Even worse, the control handle on the right side of the loader snapped off when I tried putting the hand around it. I cussed a blue streak when that happened because I was being extremely careful to begin with. I even popped the hands off Ripley before placing them around the controls to avoid such a problem. I think a saltine cracker is less brittle than the material they used to make this $100 "collectible" vehicle.

I did my best to extract the broken piece (the slider) that was wedged inside the tract, but it wouldn't budge. Finally, I pried the slot with a flat head screwdriver and managed to suck out the piece with a vacuum cleaner attachment. From there, I superglued the handle back together and gave it a thin coat of black paint before gingerly popping it back in place. The slider is now functional, but I sure as hell won't be moving it again.

Back