NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The skin toned plastic def looks good from here. I'm also happy they fixed Hudson's helmet cover color...mostly.

Forgive the potentially silly question, but what is "tampo"? (Neca's quote lists "more accurate color and tampo" on Hudsons helmet improvements)

The skin toned plastic def looks good from here. I'm also happy they fixed Hudson's helmet cover color...mostly.

Forgive the potentially silly question, but what is "tampo"? (Neca's quote lists "more accurate color and tampo" on Hudsons helmet improvements)

Tampo is a printing style.

I do like the way the flesh injected paint looks on these too but I have no idea what "tampo" is or means!

If what we actually receive looks like that then awesome. I doubt it though. Those pulse rifles will be warped for one thing.....

Agreed. I hate it when companies try to pose the figure in the packaging with the weapons in their hands. Always leads to warping or paint rubbing.

That said, this set does look great. I love that they actually fixed the color of hudson's helmet. Also glad they went with the flesh tone plastic. Lets hope it looks as good in person. Even though I have the series 1 Hicks and Hudson, if the overall quality is improved I want this set to replace them.
The series 1 versions are nice, but I'm afraid to even touch them as their painted elbows and hands are so easily scratched and the plastic feels so much cheaper than the newer stuff from last year.

Of course, the big downside is that they have to go and release flesh-cast versions of Frost and Bishop. :yess:

The Space Jockey came back into stock at BBTS so I added it to my cart and went to check out to see what the shipping would be. Their previous estimate was $544. Now that they have it in stock........it jumped up to $693.74!!! Add the $299.99 item cost AND a hefty customs fee.

So that's completely out of the question for me. Hopefully Forbidden Planet Dublin gets it in and isn't charging too much of a markup.

The flesh tone of the two pack makes them more human like I guess, but am still happy with the two individual ones I have now. If I can get this on sale in the future then cool but otherwise not going to loose sleep if I do not get this.

Is interesting though that Randy today teased they are already planning another wave of the Kenner Aliens. Hope it includes one of the marines in there to break up the Alien wave. Would be cool if they did Atax with his drone armour as it was such a unique figure to the Kenner line.

Yikes!! Looks like Ripley has nerve damage to the right side of her face!! Also looks like Newt is wearing a mop on her head and other face issues. I'm shocked at how bad these look. I recently picked up the Kane figure and it looks great. What happened?

Did any of you marine customizers ever incorporate anything from the old McFarlane Hicks figures? Anything salvageable from that wreckage? I'm thinking of trying to make use of mine somehow.

Did any of you marine customizers ever incorporate anything from the old McFarlane Hicks figures? Anything salvageable from that wreckage? I'm thinking of trying to make use of mine somehow.

I tried but what I did try to salvage was out of scale, the helmet & motion tracker was too small and the pulse rifle was bigger than the NECA version if I remember right but it's still a nice weapon. The chest armor was in a preposed position that didn't work well. The thing I liked most was the alien hive base stand. One good thing about the McFarlane stuff was the stands and display pieces, I use all of those in some sort of display.

Hmm, it was the torso I was thinking of using so as to keep the heads - weirdly enough although the McFarlane and NECA sculpts look nothing alike I still see Biehn in the Mcfarlane head, particularly with helmet on - the hair is the least accurate thing in shape and colour and with that obscured it's not bad IMO. As for the un-helmeted head I think repainting the hair would be within my capabilities and that would be my Ops version if it all worked out. I'd try to use the lower section and the arms of the NECA figure to retain all articulation - and because the McFarlane arms and legs were stupidly oversized. This would involve cutting back the sleeves on the McFarlane body as they are too long anyway and interfere with shoulder range.

The alternative if none of that works is to hollow out the necks of the NECA bodies so the McFarlane heads fit but I prefer to avoid too much cutting and drilling....

Also, skintones wouldn't match but I'd be hoping that wouldn't be too noticeable.

Last edited:
Randy - A big announcement in advance of Toy Fair might be made public as of tomorrow. Get ready gang. This is huge!

I doubt this has anything to do with Alien/Predator/Terminator but thought I'd post it here anyway. Johnny Utah's Blade Runner license perhaps?

January 8th, today, is Roy Batty's incept date. They might be trying to do a tie-in and hype us for the new film. I would love a press release from WB listing all licensing partners like NECA, Sideshow, Hot Toys and Prime 1 Studio for figures and statues. It'd be very cool if HT released the news as they usually do early in the morning.

I haven't seen Randy make this kind of an announcement in a long time. The BTS people are forcing his hand, he must have been saving it for Toyfair.

Last edited:
Back