NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, the biggest culprit is the "replacement Ripley" syndrome these prequels have. Scott went as far as to cast Noomi Rapace, who looks strikingly similar to young Sigourney in terms of facial structure, in Prometheus. And in this one, he's not only casting a woman that also looks similar to the last two female leads, but also going as far as to literally make her a Ripley.

This whole thing would make about as much sense as having a prequel to Terminator where we find out Sarah Connors mom was also chased by a T-800 from the future.

This I can relate to, and I do agree. I'm hoping to God the rumours about Ripley's mother being in this are not true.

To me, the biggest culprit is the "replacement Ripley" syndrome these prequels have. Scott went as far as to cast Noomi Rapace, who looks strikingly similar to young Sigourney in terms of facial structure, in Prometheus. And in this one, he's not only casting a woman that also looks similar to the last two female leads, but also going as far as to literally make her a Ripley.

This whole thing would make about as much sense as having a prequel to Terminator where we find out Sarah Connors mom was also chased by a T-800 from the future.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you that may not be the best comparison because if Skynet could have tracked Sarah Connor's mother (before Sarah was born) then they quite plausibly would send a Terminator to kill her as it would have had the same intended effect of wiping John Connor from existence. It would be totally repetitious and unwanted to base a film on that however

Last edited:
Alice This whole thing would make about as much sense as having a prequel to Terminator where we find out Sarah Connors mom was also chased/ [I said:
killed [/I]by a Terminator from the future.
fixed it for ya , dont give em any ideas, no wait............................... my bad too late

That may not be the best comparison because if Skynet could have tracked Sarah Connor's mother (before Sarah was born) then they quite plausibly would send a Terminator to kill her as it would have had the same intended effect of wiping John Connor from existence.

I was thinking more along the lines that, obviously in the timeline of T1/T2 Sarah is alive, so the hypothetical T-800 would have failed. In T1/T2 Sarah never mentions her mother being chased by a T-800, and is surprised and in disbelief at the existence of them in T1. Then if they make a prequel where Sarah's mom survives an attack, it wouldn't jive with established events in T1. Cause, don't you think Sarah's mom would have mentioned a little thing like being targeted for murder by a machine from the future to her daughter?

the movie will suck because it tries to use a completely dead franchise.
Did I understood you wrongly or did you just said Alien is a dead franchise?

even a short trailer shows scenes directly copied from older movies. but that's just a proof and not a reason.
you watched the trailer, you didn't see them, i named the ones i could remember and describe clearly (as i saw it only once this morning, seconds before my comment).
And there you are condemning a movie based on a 2 min trailer you seen once. I'm not saying the movie will be good, but don't you think you are being hasty in judging it before you even know the context of those scenes you mentioned? For instance, maybe the new face hugger scene could also involve deception from David/Walter as opposed to the poor chap just accidentally stumbling upon the egg? The different context will give the superficially similar scenes vastly different meanings.

what???
that tail. scene. in A1. is a widely discussed scene for many years. was Lambert raped by a tail, where are her clothes, did it mean something or was just another ****up by scott. and you call that tail NOT a direct stealing from the original movie?
Just because the xeno's tail went between the dude's leg does not mean that it is copying the same scene. I think the Lambert scene conveys a very different feel to the shower scene. Again, context.

Maybe I'm giving AC too much credit but what I am saying is that do look beyond superficial similarities before going all doom and gloom. You and a few may not be excited that there is a new Alien movie after so long, but I'm sure plenty are. You may think me strange but I think we could all do with more positivity in these forums. Look on the bright side, we're likely to get new awesome figures regardless of how the movie fares.

Look on the bright side, we're likely to get new awesome figures regardless of how the movie fares.

Likely...

SDCC_2013_Hot_Toys_Saturday-032.jpg

But I'm sure we'll get Alien: Covenant figures from NECA at least... when Blomkamps Aliens sequel comes out in about four or five years.

I think the trailer looks fine, just like a combo of Prometheus and ALIEN stuff. I didn't mind the callbacks to previous films too much. The sneaking up and killing with the tail between the victim's legs is a cool thing too see, so I don't mind if it's done here again. It might not even be in the film, there are tons of trailers that have scenes that never appear in the final movie, or are significantly changed,

I'm sure we will see new stuff, but certain iconic things like the tail attack, or the egg and facehugger scene are iconic imagery and things that people remember in the "Alien" franchise, so I can see why they would include some scenes like that in a teaser trailer. Yes, a totally new and different take would be great without a Ripley character, or stuff that's been done to death, but I think I'll still enjoy this for what it is. Sure if every single scene and the story is a tired rehash of the stuff that has come before then I'll enjoy it less, but I don't mind these elements being included, although I can see why some would mind.

To me scenes like that are just like light saber fights where someone loses a limb in a "Star Wars" movie, or the time travel and "Give me your clothes" scene in a Terminator movie. Maybe the film will go so over the top with the copied and reused stuff that it will become tedious, but I'll wait until I see more than a 2 minute clip where they select scenes that are recognizably "Alien".

I know it was only shown briefly, but is the egg is Covenant different enough you think we will get another egg pack ?

I hope we at least get the back burster, the main female lead, a new David and an adult proto xenomorph.

This I can relate to, and I do agree. I'm hoping to God the rumours about Ripley's mother being in this are not true.

Its the mother aspect I am dreading too and the whole ' need to have every little thing connected ' vibe going on recently with both Alien and Predator franchises in not only the movies but in the comics and books too. Nothing is stand alone anymore. It all has to connect somehow.

Its the mother aspect I am dreading too and the whole ' need to have every little thing connected ' vibe going on recently with both Alien and Predator franchises in not only the movies but in the comics and books too. Nothing is stand alone anymore. It all has to connect somehow.

I blame this on Marvel Cinematic Universe. :rotfl

Did I understood you wrongly or did you just said Alien is a dead franchise?

(...)

And there you are condemning a movie based on a 2 min trailer you seen once.

i'll answer these two major points together:
1) yes i think the alien movie franchise is dead for a long time, A3 was a nail in the coffin. i should clearly insert the word "movie" here.
2) and i think so because there already were several attempts to make movies about them, all were dull but not entirely because their makers sucked, but because the theme itself has nothing more to give if the movies concentrate on what had already been shown. and to this time it's always the same: an alien in a closed space, several aliens in a bigger space and the discovery of aliens. the trailers shows that movie's authors include scenes stolen from originals, this indicates their idea of making a movie about aliens - and here goes Alice's post about this way of using old movies for quotes.

but it's an exact quote from Gynysys... :dunno oh right that wasn't a T-800, big difference, they didn't steal any ideas, Gynysys is a great movie then :lol

Well, if you think that the movie franchise is dead, then nothing anyone do or say will make you happy I guess :dunno

I guess I'm happy that I'm more optimistic (cautiously) so I can still enjoy the excitement of something new from the movie franchise.

I guess I'm happy that I'm more optimistic (cautiously) so I can still enjoy the excitement of something new from the movie franchise.
after two AVPs, Rodrigators and Prophphus you still enjoy the excitement of something new?...
all they made me feel is fear for new ways of rape of creatures of my childhood :slap
i still hope for something from Blomkamp, he's new and fresh, but his deal with ADI killed everything from the beginning. those Winston robbers / Cameron critics spoil everything they touch.

but it's an exact quote from Gynysys... :dunno oh right that wasn't a T-800, big difference, they didn't steal any ideas, Gynysys is a great movie then :lol

Alright, it's wasn't a perfectly thought out example. I didn't remember that about Genesys, but can you blame me? Still, my point stands. They actually did it, and it was stupid if you try to make it fit with T1/T2. They had to make a completely different timeline. Something Covenant doesn't have the luxury of, because, as far as I know, Weyland-Yutani hasn't built a time machine yet.

after two AVPs, Rodrigators and Prophphus you still enjoy the excitement of something new?...
all they made me feel is fear for new ways of rape of creatures of my childhood :slap
i still hope for something from Blomkamp, he's new and fresh, but his deal with ADI killed everything from the beginning. those Winston robbers / Cameron critics spoil everything they touch.

What was the deal with ADI that killed it you think ?

What was the deal with ADI that killed it you think ?

Because their attempts at making predators have all been pretty lackluster, and they admittedly used slightly retooled organic looking Resurrection aliens for everything post A:R even though that design was for a specific reason in A:R and makes no sense outside of that film.

and they admittedly used slightly retooled organic looking Resurrection aliens for everything post A:R even though that design was for a specific reason in A:R and makes no sense outside of that film.
aaand actually that design, starting with A3, is a ripoff of a Pumpkinhead.

A3 had more organic stuff laid over Giger's design, but it wasn't as full-on as the A:R design and it wasn't carelessly recycled like the latter either. They just took a Resurrection head straight out of the mold and painted it black for AVP.

The thing I like most about the A3 design has always been the face, mainly due to the mouth and lips, and that was Giger's idea.

i like the doll variant of A3

I have not found an equal discussion

Tankman please... ALIEN 3!!! :gah:

21jao7t.jpg

28cj0w1.jpg

, and as it was what i was supposed to be, i think i like A3 as it is shown by Neca or by AVP2 game.
the human suit though shows perfectly where the AVP design grows from, but at the same time AVP almost equals Pumpkinhead, and when i read who were two designers of all named creatures, all became clear to me.

latest

b.jpg

1276708_453415911444879_262772450_o.jpg

latest

AlienAvPsuitside.jpg

note the shoulders/arms connection, the chest/belly area and the exaggerated hip bones.

Back