NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to my local TRUs yesterday..they had same old crap in the Neca section..some look like a wreck.

Oh well looks like it will be like this for a while :thud:

Every artist has a certain variation on a 'theme' they run with.It's what usually got them recognition in the first place.Besides your comment is really how all of "Hollywood" works in general. Look at today's films over the last decade,they're for the most part rehashes of their core franchises that keep making these studio's money over and over again.It's all about the money,not the art,that drives studios these days.

It affects every part of the industry.Practical FX studios are constantly having to change designs to appease movie studio executives due to cost,time or what the studios 'believe' will appeal most too the target audiences,which have always primarily been new generations of 'tweens' and teens.

i don't know why you explain why somebody does something with so many words, when the main idea i said was "mixing their pumpkinhead with a stolen alien was a ****** idea, but they still continued doing it for many movies".
like, you know, if somebody shoots you in the head, everybody around you will explain "well, it was a hired killer, they have to earn money, too".

i don't care if bad people have to eat, all i care for is they ran from a studio that created creatures, stole those creatures and abominated them.
and said lots of nasty stuff about original designs, praising their abominations at the same time.

i don't know why you explain why somebody does something with so many words, when the main idea i said was "mixing their pumpkinhead with a stolen alien was a ****** idea, but they still continued doing it for many movies".
like, you know, if somebody shoots you in the head, everybody around you will explain "well, it was a hired killer, they have to earn money, too".

i don't care if bad people have to eat, all i care for is they ran from a studio that created creatures, stole those creatures and abominated them.
and said lots of nasty stuff about original designs, praising their abominations at the same time.

Some of the same artists that worked on Aliens and the Predator movies were involved with ADI on those later films. 20th Century Fox owns all the rights to those designs.Neither Stan Winston, nor any of the artists involved, owned any of the designs.How could ADI "steal" designs that Fox has owned from the beginning?If Fox wanted another FX studio to 'improve' on an ADI design there would be nothing that ADI could do about it.They don't own the rights to it and that holds true for all the Alien franchise designs out there no matter which artists or FX studios were contracted to design or build them.

I wasn't aware that my wording was too in depth for you,I apologize.Your obviously very bitter about ADI's involvement with the Alien franchise,like it's something on a personnel level.

In any case,I don't want to get dragged into that dark hole.

Cheers!

I wasn't aware that my wording was too in depth for you,I apologize.Your obviously very bitter about ADI's involvement with the Alien franchise,like it's something on a personnel level.
yep, exactly. as a consumer of a product, i care about the product itself and not about why they replaced original components with some recycled artificial crap but still call it %productname%.
you're explaining the mechanics because i must have sounded a newbie to all this, as i only spill anger towards ADI, but in fact it's a result of a decade of research (AVP movie started my shock).
as for "fox owning the rights" - pfff. in some countries the king owns the rights of people. for example in my country the king decides what we are allowed to eat, say and believe. as i said, i care about who's capable of what (in terms of designs in this case), not about who has enough power to rule them.

Last edited:
Some of the same artists that worked on Aliens and the Predator movies were involved with ADI on those later films. 20th Century Fox owns all the rights to those designs.Neither Stan Winston, nor any of the artists involved, owned any of the designs.How could ADI "steal" designs that Fox has owned from the beginning?If Fox wanted another FX studio to 'improve' on an ADI design there would be nothing that ADI could do about it.They don't own the rights to it and that holds true for all the Alien franchise designs out there no matter which artists or FX studios were contracted to design or build them.

In any case,I don't want to get dragged into that dark hole.

Cheers!
... you can't talk sense into a guy like that, so full of spite. Best thing is just ignore him and hopefully he'll get bored

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

... you can't talk sense into a guy like that, so full of spite. Best thing is just ignore him and hopefully he'll get bored
talking sense into person B means that a person A wants to talk to person B, to prove something to him, even if that person B doesn't want his opinion. how can person A ignore person B then? your advice to him is illogical.
but your advice works perfectly towards you, because in my case i never want to hear your boring troll comments and will do what you suggested :)

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

Been on my ignore list for a while and the forums are so much more enjoyable.

Ok, back on topic then in a way. Just by going on the teaser trailer alone, what figures do you think NECA are going to do for Covenant ?

I think the most obvious candidates are Daniels, Walter, the Neomorph(s) and the Xenomorph. I don't know enough about the other roles/creatures to speculate beyond that. Now, knowing NECA doesn't do series with more than 3 figures, and that creatures sell better than humans (and androids), I assume series 1 would be 1 human and 2 creatures. Also, getting the most out of molds is important to their bottom line, so I expect there to be maybe multiple versions of some creatures if the line goes beyond 1 or 2 series.

Having said all that, my guess is:
S1 - Daniels, Neomorph, Xenomorph
S2 - Walter, variant of Neomorph or Xenomorph, As-yet Unseen creature
S3 - ?

I remember the flak NECA took when they didn't include Shaw in the first 2 series of Prometheus figs, so I imagine the lead character will get the Series 1 treatment this time around to avoid the same mistake in case the line doesn't take off.

I think the most obvious candidates are Daniels, Walter, the Neomorph(s) and the Xenomorph. I don't know enough about the other roles/creatures to speculate beyond that. Now, knowing NECA doesn't do series with more than 3 figures, and that creatures sell better than humans (and androids), I assume series 1 would be 1 human and 2 creatures. Also, getting the most out of molds is important to their bottom line, so I expect there to be maybe multiple versions of some creatures if the line goes beyond 1 or 2 series.

Having said all that, my guess is:
S1 - Daniels, Neomorph, Xenomorph
S2 - Walter, variant of Neomorph or Xenomorph, As-yet Unseen creature
S3 - ?

I remember the flak NECA took when they didn't include Shaw in the first 2 series of Prometheus figs, so I imagine the lead character will get the Series 1 treatment this time around to avoid the same mistake in case the line doesn't take off.

That is actually a pretty good breakdown and what I think will happen. They will put the lead in there on the outset, plus with the creatures since the Aliens do tend to outsell the humans in the wave. If I had to pick some wildcards we could also get a figure of the Captain we see about to get facehugged and also maybe the character that James Franco is, if only to use a big name in there.

Thanks for the offer :) But I am still trying to see if I really want it at this stage when at the moment money is going to be a bit tight coming up. I will keep that in mind though :wave

For sure! Hit me up anytime. In this hobby anything that helps save a few bucks here and there is totally worth it.

Its gonna cost me 89.95 AU if I want that two pack. I just hope it will be worth it. I do not have Newt or an Aliens Ripley yet, so it is still rather tempting.

Tell me about it, at this point I'm needing a Ripley & I want the Hicks Hudson 2 pack. Then I'm done until any more Marines get made. 85 bucks AU shipped for a two pack is stretching it.

Funny toy :)

face_1.jpg
face_2.jpg

Back