NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goddamn shipping from the US. If this were produced and sold from Hong Kong I could buy this no ****ing problem. USPS $544.24, **** sake.

There's no way that can be correct. NOOOOO WAY!!! I get huge XM Statues sent from Singapore and they only cost $250-$300 Fed Ex. I would bet someone could send it to you for much less.

There's no way that can be correct. NOOOOO WAY!!! I get huge XM Statues sent from Singapore and they only cost $250-$300 Fed Ex. I would bet someone could send it to you for much less.

I prefer buying from BBTS but I'll definitely be looking around for other options on this one. The base price is more than I expected or wanted but I could handle it for how cool this is and how cool the Queen's egg-sack would be....but that shipping plus customs...***k

I don't think those guys on twitter who are asking about an APC realise how big that would. Or if they know then they at least hadn't yet seen the price of the Space Jockey.

I prefer buying from BBTS but I'll definitely be looking around for other options on this one. The base price is more than I expected or wanted but I could handle it for how cool this is and how cool the Queen's egg-sack would be....but that shipping plus customs...***k

The shipping weight listed on BBTS for the Jockey is 91 lbs. That sounds high to me. BBTS may be overestimating the weight for the PO to be on the safe side.

$320.00 + $88.00 for shipping, with an estimated December arrival, and it does appear to be bigger than the Sideshow maquette. So I guess now we know how NECA plans to deliver the Queen's egg sack - surely it will be another foam-rubber piece. Should we be concerned though about the longevity of the material? I wonder if there's a safe method of casting a mold of this Space Jockey without damaging it. I'd much prefer it to be plastic, even if it did add $100 or more to the price tag.

...it's actually smaller than the Sideshow statue. That one is 21" tall while this one is 18"

The shipping weight listed on BBTS for the Jockey is 91 lbs. That sounds high to me. BBTS may be overestimating the weight for the PO to be on the safe side.

I was thinking the same thing. I just went to FedEx and did a rudimentary ship estimate to Ireland. I used an estimated weight of 20 pounds and selected extra large box. Estimate was less than $250. Sounds more realistic.

...I was, but with shipping and customs this will easily double up for me, so sadly, it's a huge no

EDIT. it also says $544.24 shipping. No ****ing way man :(

...I think it's safe to say I can wave goodbye to the Queen egg sack already...

Painful, very painful.

I was thinking the same thing. I just went to FedEx and did a rudimentary ship estimate to Ireland. I used an estimated weight of 20 pounds and selected extra large box. Estimate was less than $250. Sounds more realistic.

That gives some hope, thanks rjszar. Obviously I'd expect to pay a good bit more for shipping than someone in the US but ideally one at least wants it to be less than the cost of the item itself.

Everyone can count on the Space Jockey not lasting. I know foam rubber and latex, it will NOT last. Sooner or later it will break down. A copy could be made of it, but the amount of material needed to do so would make the copy even more expensive. Plus you'd probably be looking at a C&D if NECA caught wind of it.

I was hoping this Space Jockey would show up before the sideshow piece sold out because I have some issues with the sideshow statue that kept me on the fence. The Neca isn’t the easy alternative I thought it would be though :gah:

I have space set aside for just Neca “ALIEN” figures but both pieces are too large to go there. The Neca one is an incredible diorama piece but I’m not sure how it will hold up on its own? The materials are a big question mark as their foam pieces rarely look worth the money, lifeless paint apps, soft details etc. but this one looks to be worth the asking price.

The sideshow one does look great on its own but the chair proportions are off and the Neca one is just more accurate. I do know what I’m getting with sideshow, I have stuff on display now that has been sat for years that looks the same as it did they day I opened it. It’s more expensive but with the Neca unknowns it almost feels like the safer bet.

You can’t normally compare these two and I wouldn’t but their kinda the same thing this time. One being expensive high end with the other being “Affordable” and accurate but it will look cheaper than the other on display.

I’ll scratch my head until one or the other have sold out :lol

On a more positive note I’m very happy they have a release set for Lambert. The Nostromo suits have been my “Lost Tribe” for the Aliens line. Hoping for some eggs from Alien but anything released after will be a cool bonus for me.

The Fossilized Space Jockey is made of hand-painted foam
650toldyou.jpg

Foam. :lol

No thanks.

I like the one guys reply on twitter..

"@NECA_TOYS a foam and latex space jockey? Cmon guys give us a plastic one! We collect action figures not swimming aides!"

And ***k again! If the egg sack were to cost the same I don't know how I could justify paying for that either.

If they are going to do the egg sack as a stand alone piece I hope they add something too it, like supporting columns that have hosts webbed to them or some newly styled eggs we have not seen before, or heck even have the egg sack ' squishy ' so it feels fleshy to the touch as if you can feel the eggs incubating in there.

If we are going to pay a high price or if they expect us to pay a high price, the company must make it worth our while as much as theirs.

Back