NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I finally gave in and snagged a couple of these. Didn't want to open the gates, but I had to get the Lucky Star Ripley and Dog Alien. Grabbed Ripley yesterday, and aside from the paint on the face, I'm more than happy with her. Got the Dog today, and while I'm happy with him, he has tons of QC probs. Neck joint is super loose, the mouth is so tight I'm scared I'm gonna break it if I try to force it open, the inner jaw is loose, ab crunch could be tighter, the thigh balls are kinda loose, the left thigh ball isn't pushed all the way in or something, and both of the lower joints on the left leg are warped from the twist ties. The top teeth are kinda screwy on mine as well.

13844266_1148143858541826_1757898522_o_zpskdbuleow.jpg

To those of you looking for parts to build an Aliens diorama, you could always take one from NECA's page and use what they do: https://www.petsmart.com/fish/filters/top-fin-undergravel-filter-zid36-16958/cat-36-catid-300088 (See the SDCC Kenner display for the results. Isn't the internet amazing? :lol)

I stopped and my local Petsmart and bought a box just to see, and yup - it certainly looks like the 'real deal' to me. Those crazy NECA diorama builders... (Actually, I think it's just one guy, whose name now escapes me. If he ever reads this: You're awesome. [And resourceful!]) :bow

That guy actualy used my idea but never credited where he got it from.
The 1st one l used was Aqua-Tech Undergravel filters back in 2005.
That's where it started.

That guy actualy used my idea but never credited where he got it from.
The 1st one l used was Aqua-Tech Undergravel filters back in 2005.
That's where it started.

He's just doing his job. Not trying to steal credit from anyone... :confused:

I'll just say that had l trademarked my aliens diorama, NECA would be facing a lawsuit now.
Anyway, back to collecting.

Anybody know of cheap risers to use in a detolf cabinet? I'm looking for something 4 - 5" high for my expanding NECA collection since my space is running out.

I'll just say that had l trademarked my aliens diorama, NECA would be facing a lawsuit now.
Anyway, back to collecting.
given the number of custom figures/ displays/ vehicles,etc... made, bought, sold. Alot of people would be in trouble ( boat, paddle,bodily excrement)

****ing caved and ordered one on ebay. Just can't deal with the uncertainty.

If Plan B materialises and an international like me can avail of it I will because ideally I'd like at least one more.

Tweet: Has "the plan" definitely fallen through?
NECA: No. Still working on all the clearances involved to execute said plan

My guess is maybe they have to clear certain things with SDCC in order to still use the Newt figure itself but perhaps with one of the accessories dropped from the pack so the SDCC version is still special. My guess is either the helmet or doll head being one or both being dropped for the retail version.

It might not even go to retail and instead being an online toy store exclusive for a shop like big bad or dorkside. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens when it comes to Newt.

I was pretty okay with the reveal of the Mantis, Gorilla and Queen Facehugger, but was it just me or did it feel like something was missing from the NECA reveals this year at SDCC ? Maybe I just hyped myself up too much but I was expecting some draw dropping reveals than what we got tbh.

Back