NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
attachment.php
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=235537 https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=450293&d=1426180324 I wonder if this is the same person

attachment.php

I messaged the builder a couple of times. The original parts were laser cut then molded and cold cast.

He stated that he wasn't able to complete it,"to much going on ". The last couple of times I tried to messaged him was to ask if he would sell 1 of each part and ship to the U.S., never got a reply. Damn I would have been ecstatic if he had said yes!!!

I tried to order the dog alien from Toy R Us this afternoon, but I'm not finding it on their website. Actually, I can't locate most of the NECA products they were selling just last week. The search function only list a handful of old bobble heads, a couple Predator and video game figures and a Gizmo plush. Is this the same for anyone else? Even when I googled "brown dog alien toysrus" and clicked on the direct link to the product page, it comes up "No products found". Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch.

I tried to order the dog alien from Toy R Us this afternoon, but I'm not finding it on their website. Actually, I can't locate most of the NECA products they were selling just last week. The search function only list a handful of old bobble heads, a couple Predator and video game figures and a Gizmo plush. Is this the same for anyone else? Even when I googled "brown dog alien toysrus" and clicked on the direct link to the product page, it comes up "No products found". Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch.

I noticed that this morning, there's very little NECA products on their site right now. Not sure what's going on! Someone asked Randy @ NECA about it and he didn't know either.

30% off works for me, closest is 70 miles away, and as of now they have alot of neca in stock. 6 hicks w/ xeno and 2 hudson w/ xeno 2 packs and 3 windrix . I stop asking what else was in stock, once they said they would no longer hold for 24 hours. I was going to bbq tonight , can you say drive through and road trip !!!

:lol Nicely chosen GIF (which initially I thought was a plain old screengrab, my laptop was slow loading it)

As was being talked about earlier - if she sees release later on but minus one of the accessories - I wouldn't really care if we lost the photograph or the other thing...the thing that also came with Bishop. But the helmet and the doll head are too important

:lol Nicely chosen GIF (which initially I thought was a plain old screengrab, my laptop was slow loading it)

As was being talked about earlier - if she sees release later on but minus one of the accessories - I wouldn't really care if we lost the photograph or the other thing...the thing that also came with Bishop. But the helmet and the doll head are too important

There's a small video interview with Randy by Bloody Disgusting that dropped earlier. It's more horror related questions obviously but Randy does mention SDCC Newt around the 4:00 minute mark. Basically, they could never sell her at retail as the masses aren't going to buy a figure of a little girl.

So if not sold at retail on her own then I'm wondering exactly how we're going to get her. Do you think they would bundle her with the upcoming Aliens 30th anniversary Blu-ray or something? I just don't know...

So I almost purchased a Newt off ebay today (88 euros with shipping and paypal fees, ~92USD!). For about 50 euros more I can get the autographed Newt (Carrie Henn). Aaargh. I need this figure.

There's a small video interview with Randy by Bloody Disgusting that dropped earlier. It's more horror related questions obviously but Randy does mention SDCC Newt around the 4:00 minute mark. Basically, they could never sell her at retail as the masses aren't going to buy a figure of a little girl.

So if not sold at retail on her own then I'm wondering exactly how we're going to get her. Do you think they would bundle her with the upcoming Aliens 30th anniversary Blu-ray or something? I just don't know...

Nor do I. And if it's a Blu-Ray tie-in I don't even know if that will be something an international buyer can get, except maybe again through scalpers on ebay in which case I'll have been better off ordering one of the Newts that are up on ebay right now.

So I almost purchased a Newt off ebay today (88 euros with shipping and paypal fees, ~92USD!). For about 50 euros more I can get the autographed Newt (Carrie Henn). Aaargh. I need this figure.

I briefly considered that, then I remembered - wait, I want to open this thing.

Yeah, that's what I thought too regarding the autographed fig. Anyway, I caved in and ordered the (non autographed) figure. I'm betting the day after SDCC ends, Randy will announce a Ripley - Newt two pack with extra accessories or something.

...you cannot"fix" my opinion :D .
Clearly, you haven't been on the Internet for very long. ;)

and are you really saying a kid's company toys are better than the Dog Alien and the AVP warriors everyone seems to be loving these days...
Absolutely, and don't be such a snob. Artistic genius can find expression in ABS and PVC as easily as in foam rubber and latex. :)

...all together now. Alien Series 10 coming this November: Gorilla Alien, Queen Facehugger and Mantis Alien

View attachment 279825
I need multiples of all of these.

One of their weirder dioramas. Is the diorama itself a kenner era tribute of some sort? And whats with the blue raspberry, strawberry and toffee flavoured Aliens?
"Blue raspberry" is definitely one of the more inexplicable artificial fruit flavours...

Gotta say though these Kenner Aliens have lived up to Randy's hype about them. Those are pretty good.
Indeed. :D

I'd be interested to know if there's anyone that's buying these Kenner figures who didn't have the originals themselves, when they first came out?

-If yes then what's your appeal?

-I'd thought a large part being played here is nostalgia, without that... well let's not go there...
A big part of the appeal is that they're just beautiful designs (well, insofar as killer aliens can be beautiful, but you know what I mean) that take the whole idea of the xenomorphs taking on the characteristics of their hosts and really embrace the concept in a really enthusiastic, imaginative way.

We might have horrendous gun violence and putrid politics here in the states but at least I can buy collectibles with the least amount of overhead costs.

So worth it to live here. :lol

Back