NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks great in that video. Paint looks good.

My guess is maybe they have to clear certain things with SDCC in order to still use the Newt figure itself but perhaps with one of the accessories dropped from the pack so the SDCC version is still special. My guess is either the helmet or doll head being one or both being dropped for the retail version..

Another reason I caved.

I'll just say that had l trademarked my aliens diorama, NECA would be facing a lawsuit now.
Anyway, back to collecting.
... really? Trademark something based on a Hollywood studio property? First they'll sue every diorama builder out there except those holding the Alien license *cough* NECA *cough*

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

... I'm curious to know if anyone anyone here has got Newt for less than $60? I'm crossing fingers that the seller will ship mine this week or i would have to end up paying more shipping :O

... I'm curious to know if anyone anyone here has got Newt for less than $60? I'm crossing fingers that the seller will ship mine this week or i would have to end up paying more shipping :O

Getting her for just short of $100 (including shipping) seemed like the best I was going to do looking at all the current ebay listings.

Yes, I got mine for $59.88 shipped - lol. I bought one as soon as they started listing on E Bay thinking they would only go up.

... really? Trademark something based on a Hollywood studio property? First they'll sue every diorama builder out there except those holding the Alien license *cough* NECA *cough*

I knew this would come up.
I call it my "Aliens" dio because that is what I used mine for.

What I am referring to is the use of materials, style and layout.
Someone even congratulated me thinking it was I who had landed the job at Neca due to its similarities.

Mine: 2005
02d87ba3.jpg

f6eea3ce.jpg

NECA: 2013
toyfair2013-neca-aliens.jpg

Anyway, I know what I know and there are some on this very forum who can back me up.
I'm putting the facts out there that some ideas aren't 100% their diorama maker's. :lecture

My guess is maybe they have to clear certain things with SDCC in order to still use the Newt figure itself but perhaps with one of the accessories dropped from the pack so the SDCC version is still special. My guess is either the helmet or doll head being one or both being dropped for the retail version.
Why them, exactly? The helmet is useful for customizers and features in one of Newt's more memorable scenes in the film, and she carries Casey's severed head damn near anywhere. By contrast, the plaque only shows up in one shot and the lightbar is easily sourced from Bishop, who is or was very easy to find.

I was pretty okay with the reveal of the Mantis, Gorilla and Queen Facehugger, but was it just me or did it feel like something was missing from the NECA reveals this year at SDCC ? Maybe I just hyped myself up too much but I was expecting some draw dropping reveals than what we got tbh.
The Kenner xenos are amazing, but the lack of any hint of a Drake figure in the pipe is pretty dispiriting.

Man you guys are nuts. :lol

Yeah. Although I compensate by pretty much no longer collecting Hot Toys.

Why them, exactly? The helmet is useful for customizers and features in one of Newt's more memorable scenes in the film, and she carries Casey's severed head damn near anywhere. By contrast, the plaque only shows up in one shot and the lightbar is easily sourced from Bishop, who is or was very easy to find.

That's exactly why one or both of those might be dropped, to retain the appeal of that particular SDCC set. That's assuming anything gets dropped...or that she sees another release at all.

That's exactly why one or both of those might be dropped, to retain the appeal of that particular SDCC set.
That would be like releasing the Michael Keaton Batman figure without his batarang and grapple gun but with that odd zip-line launcher he uses once in the art museum instead.

That would be like releasing the Michael Keaton Batman figure without his batarang and grapple gun but with that odd zip-line launcher he uses once in the art museum instead.

The doll head maybe - but not the Hicks Helmet. That's Hicks' helmet, she only borrowed it briefly :lol

I'm getting mine for 70 w/shipping. Should hope to get it by mid week. I was bidding on another that went as high as 85 bucks once you factor in shipping. 75 was my cutoff price but I can only get one at this pricing. If they do release her in a non-exclusive format then I'll get another Aliens Ripley and open them both.

Keaton only used the batarang briefly. :)

But it's still intrinsically Batman's. The helmet belongs to Hicks and thus it can be seen as more like a ''bonus'' accessory with Newt.

In any case, I'm not saying it ever should be omitted from a Newt release. Hopefully they wouldn't choose to do so.

They can’t drop Casey's head. Not only has it shown up in books, comics and games but it survived longer than most of the marines.

Seriously though I hope they don’t. The scene were Newt is grabbed by the alien leaving the head to sink into the water is one of my favourites.

Carrie Henn did tweet me saying "Santa will come!!" Now we weren’t talking about her figure but I’m just going to take that as a sign… :lol I’ll cave I know I will.

They can’t drop Casey's head. Not only has it shown up in books, comics and games but it survived longer than most of the marines.

Seriously though I hope they don’t. The scene were Newt is grabbed by the alien leaving the head to sink into the water is one of my favourites.

Carrie Henn did tweet me saying "Santa will come!!" Now we weren’t talking about her figure but I’m just going to take that as a sign… :lol I’ll cave I know I will.

I agree. Forego the helmet but to not include Casey's doll head with Newt in any figure iteration I think totally ruins the entire ambiance of the figure. I purposely chose a photo for her to autograph which you see her clutching the doll head (just before she gets dragged under water)

And the helmet is the reason why I’m so tempted to cave. I would want the "Affirmative" option too.

agree with others... the doll head is the main accessory, ( can do with out picture,light, helmet ) as long as the figure is released.

As far as display options for Newt the helmet is something I definitely wanted and that's why I ordered on ebay last night - ''only way to be sure''

Back