NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today someone asked if Newt would go on sale online after SDCC and Randy said ''not likely''. So does that rule out the so called plan B? What other form will it take? Were international collectors always gonna be ***t out of luck?
I need to know sooner rather than later if I have to take it in the ass from an ebay seller. I can't help but think she's only gonna get more expensive as time goes on.

I saw that, I tweeted Randy to ask if that meant plan B for newt wasn't going to happen but haven't seen a response. Not sure if he was only saying that about any possible leftover Newt's from SDCC or Newt wasn't going to happen at all.

...what Randy meant was that this current release wouldn't be sold outside the con, because of its status as an exclusive. That doesn't mean there no plan B. People just needs to patient (I know I know I wasn't) and wait for the 2-pack or whatever they're cooking next.

And really, how hard is to understand that NECA needs to sell to a lot more people than hardcore fans like us to make a profit? Most people would look at a figure of a little girl next to an Alien and just pick the Alien just it looks cooler.

And regrettably Randy also said that IF John Connor sees the light of day it would have to be another con exclusive to be viable.

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

...what Randy meant was that this current release wouldn't be sold outside the con, because of its status as an exclusive. That doesn't mean there no plan B. People just needs to patient (I know I know I wasn't) and wait for the 2-pack or whatever they're cooking next.

And really, how hard is to understand that NECA needs to sell to a lot more people than hardcore fans like us to make a profit? Most people would look at a figure of a little girl next to an Alien and just pick the Alien just it looks cooler.

And regrettably Randy also said that IF John Connor sees the light of day it would have to be another con exclusive to be viable.

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

See that's not the thing. It's not about patience or lack thereof. I'm plenty patient. You're talking to a guy for whom news of a product delay is music to his ears :lol The issue here is uncertainty about whether she will be available ever again in any capacity. If I know for a fact that she will be then I'll happily wait quietly. But we have not been given any definitive information - one second it's ''we're working on it'' and the next it's ''unlikely''. What am I supposed to read into seemingly conflicting answers on the subject? I am therefore forced to wonder if these ebay guys are my only option and if they are then it would be best to order sooner rather than later because prices will probably go up as the ebay stock dries up.

Further to this - I'm confused - if there even can be a Plan B that makes her available to non-SDCC attendees and internationals - be it a 2-pack or whatever - why couldn't that have been the strategy in the first place? And yet it wasn't. So that's another reason I'm sceptical and why my ebay watchlist is loaded up with scalper listings

Last edited:
I think a-dev and DeFabio summed up everyones concerns about Newt and it's more than being patient. Well said guys!

Thanks Staps

Man, Difabio, I was like this

at every step you just went through :lol

At the same time neither of us want to seem unappreciative of NECA's twitter communication with fans. We'll take that over Hot Toys' total silence any day of the week.

Yeah, I added that.

I'll take blatant lies from Randy at first, but product later than absolutely nothing from Hot Toys. What they've done to collectors with that 66' Batmobile, among other things, is an absolute travesty. Now Howard and Co. don't even have QnAs since they've gotten so big. :lol

I love NECA, it's just some of the choices are a little annoying. This Kenner Alien and Predator stuff is kind of nuts too. If that means raking in more money for releases like more Marines, John Connor, more Burton Batman stuff, Robocop and one or two Kenner themed Arnold Terminator and Batman releases of their own, I'm all for it.

Ah, saw your edit. You're another one along with me, P. and Khev where you have to refresh a few times before you see the final draft.

As for the Kenner stuff, I've mellowed on the idea of it all. Those figures will help the longevity of the overall line and enable NECA to continue making movie-based figures. Of course I'd like if they'd just plow through the movies, giving me all the human characters I want, but that'd kill the line prematurely since the humans evidently don't sell as well as the creatures. They'd sit on shelves and retailers would call it quits forcing NECA to do the same. As long as there are creatures to make we continue to have a chance at seeing human characters. So it's a good thing.

....awww ***t. That sounds alarmingly like Motuxmen's pro-Iron Man argument. :lol

Alien Warrior is also pretty half-assed :lol

You have a point of course. Remember when we got MMS117, Sarah Connor, T-1000, T-1000 as Sarah Connor and Tech Noir T-800 all in a pretty short span of time. Nowadays they'd be spread out over a course of 5 or more years.

Good News!!

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS · 2m2 minutes ago

NECA Retweeted

Very much so

NECA added,

@NECA_TOYS

Hey Randy, are you still working on a plan B to sell Newt after the con? Really want that figure. Thanks.

Newt will probably be available for all to purchase. Maybe missing an accessory but he has to know by now if it will. They don't want to hurt Comic Con sales by announcing the good news. He's just trying to play the hero role, like always.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Good News!!

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS · 2m2 minutes ago

NECA Retweeted

Very much so

NECA added,

@NECA_TOYS

Hey Randy, are you still working on a plan B to sell Newt after the con? Really want that figure. Thanks.

That's great news and for Randy to say "very much so" means a lot.

Screw plan B a-dev, just hit the buy button on Ebay!

Never wait for stuff, we're all just a second away from death.

Buy buy buy!

Even if just one to quench the immediate need, then wait for the other 8 that you will need of her. :lol

Last edited:
It's definitely an uncertainty, but yeah, I'm sure they'll probably rerelease Newt later down the line, negating the exclusivity. I just hate the games that go along with it.

Best example is the "exclusive" Batman.

They do a 1/4 movie Batman, people ask if they have any plans to do a 7" version, they say no, they can't, it's impossible. Okay, that's fine. Then a 7" version comes out in video game colors, it piques interest since they said "we can't", so people ask if there will be a proper movie one out. They say no, they can't, the purple deco is for a loophole, only way. Okay, people accept that and start buying the hell out of the video game one and repainting it for custom purposes (something Randy actually encouraged :lol). Then a mere month later (a month)!, a proper one does come out but it's an exclusive and insanely limited. People ask if it will be available elsewhere since it sells out and it's extremely popular. They say no, they can't, it's only available online and can only be sold with blu rays because of a loophole. Then a few days later, they show up at Toy R Us out of nowhere in limited quantities. You see overseas collectors want it and they're told "we're trying to get them out there, but we can't". Then, randomly, 2 years later, they start showing up at Toys R Us again practically flooding shelves without any blu ray crap, completely negating both "loop holes" and overseas collectors still miss out when that batch could have been for them.

Muhammad Ali is another one. The day Ali dies people on Twitter ask Randy if they have any plans on doing a 7" Ali in the same vein as their Rocky line. They say no, not happening, they did an 18" one years ago and if people want that, they should buy it. Okay, that's fine. Then a month later, here comes a 7" Muhammad Ali but in zany, garish comic colors. A month later from when they said no! Now people are asking if a regular 7" Ali is possible and they now say "maybe". Huh? I thought it was no.

I appreciate surprises and NECA is the king of them, but sometimes this stuff is a little ridiculous. NECA and Randy have the best communication I've ever seen from a toy company, but sometimes mum should the word, just don't answer those questions if you're not willing to yet. Don't lie because it makes everything come off as a contradiction. "We can't do ot, we're not allowed to do this", "okay, will there be another chance at it?", "we tried, but no, not happening" then BAM, there it is anyway. All this stuff requires delicate planning for production and releases, so when they're saying "maybe, unlikely, no" at that time, they're clearly working on getting something or more of something out there, so it basically comes off as a lie in retrospect.

Hard to find figures don't really matter anyway, exclusive or not. Now they have this thing where they throw previous, older releases back into production. That rare ass 7" T1 Endo that was going for $$$ ended up getting a repackaged rerelease. Spring holster Robocop got rereleased. All the old Rocky figures got repackaged and rereleased. The rare 7" '89 Batman got rereleased after being sold out for 2 years despite the loop hole deal. The 1/4 1989 Batman from 3 years ago was going for major bucks, now out of no where, it's back into production. I still don't understand the logistics of some of that. Like, can they just "fire up the kiln" so to speak and pump out old stuff?

One day this Newt will be circulated again as a non-exclusive I'm sure. It would just be nice to get a confirmation to save people from paying ridiculous prices for it on the secondary market out of uncertainty. I don't see how that could hurt. And I still don't see how they were able to get last years SDCC convention exclusives (Kenner Endo, Planet of the Apes 3 pack, and the Pacific Rim set) to Toys R Us stores DURING the actual convention, but with a simple figure like Newt, it's only at the show. It's frustrating. It's like what Hasbro would do with their stuff at shows and putting them up on their website.

...the uncertainty played a big role on my decision to go eBay on Newt. To read "I have a plan" but no clearidea of what the plan is vs the chance to miss out on a figure I really want so I totally get what you mean

Can anyone tell me who is this supposed to be?

SDCC-2016-NECA-Aliens-Friday-032.jpg

LOL. It looks like AVPR design, but what's with the color? Someone on Facebook suggested it's from TMNT cartoons. Has Randy mentioned anything like this?

Certainly conceivable.

The 'pizza monsters'
The_Case_of_the_Killer_Pizzas_20.jpg

They also appeared in the video game I guess. Maybe that is why they did it since they had a lot of the tmnt game stuff as exclusives
gfs_62686_2_21.jpg

Back