NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of their weirder dioramas. Is the diorama itself a kenner era tribute of some sort? And whats with the blue raspberry, strawberry and toffee flavoured Aliens?

Gotta say though these Kenner Aliens have lived up to Randy's hype about them. Those are pretty good.

One of their weirder dioramas. Is the diorama itself a kenner era tribute of some sort? And whats with the blue raspberry, strawberry and toffee flavoured Aliens?

Gotta say though these Kenner Aliens have lived up to Randy's hype about them. Those are pretty good.
The diorama is based on kenner packaging
7edbd36ae85a02cf014e983851d4beb4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

The blue warrior was a Kenner figure released in 1996.

eae437f7701ab043fe50158bf8153b3c.jpg

Not sure about the others but the orange one looks like an AVP warrior. And the red one could just be the genocide version.

I'd be interested to know if there's anyone that's buying these Kenner figures who didn't have the originals themselves, when they first came out?

-If yes then what's your appeal?

-I'd thought a large part being played here is nostalgia, without that... well let's not go there...

Anyone that had the original Kenner figures and are not interested in buying Neca's version?

-if so why?

-nowadays there's a wide range of Aliens merch, so no longer interested in this stuff?

As a collector and completionist myself I really wanted to like these Kenner figures from NECA, but as I didn't have the original's I have no nostalgia for them and these figures just don't seem like they fit in an alien's collection. I'd just rather not have to explain every time someone sees the collection why I have a bunch of Xeno mutated zoo animals sitting on my shelf.

Now granted as someone else said these look way better than they have any right to, so I can sort of understand why someone who didn't even have the originals would want this for a little variation. but ultimately in my opinion these just look ...off?

These will be the first figures I won't have loose / on display but I'll get a set to keep sealed - that's probably just the completionist in me talking

I'd be interested to know if there's anyone that's buying these Kenner figures who didn't have the originals themselves, when they first came out?

-If yes then what is the appeal?

-I'd thought a large part being played here is nostalgia, without that... well let's not go there...

Anyone that had the original Kenner figures and are not interested in buying Neca's version?

-if so why?

-nowadays there's a wide range of Aliens merch, so no longer interested in this stuff?

As a collector and completionist myself I really wanted to like these Kenner figures from NECA, but as I didn't have the original's so I have no nostalgia for them and these figures just don't seem like they fit in an alien's collection. I'd just rather not have to explain every time someone sees the collection why I have a bunch of Xeno mutated zoo animals sitting on my shelf.

Now granted as someone else said these look way better than they have any right to, so I can sort of understand why someone who didn't even have the originals would want this for a little variation. but ultimately in my opinion these just look ...off?

These will be the first figures I won't have loose / on display but I'll get a set to keep sealed - that's probably just the completionist in me talking

I didn't have the originals, but I will for sure be picking up the gorilla alien; the reason is that, for me, it is the only logical non-canon xeno species that makes sense in the alien universe. The way I justify it is: say WY gets a hold of the xenomorph species, after humans, what would be a logical choice to build, in their minds, a stronger, more powerful version of the xenomorph? Another large primate, like a gorilla. I think that one has a good sculpt/design, and will fit in with the rest of the NECA xenos both in theory and in actuality

Not sure about the others but the orange one looks like an AVP warrior. And the red one could just be the genocide version.

I think the Red Warrior might be based off of the "Hive Wars" Acid Alien, although it was more brown than red. Or they might have just wanted to make the Blue Xeno and decided to make a Warrior one too and just did it red. It doesn't look like it has the black wash the genocide Warrior had, this one looks like varying shades of light and dark reds, you can especially tell on the top of the head and chest.

I wonder If that's going to be a two-pack...

-if so why?

As a collector and completionist myself I really wanted to like these Kenner figures from NECA, but as I didn't have the original's I have no nostalgia for them and these figures just don't seem like they fit in an alien's collection. I'd just rather not have to explain every time someone sees the collection why I have a bunch of Xeno mutated zoo animals sitting on my shelf.

Never had the originals, but these look way too cool to pass up!

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

-if so why?

I was actively collecting when these things originally came out in the 90's. I didn't gravitate towards them since they seemed a cheap tie-in to me. Xeno-mutilated zoo animals indeed! :D

-if so why?

I collected the originals although I no longer have most of them.

If I were to buy these it'd be all about the nostalgia - but I've been skipping all the Predator ones. So the danger is if I collect these I would then feel compelled to track down all the past Kenner tribute Predators aswell - a whole bunch of unplanned expense (I've already succumbed to the NECA 1:4 Batman Returns figures and even just ordered Donatello from the 1990 Turtles movie - damned nostalgia very much played a role in these decisions)

If I don't buy these it'll be because I restored self discipline and remembered that even as a child what I really wanted was proper movie-based figures - which NECA have been providing me with.

I didn't have the originals, but I will for sure be picking up the gorilla alien; the reason is that, for me, it is the only logical non-canon xeno species that makes sense in the alien universe. The way I justify it is: say WY gets a hold of the xenomorph species, after humans, what would be a logical choice to build, in their minds, a stronger, more powerful version of the xenomorph? Another large primate, like a gorilla. I think that one has a good sculpt/design, and will fit in with the rest of the NECA xenos both in theory and in actuality

I have the same thoughts about that one.

I think the Red Warrior might be based off of the "Hive Wars" Acid Alien, although it was more brown than red. Or they might have just wanted to make the Blue Xeno and decided to make a Warrior one too and just did it red. It doesn't look like it has the black wash the genocide Warrior had, this one looks like varying shades of light and dark reds, you can especially tell on the top of the head and chest.

I wonder If that's going to be a two-pack...

Those are a waste of plastic IMO but it's OK, I won't buy them.

Why no toe articulation for Vasquez. Frost has it, he's using Windrex's body. What reason could there be for no toe articulation? Vasquez is the first marine without this. First noted this on the prototype.

Why no toe articulation for Vasquez. Frost has it, he's using Windrex's body. What reason could there be for no toe articulation? Vasquez is the first marine without this. First noted this on the prototype.

It could be because her feet are a little smaller and with the smartgun and harness they had to make her feet solid so she could support the weight and keep her from falling over?

It could be because her feet are a little smaller and with the smartgun and harness they had to make her feet solid so she could support the weight and keep her from falling over?

Yep reckon the same. The whole thing is sturdier / less likely to topple over if the feet are solid.

Okay, I buy that, that makes sense. The Nostromo crew would also need more support. The Ripley figures, Bishop and Amanda had no toe articulation also, though.

Back