NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 1/4 scale Big Chap arrived yesterday! Despite a few QC issues, the fact that I got the lipped version, and that my hands are sore today from forcing the vents onto its back, I really, really like the figure! Like many others have said, you really can't appreciate how massive the thing is without seeing it in person!

However, a couple of questions for you all:

1. How in the world do I get the inner mouth to come out? Am I missing something obvious or do I just pull on it from inside the outer mouth?
2. Are you using a stand to prop this guy up? I have him in a pose that feels pretty sturdy and I prefer how it looks without a stand, but I'm still kind of nervous of a figure this expensive taking a shelf dive.

You just have to open his mouth wide and grab the inner mouth with your finger nail if you can. Depends how fat your hand is though, not easy for big handed people like me. :lol

You are nuts for posing it without a stand, it's not if, but when his nose dive will happen.

Do yourself a favor and get that 18" doll stand from Amazon for $8.00!

So for the 1/4 scale Alien figure which version was produced in greater numbers - the snarling one or the one with the big lips?

Sean

Neca really knocked the 1:4 out of the park. I hope they make a 7 inch version with the lips now. The only problem I have with the alien figures is the damn spine part always falls out and gets lost within the boxes of stuff I own. I recently picked up the alien eggs and love them! I'm hoping Neca next makes the Alien Resurrection xenos.

got mine today it's amazing (snarling teeth which I sought out)...I'll snap some pics...but for someone on a budget and can't really afford to drop....500-2500 on a statue right now...this scratches the itch and then some...

in a display lit well...this will have staying power and be a real gem in your collection...as others have said...it is BIG!!!!!! The tail too...the sculpt on it is just so killer and detailed...amazingly the dome to me isn't so white and cheap looking as I worried it might be and looks pretty seamless on the piece overall....

so Neca...you are two for two on my end...Pinhead was great and this Alien 1/4 scale Xenomorph is great/

It's here! It's here! The Starbeast is here!

Undoubtedly, one of NECA's finest, if not their finest, figures.

However, my excitement has benn somewhat tempered by the fact that I got the snarling variant...
After having lots of discussions with Kyle about the convenience of the closed lips vs the bared teeth, I've come to find the closed lips so much more menacing and really wanted to get that one.
Oh well, that's life. I guess I'll just have to see if I can find a closed lips variant down here.

At any rate, I'll just echo what everybody else has already said: it's a frigging beauty!
The color palette is a bit too brownish for my taste, but it just looks amazing.

Thanks Kyle and NECA for an amazing figure!

35ivbza.jpg

What a big win for me today.

I returned my closed lip to TrU and ordered a new one, hoping for the exposed teeth snarling version and that is exactly what arrived today!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

What a big win for me today.

I returned my closed lip to TrU and ordered a new one, hoping for the exposed teeth snarling version and that is exactly what arrived today!

Looks amazing and congrats. I'm thinking of getting one myself.

To clarify, you ordered from TRU online?

Other than this gap on his dome he is mint, no crooked teeth or wonky jaw, he is definately a keeper this time, awesome!

The closed lips is fine looking but I prefer snarling lips, teeth exposed with open inner mouth in attack mode for my first 1/4 Alien in my collection.

image.jpeg

I am trying not to buy the 1/4 Alien but it's so tempting....I really want the snarling version and not the lip version though. Wish you could just choose up front.

The Kaiser 3075 stands look good, but sadly the places selling them either don't ship to Australia, or charge $30+ US for shipping. However, for those in Aus I found a similar stand at Spotlight: Shamrock Craft Doll Stand White | Spotlight Australia. Just picked one up (extra large size) and it fits the 1/4 scale xeno perfectly. Only downside is that they are only available in white, but I can live with that and will eventually just repaint it.

Im also in aus, and been looking very hard for stands so my 18 inch figures don't shelf dive. I'm assuming you ordered the largest size. Thanks for posting, scared to display my 1/4 Alien until I could find a decent stand.

Im also in aus, and been looking very hard for stands so my 18 inch figures don't shelf dive. I'm assuming you ordered the largest size. Thanks for posting, scared to display my 1/4 Alien until I could find a decent stand.

Yep, largest size. On the bottom of mine it says "Extra Large 14 x 25cm". The metal waist gripper is quite snug but this is good as it's designed to stretch and results in a stable hold on the figure. Glad I now have given my Xeno pride of place on the shelf and don't have to worry it will fall over. In fact, I think it looks perfectly fine with the white stand also. I bought a 2nd in hopes that NECA releases a 1/4 Alien Warrior next :)

Back