NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a suitable stand for my 1/4 Xeno. Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these: Display Stand 1 4 Scale 18 in Action Figure NECA Sideshow Collectibles Hot Toys | eBay

Want to make sure my Big Chap doesn't end up a Big Pile of Broken Plastic if it falls from my shelf.

I don't have one of these myself, but I've seen it recommended multiple times in this and other threads and will pick one up if I feel like my 1/4 Big Chap needs it:

Amazon.com: Kaiser Doll Stand 3075 - Black Doll Stand for 16" to 26" Fashion Dolls: Toys & Games

Maybe someone who has one of these could give a more personal review of it or another stand?

Well, my replacement Alien 1/4th scale turned up from Forbidden Planet today. Snarling lips version.The good news is that the jaws' not wonky. The bad news is there's a huge glue mark all over the dome running for good few inches from the top down. There's also a gap between the dome and the head on the left hand side. There's several scrathces on the dome itself. The teeth are wonky on the right hand side, not the jaw, just the teeth this time. And most egregious of all is that the tubes connecting to the "eye" bulge on the right hand side of the head are a good half an an inch away, so far in fact you can get the tip of your finger between the gap!

So back he goes again. I'm so fed up right now it's no true :gah:

And for FFS NECA get your QC under control. This is a £100.00 figure not £20.00, I'm sick of this ****!

More reason added to the ''Skip it'' pile, which also includes, ''the customs here just look so much better than the stock anyway''.

More reason added to the ''Skip it'' pile, which also includes, ''the customs here just look so much better than the stock anyway''.

The frustrating thing is that this is the best Alien figure yet created. Serioulsy it's absolutley incredible. Apart from the QC issues that is. I simply can't skip it. :(

Yeah, this is one of the best looking Alien figure.
Great job NECA!!
I'm really happy with all of my NECA 18" figures.
251E2C355689C51A22C2FA

Finally got around to opening my Big Chap up and setting him up. Getting the rear tubes on was a pain in the ass! He looks incredible though, minor QC issues aside:

DSC_1728.jpg

DSC_1726.jpg

Regarding the QC issues: everything looks stellar, apart from the lower jaw. It somehow looks slightly crooked compared to the upper jaw, so when looking at the closed mouth up close you may notice that. I don't mind it too much since it looks great from where I've set it. Check this image:

DSC_1729.jpg

I have to say that compared to other Alien figures, this one's on another level, sculpt-wise. I have the older 1/4 NECA Big Chap and this makes it look like an artist's rendition. The new one IS Bolaji Badejo's suit. Incredible.

Finally got around to opening my Big Chap up and setting him up. Getting the rear tubes on was a pain in the ass!

Regarding the QC issues: everything looks stellar, apart from the lower jaw. It somehow looks slightly crooked compared to the upper jaw, so when looking at the closed mouth up close you may notice that. I don't mind it too much since it looks great from where I've set it. Check this image:

If you heat the tubes with a hairdryer or heat gun first, they slip right on. I also think all the jaws are wonky like that. Just apply some pressure on the lower side and it may move up some like mine did. :)

Has anyone in the US seen this re-issue of the 7 inch '79 Alien at their WalMart? It's supposed to be a WalMart exclusive.

TaeCxSw.jpg

So, what do we know we are getting/maybe getting for next year? From what I have read, this is what I have seen so far

Usually NECA releases 3 waves of 3 figures, so going by that we already know that series 7 is Concept '79, AvP Warrior and Grid Xenos.

As far as basic figures go, So far we have seen a prototype of the Alien3 WY Commando, we have confirmation that Alien3 Ripley will be made, and that we will get a Smartgunner in series 9. If including the Smartgunner that we know is in series 9, if the Ripley and WY Commando are released next year, that leaves 3 slots open. Of course, it is possible we may get a 4-figure wave like wave 5, but I'm thinking the waves will just have 3 figures each.

Also either confirmed or under consideration by NECA are: chestburster has been confirmed for next year (but unknown how it will be released), Queen/super Facehugger sculpt has been seen, and prototype 1/4th Warrior Xeno has been seen. Randy also hinted at a possible Warrior Alien army-building 3-pack set for next year as well. I may have forgotten something though...

So, given this info what figures do want or expect to see? I myself expect a bit more "Aliens"-themed figures, as it is the 30th anniversary, so hopefully more Marines aside from the Smartgunner are possible, and a Ripley in her jacket as well. i suppose the need could be fulfilled by the 3-pack (and by the recently released black warrior) but I would like to see another basic Xeno Warrior re-release, maybe a Brown re-release or some other color. I know Lambert had been rumored and possibly spotted in NECA office photos. As well, i know they said we may see the AvPR Predalien in '17, but they may release the AvPR Warrior next year.

It would be a crime if they don't release a Lambert in her compression suit.

Meh. I wouldn't go quite that far since repainting the Amanda compression suit figure green would achieve the exact same goal. Sure the face is generic, but with the helmet on who would even notice.

I reserve the 'it would be a crime' phrase for desired figures unlike anything we have gotten so far, like Vasquez. I tried to customize one of her...it did NOT go well :rotfl

But back on topic, since Lambert would be an excuse to use those compression suit molds a 5th time, I have no doubt in this world that she is coming.

Back