NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my 1/4 big chap today.

-Snarling version (meh. I truly didn't care which I got, but must admit now that I have the snarling, I kinda wish it was the closed mouth!)
-Typical QC you would expect. Jaw a little wonky. Dome a little crooked with a small gap in the front. Shoulder joints a little loose, hips joints a little tight. All expected at this stage and nothing I can't fix myself, so I won't be returning it or anything.
-F'n HUGE. Hard to get the scale of this thing in pictures. The mass must be held to be appreciated.

Overall, its a nice figure, but not so nice that I need both versions.

I can't wait to see the Aliens Warrior.

Got my 1/4 big chap today.

-Snarling version (meh. I truly didn't care which I got, but must admit now that I have the snarling, I kinda wish it was the closed mouth!)
-Typical QC you would expect. Jaw a little wonky. Dome a little crooked with a small gap in the front. Shoulder joints a little loose, hips joints a little tight. All expected at this stage and nothing I can't fix myself, so I won't be returning it or anything.
-F'n HUGE. Hard to get the scale of this thing in pictures. The mass must be held to be appreciated.

Overall, its a nice figure, but not so nice that I need both versions.

I can't wait to see the Aliens Warrior.
I hope we see the warrior soon ! There is a pic of the basic sculpt. But I want to see a finished version! But the Alien 3 figure will be the one for me.

I contacted a uk seller about the 2 versions and he said there isnt a variant, not to believe what you read, and the 2 versions are a manufacturer discrepancy . As the manufacturer cannot say that, they are using it to their advantage. The retailer can say that and he stated you will 90% get what is shown in the picture.

All i want them to do is quickly check which version they are shipping out :gah:

I contacted a uk seller about the 2 versions and he said there isnt a variant, not to believe what you read, and the 2 versions are a manufacturer discrepancy . As the manufacturer cannot say that, they are using it to their advantage. The retailer can say that and he stated you will 90% get what is shown in the picture.

All i want them to do is quickly check which version they are shipping out :gah:
...who's the seller again? They obviously don't know what they're talking about. It's been confirmed by NECA and the huge amount of pictures there are two versions of the figure out there

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

...who's the seller again? They obviously don't know what they're talking about. It's been confirmed by NECA and the huge amount of pictures there are two versions of the figure out there

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Nikkiuk84 on ebay . Yea he's not doubting the fact there are 2, he's saying its a manufacturing error. Im not quite sure what that means but maybe they were having production problems with one version, I know a few have wonky mouths ..., then maybe they changed it ?

I really dont know. I prefer the closed lip version personally . Just dont like the online lottery as to which alien turns up lol

Yeah Name and Shame so I know who to avoid “90% get what is shown in the picture” is garbage. Going off in-hand pics and what people have reported seeing in store it seems a 50 50 split.

I have only just checked my emails but there was a shipping delay on the Iso wave and the AvP Preds. They should be arriving in the UK next Friday.

If I ever have to use Ebay I go to corinthian-express. I have no idea if they would have checked the variant for you but they have always delivered a good service when buying online was my only option.

Yeah I pre-order stuff from them all the time, just waiting for my Sarah Connor and Ultimate Jason to arrive soon. Really good service and even if there are delays they let you know in advance with rough shipping estimates. 1st class post usually isn't that much either.

Another good seller is filmsandfigureschorley. Got my 1/4 Penguin, Arkham Knight, alien eggs delivered to me plus my Big Chap just before Christmas with no bother. Lately I have parcels delivered to my local Argos store through 'click and collect' which is handy.

Update.

alientoy04.jpg

Excellent work clutch!.

Got my big chap today from an eBay seller who said they had both variants in stock, I asked for the snarling version, but received the closed mouth. Doh! Anyway, I'm keeping him to customise and repaint. I've cut away the lips and have removed his dome (thanks to Clutch for sharing how) I'm planning to rebuild his lips / tendons & pose him like the museum version.

View attachment 234599

Attachments

• 20160105_00411666_resized.jpg
    20160105_00411666_resized.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 219
How different is the alien figure in the new wave (with Ripley's daughter) from the others that have been released? Is this a repaint of the original '79 alien or a new sculpt based on the game?

It's pretty similar, but there are differences. The dome is less milky than the 35th 1979 Anniversary one. Overall, the color is more on the brown-ish side. The legs are completely different to match how they were in the game. The Isolation figure is much taller and the tail is much longer.

1979 35th Anniversary one on the left. The new Isolation one to the right.

qZKhfY9.jpg

The tail is super long:

MZFV6ZJ.jpg

I didn't know this guy had the dog legs when I first saw him! Now that I see he does, it's a must have!

It's pretty similar, but there are differences. The dome is less milky than the 35th 1979 Anniversary one. Overall, the color is more on the brown-ish side. The legs are completely different to match how they were in the game. The Isolation figure is much taller and the tail is much longer.

View attachment 234660

The tail is super long:

View attachment 234661

Thanks for that info.

View attachment 234660

The tail is super long:

View attachment 234661

I also noticed that the teeth are more pronounced than those on the 35th anniversary figure.

Back