NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jacklyn!I'm totally in love with your diorama...could you explain me how did you do it? Lighting is gorgeous...I would like to put my sideshow bust, mi photo signed by the cast and my Alien neca 1/4 in a vitrine but I don't know how to iluminate it or which color would be better for it. I saw some pictures with blue leds that looks great for the bust! I have 69cm x 130 cm to expose these 3 pieces... i would like blue leds for the bust, white light for the photo and just the same ilumination than yours for my alien neca 1/4...of course I won't iluminate all three at the same time:). Do you think it could be fine? Any tips? Blacl colour for the vitrine? Thank you in advance:)

Bit confused - are there actually two different versions of the 1/4 scale Neca Alien up for sale - an open mouth and a closed mouth version ?

If you look through this thread you'll see both...just go back maybe 12 pages or so and check out different pics. It's not subtle...the teeth are very much covered in the "closed" version. And the snarl will be basically the classic look you see on most pieces.

Hi Jacklyn!I'm totally in love with your diorama...could you explain me how did you do it? Lighting is gorgeous...I would like to put my sideshow bust, mi photo signed by the cast and my Alien neca 1/4 in a vitrine but I don't know how to iluminate it or which color would be better for it. I saw some pictures with blue leds that looks great for the bust! I have 69cm x 130 cm to expose these 3 pieces... i would like blue leds for the bust, white light for the photo and just the same ilumination than yours for my alien neca 1/4...of course I won't iluminate all three at the same time:). Do you think it could be fine? Any tips? Blacl colour for the vitrine? Thank you in advance:)
Thanks. Well really it's just scavenging around the house and home depot. I used many different things to make the backdrop. From candy packets to bolts and tubing for wires. There is even a electrical cover box on the left. Of course it's airbrushed and dulled up a bit. To make the strip on top that all the stuff is attached to I used thick poster board and painted it with greys mixed with black copper and olive tones. The barrels are actually tea tins I had in the cabinet. Just gunked them up a bit. The metal grate is my least favorite in the background. I want to get a grate that is horizontal lines. They used forklift plastic grates for the film. The chains are black chains from home depot attached to hooks drilled into the shelf above. Honestly just have fun with it. I am going to be making a new grate at the base. This old one will go to something else. As for the lights I have LED tape lighting with the remote for multiple lights. I find the dull yellow green to be my favorite. And the light underneath the figure is a simple tiny light bulb. I find it important to have 2 tones with figures or it will all kinda look the same. The best part is when you get an idea and go wild. Sometimes it's perfect sometimes not so much. Thanks again.

By far my two favorite neca figures. Some close ups of customs. The power loader grate was such an easy custom. (Metal grate over the cloth) But made a huge difference. If hot toys ever decides to actually make accurate aliens they got some work to do. I hope that does happen one day.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1451853839468.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451853839468.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 200
  • uploadfromtaptalk1451853864761.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451853864761.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 205
  • uploadfromtaptalk1451853907742.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451853907742.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 200
WOW!!!as i told you before jacklyn...YOU ARE AN ARTIST!I wish you come to spain someday to help me doing my own diorama:)))thanks to tou for posting all these pictures and for the details about your works on the neca's alien!!really helpful:)

Hope we get a Bambi burster soon. Would be pretty cool to get a 1/4 bambi burster. But any would work.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1451862826945.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451862826945.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 183
Thanks. Well really it's just scavenging around the house and home depot. I used many different things to make the backdrop. From candy packets to bolts and tubing for wires. There is even a electrical cover box on the left. Of course it's airbrushed and dulled up a bit. To make the strip on top that all the stuff is attached to I used thick poster board and painted it with greys mixed with black copper and olive tones. The barrels are actually tea tins I had in the cabinet. Just gunked them up a bit. The metal grate is my least favorite in the background. I want to get a grate that is horizontal lines. They used forklift plastic grates for the film. The chains are black chains from home depot attached to hooks drilled into the shelf above. Honestly just have fun with it. I am going to be making a new grate at the base. This old one will go to something else. As for the lights I have LED tape lighting with the remote for multiple lights. I find the dull yellow green to be my favorite. And the light underneath the figure is a simple tiny light bulb. I find it important to have 2 tones with figures or it will all kinda look the same. The best part is when you get an idea and go wild. Sometimes it's perfect sometimes not so much. Thanks again.

I suggest Undergravel filters used in Aquariums/fish-tanks.
You can also try Auto Grill Mesh sheets.

So got a new base on there. Just put the Eggs to the side for now. Looked up set pics of bretts death and the flooring was a concrete texture.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1451876510103.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451876510103.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 204
  • uploadfromtaptalk1451876534643.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451876534643.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 204
  • uploadfromtaptalk1451876561207.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451876561207.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 204
Just scored a 1/4 xeno here, got a lippy version. What a spectacular beast!!! Now just to find some kind of stand which would be up to the task of preventing it from falling from a rather high shelf that I want to display it on.

How different is the alien figure in the new wave (with Ripley's daughter) from the others that have been released? Is this a repaint of the original '79 alien or a new sculpt based on the game?

That piece is awesome, but seeing the unpainted form really captures the "so many weeners" aspect of Giger's design.

Back