NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope this was just an isolated incident. I have such high hopes for this set.

It'll be my first NECA Alien or Predator. I had that Movie Maniac two pack by McFarlane years ago, but I sold it cause I was let down with the Predator and the Alien was just a little off. It had an awesome base though...

So for the last year or so I've been debating adding an Alien and a Predator to my collection. I wanted a masked/unmasked Jungle Hunter and a 1979 Alien. Why? Cause those are the two I had in high school when I got the Kenner 2 pack.

So even though the deco on these guys isn't movie accurate, it's the deco I want cause it reminds me of my beloved Kenner figures. And I love that the Predator has both heads. And the Alien has the BLACK dome.

As long as they don't fall apart in my hands, these should be the only Alien/Predator I need to buy. Really looking forward to it!

Anyone else have them in hand yet?

I caved and bought the best-looking pair at our Toys R' Us, but I can tell without even opening it that the Predator's shoulder cannon has been badly mangled when it was inserted into the package. On the plus side, this was the one with the best paint apps. I'm kind of afraid to open it at this point - my quality with NECA has been hit-and mostly miss. I keep trying to give up on them completely, but they're like a bad addiction. :lol

In regards to quality, I found this on the Fwoosh forums from member BigGuideo, and thought it was hilarious (and appropriate):

86031d333403729b8bcb4de63e1fbd54.jpg

Apparently, this happened right out of the package.

Mine did the exact same thing. They clear coat these things with something and you risk snapping a joint when you bend it for the first time.

Mine did the exact same thing. They clear coat these things with something and you risk snapping a joint when you bend it for the first time.

...reading so many complains about NECA's quality control had me scared even before I started collecting. I always use warm water before attempting to move any joint that isn't easy to move the first time. The only time I forgot to do that, broke one of the foot joints of my blue alien. But I was able to fix it with some super glue and it's all good now. This figures just need some love

I would want the 1/4 alien if it weren't 1/4. Never understood people who collect in that scale. Do these people live in mansions and have space they need to fill? Also not loving the mouth. Everything else about it I like.

I would want the 1/4 alien if it weren't 1/4. Never understood people who collect in that scale. Do these people live in mansions and have space they need to fill? Also not loving the mouth. Everything else about it I like.

Yeah, to me the forehead looks odd. The head just seems small to me, too thin towards the front or something.

Sean

:horse At this point l hope NECA makes another version without plastic bag lips.
Either that or mail in the UPC and get snarling lips.

I collect really only a certain about of figures. The aliens and powerloader and the 1/4 series is really for people who like a limited amount of figures. There is a very fine line between hoarding and collecting. The 1/4 scale really isn't bad if you don't collect EVERYTHING

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hi Tick Tock. I 'm not saying that I speak for everyone here, but I tend to collect what appeals to me. Scale be damned! Sadly I don't live in a mansion and am running out of space. I now sleep on boxes! :)

Pulled the trigger on the queen hope not to be dissapointed :)
i think you won't. she's got all shapes and the mood just right. if you didn't like any particular photo, it's just an unfortunate photo. IRL it looks just like on any best marketing photos you've seen.

it can even take that menacing walking forward through a low corridor pose.

queen001_zpskuxfxyoq.jpg~original

queen002_zpsfmmzg6bm.jpg~original

my previous queen was McFarlane, it couldn't do anything like that, and the shape was just wrong. Konami queen was cool, but she couldn't achieve that pose, too. this one is just something.

Last edited:
I think one of the must fun aspects of collecting figures (for me at least) is the possibility of customizing them in some aspect. Some minor, perhaps some major changes, so, in this case you nailed it bro'. Great Job!

I just got mine a few weeks ago :D.

So I have been having fun thinking about what NECA might to for ALIENS 30th Anniversary next year. They said no to the ATC, right? Then, knowing they have to go after each actors likeness rights and that they don't think Newt would sell enough to warrant that, kind of makes you see how they'd feel about the rest of the crew too (as I consider newt very important. Others might not), and what else they could put out from ALIENS now is kind of a short list.

I can think of:
Jacketed Ripley
Hicks (acid damaged)
Aliens with different head sculpt (lips?)
Chestburster Ripley to really get their money out of her likeness.
and maybe some Facehugger tanks since they were cool enough to do the predator trophy wall.

I still think they could get Carrie Henn's rights, then package a Newt with Ripley Jacketed in a special boxed two-pack guaranteeing a strong sale of her, or with package her with the Facehugger tanks since people would likely want more than one (or any other unmade marine with that strategy).

Maybe a colonist cocooned to a wall like the Mcfarlane Queen set had if they went with a dio which I don't know if they'd do, with two different victims, and maybe a variant set with two alternate heads? All just speculation and hopes. Any other ideas?

That looks as in the end of AvP when the queen engages with Scar. Perhaps poor film honoring the AvP mythos, but good sequence I might add.

...there was a mythos? Never wanted any AVP movie, but I'm glad they at least tried to be original and not go the easy predictable root or Aliens vs Predators vs Marines in Space.

BTW, I do hope the AVP themed series sells well and encourages NECA to make the Queen. She was so badass in that movie

So I have been having fun thinking about what NECA might to for ALIENS 30th Anniversary next year. They said no to the ATC, right? Then, knowing they have to go after each actors likeness rights and that they don't think Newt would sell enough to warrant that, kind of makes you see how they'd feel about the rest of the crew too (as I consider newt very important. Others might not), and what else they could put out from ALIENS now is kind of a short list.

I can think of:
Jacketed Ripley
Hicks (acid damaged)
Aliens with different head sculpt (lips?)
Chestburster Ripley to really get their money out of her likeness.
and maybe some Facehugger tanks since they were cool enough to do the predator trophy wall.

I still think they could get Carrie Henn's rights, then package a Newt with Ripley Jacketed in a special boxed two-pack guaranteeing a strong sale of her, or with package her with the Facehugger tanks since people would likely want more than one (or any other unmade marine with that strategy).

Maybe a colonist cocooned to a wall like the Mcfarlane Queen set had if they went with a dio which I don't know if they'd do, with two different victims, and maybe a variant set with two alternate heads? All just speculation and hopes. Any other ideas?

...I doubt any "Aliens" fan wouldn't want Newt. Even if you don't like her character she is the only missing piece of the epic final showdown. As for the 30th anniversary, I'm fairly intrigued because this year has had so much great stuff already is hard to think how can they possibly top Ripley, the Queen and the Power Loader. Maybe a few more marines, but apparently they don't have the likeness rights to Vasquez who should be a priority. I like the idea of the Facehuggers in tubes. Another Ripley with her jacket would be cool, though I wouldn't get it. There's AVP (series 7), Alien³ and Kenner stuff (series 10) coming so there's not much room in there, unless they're planning special sets and two-packs

i think you won't. she's got all shapes and the mood just right. if you didn't like any particular photo, it's just an unfortunate photo. IRL it looks just like on any best marketing photos you've seen.

it can even take that menacing walking forward through a low corridor pose.

queen001_zpskuxfxyoq.jpg~original

queen002_zpsfmmzg6bm.jpg~original

my previous queen was McFarlane, it couldn't do anything like that, and the shape was just wrong. Konami queen was cool, but she couldn't achieve that pose, too. this one is just something.

She looks good in every pictures that is why i went ahead.
Since i got in the hot toy game i got rid of all my neca mcfarlane figures.
Last one i got was ED209 wich is pretty cool but i resold it a week later.
But this one looks like a keeper, its massive, accurate, decent paint app, and the only one available.
Might get the power too (BTW neca is really cheap to not include Ripley ).
Cant wait :)

...there was a mythos? Never wanted any AVP movie, but I'm glad they at least tried to be original and not go the easy predictable root or Aliens vs Predators vs Marines in Space.

BTW, I do hope the AVP themed series sells well and encourages NECA to make the Queen. She was so badass in that movie

Sure there was a complete mythos already. AvP first comic book dates back from early 90s when Dark Horse acquired the Fox licenses and published the first AvP comic. Then several mini-series followed, then videogames, arcade, the Kenner figures, and so on. It was until 2004 when the first AvP movie came in place. And personally, I would loved a lot more some of those comic or videogame story adaptations to the big screen instead of what they just tried to do. Now, not sure if the Aliens (Cameron) Queen, is really different from the AVP movie one. Anyway would be nice to see the same on an AvP themed box :). Regards,

Back