NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! Could you post some pics? I might pic one up and switch the dome to the milky white one...

Hi Abake. My apologies, but I do not possess a camera or smart phone. I can recommend this version wholeheartedly. The figure's joints are nice & tight, no loose waist or legs. On further inspection maybe a little too tight as the double joint on the elbows are stuck on both arms. The left foot is also a little wonky, which for some reason occurs on all the versions I have. The legs are straight though, no kink which I think is due to the new way of packaging them? The "tongue" on the Alien's back between the pipes fits perfectly. And then there's a couple of mill of the wire in the tail protruding. The bronze wash they've given the figure looks realy nice, and gives it a "Giger" feel IMHO. It would look very cool with a dome added.

Hope this helps :)

... indeed, I saw the black Xeno I friend of mine just got. Looks very nice, and they even added holes in the feet to use with a stand. I'd like a few of those. As for the leg and joints, nothing some warm water can't fix :D

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

I really wonder what the figures for next year will be. The AvP Aliens and an Alien 3 Ripley are already confirmed, but due to the 30th Anniversary of "Aliens" I really wonder what figures we could possibly get.

I know they said they already have the Smartgun sculpted, so hopefully a Drake or Vasquez will be made. Other possible figures may be Ripley in Jacket, some more Hicks and Hudson Variants, reissues of the Brown and Blue Warrior Xenos, or maybe (possibly) some other Marines whose likeness rights they are able to get like Crowe or Frost.

With most of the marines I don't think it's a case of likeness attainability so much as cost of said likeness weighed against how much of that figure NECA thinks they would sell but I could be wrong. So what I'm saying is if NECA doesn't think a Crowe, Wierzbowski or Frost figure would sell they won't pursue the likeness rights. Incidentally the actor who played Crowe died in the 90s if I'm right but I'm not sure how that does or doesn't affect the issue of using his likeness??

Last edited:
Hi Abake. My apologies, but I do not possess a camera or smart phone. I can recommend this version wholeheartedly. The figure's joints are nice & tight, no loose waist or legs. On further inspection maybe a little too tight as the double joint on the elbows are stuck on both arms. The left foot is also a little wonky, which for some reason occurs on all the versions I have. The legs are straight though, no kink which I think is due to the new way of packaging them? The "tongue" on the Alien's back between the pipes fits perfectly. And then there's a couple of mill of the wire in the tail protruding. The bronze wash they've given the figure looks realy nice, and gives it a "Giger" feel IMHO. It would look very cool with a dome added.

Hope this helps :)

No problem, thanks for the review!

As for Aliens' 30th anniversary, I'm guessing we might get "ultimate" versions of Hicks and Hudson...

Surprised no-one on here is talking about the new Prometheus / Alien movies just announced. Here's a little info for those who haven't heard yet.

They are saying that there are going to be three more prequel sequel movies to come and that the last one will make the actual connection to the original Alien Movie.

The next movie will be called- Alien: Paradise Lost

Neca recently got asked whether they would consider making figures for the new movie and they said: A lot depends on the contents and designs of the film. Way too early to say.

I know Prometheus wasn't exactly what everyone wanted / expected and turned out to be quite mediocre, but I thought it was alot better than any of the more recent movies and is definitely worthy of getting a sequel.

Did anyone on here collect the Prometheus figures? I thought they were pretty good but that NECA completely got the lineup wrong, Elizabeth should have been the first to have been released instead we probably won't ever have her in figure form now. I think the Prometheus line would of sold alot better running alongside the current Aliens line and now that the new film is actually titled "Alien" it should draw even more people in.

In my opinion Prometheus is a good movie. I hope Neca will make Shaw, Holloway and Fifield from the first movie.

...maybe if people would stop bitching about the movie and the sequel is better received we might get a chance to get those. I'd love to at least have Elizabeth

Surprised no-one on here is talking about the new Prometheus / Alien movies just announced. Here's a little info for those who haven't heard yet.

They are saying that there are going to be three more prequel sequel movies to come and that the last one will make the actual connection to the original Alien Movie.

The next movie will be called- Alien: Paradise Lost

Neca recently got asked whether they would consider making figures for the new movie and they said: A lot depends on the contents and designs of the film. Way too early to say.

I know Prometheus wasn't exactly what everyone wanted / expected and turned out to be quite mediocre, but I thought it was alot better than any of the more recent movies and is definitely worthy of getting a sequel.

Did anyone on here collect the Prometheus figures? I thought they were pretty good but that NECA completely got the lineup wrong, Elizabeth should have been the first to have been released instead we probably won't ever have her in figure form now. I think the Prometheus line would of sold alot better running alongside the current Aliens line and now that the new film is actually titled "Alien" it should draw even more people in.

Here's the thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/movies-and-tv-show-discussion/114338-prometheus-sequel-2017-a.html

I liked Prometheus. It has a lot of flaws, but it's still a good movie and I do want to see where Shaw and David end up.

I got all of the Prometheus figures, some of NECA's best if you ask me.

...can't wait to see Ripley in here once it's finished :D

"BTS @StefnF hard at work on a brand new Alien diorama for #toyfair #facehuggerfriday"

CPwr9obVEAE35JV.jpg

Any Predator fan wants to share the AVP 2 Kenner Pack with me ? I am an Alien fan and am interested in the Alien Xeno only and you can have the Predator from the pack. I am planning to get three packs. You have the comic book too for two packets, I will just have one comic book. We split the bill equally. I am from Melbourne, but I can meet up in a Melbourne store or in Popcultcha in Geelong in one weekend. I like picking stuff directly up from the store personally so that I can hand pick the packet selectively to make sure that I am getting the most flawless packet(s) as possible

BTW this pack is still not available in Australia, so we have to wait till it comes here.

Image courtesy Andre form NECA twitter

Attachments

• Neca_AVP.JPG
    Neca_AVP.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 164
Thinking of making a Diorama with this.
Picked it up today at the lake and it looks perfect to make something with it. Just haven't figured out what yet.
What do you all think?![emoji120]🏻[emoji2]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443241787.842606.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted this over at Rebelscum but I'm so bummed I have to repost here.

Stay FAR FAR away from this new Alien vs. Predator 2 pack. The quality control is THE WORST I've ever seen from NECA.

I just bought one and got it home tonight, here is a list of all the issues

-Pred's plasma caster was stuck in place, broke even after heating with a dryer.
-Pred's sword weapon snapped getting it into his hand.
-Alien's dome was barely glued on, just a tiny little bit in the back.
-Alien friggin' broke in half at the torso when bending him.

This piece of crap is going right back tomorrow. I really want this set so I'm going to keep returning and buying it until I'm happy.

I'm no stranger to NECA product's, they had brittleness problems a few years ago but had addressed it. Apparently a step backward has occurred. I'm extremely careful when I open their figures and heat up their joints at the first sign of sticking. I must say I've literally NEVER seen such bad crafting on their stuff and I am extremely disappointed.

My replacement Aliens Ripley turned up yesterday.The good news was that the tank was attached to the flame thrower, and the hair was sat right on the head. No mahoosive forehead. The bad news is that she had a casting mark on her face giving her a scar running down her lips and chin. Bummer but I can live with that I thought. I ws just bout to open the packaging when I noticed the let arm was not attached to the shoulder. So she's going back, and hopefully I can get a replacement. Third time lucky?

Back