NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe the original Neca 1/4 Chap was only $37.00-$48.00.

That has to be one of the best bang for your buck in toy collectible history.

Only a few years later the same exact figure is now $104.00!

My replacement Aliens Ripley turned up yesterday.The good news was that the tank was attached to the flame thrower, and the hair was sat right on the head. No mahoosive forehead. The bad news is that she had a casting mark on her face giving her a scar running down her lips and chin. Bummer but I can live with that I thought. I ws just bout to open the packaging when I noticed the let arm was not attached to the shoulder. So she's going back, and hopefully I can get a replacement. Third time lucky?

OMG :schiaffo

Can't believe the original Neca 1/4 Chap was only $37.00-$48.00.

That has to be one of the best bang for your buck in toy collectible history.

Only a few years later the same exact figure is now $104.00!

Agreed, prices have sky-rocketed across the board in regarding figures.
However, to be fair, this is far from the exact same figure, there's a lot of new articulation, which translates to higher tooling and manufacturing costs.

Agreed, prices have sky-rocketed across the board in regarding figures.
However, to be fair, this is far from the exact same figure, there's a lot of new articulation, which translates to higher tooling and manufacturing costs.
It shares pretty much nothing in common with the first one beside being based off of the same design and being made by the same company

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

So just wondering if this PVC Chestburster is in the same scale as Neca's Line:

Length: 8 cm
Manufacturer: Konami
Series: SF Movie Selection Japanese Collectors

Retail-NECA-Official-1979-Movie-Classic-font-b-Alien-b-font-PVC-Action-font-b-Figure.jpg

Not sure if these have been posted yet, but they are from the NECA website. They look like the final prototype for the Alien 22" figure:
Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 5.20.10 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 5.20.26 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 5.20.41 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 5.20.56 PM.jpg

I hadn’t seen the last two images. The second from last looks amazing but the open mouth really doesn’t work on this guy. At all.

I’m all for the lips though :monkey3 I don’t have another Alien in my collection that has them like this. Looking forward to it.

So just wondering if this PVC Chestburster is in the same scale as Neca's Line:

Length: 8 cm
Manufacturer: Konami
Series: SF Movie Selection Japanese Collectors

View attachment 213761
that konami chestburster, as well as konami facehugger, actually fit 1/6 figures.
but if facehugger has a very exact size (fits human face), you can pretend that you don't know actual size of the chestburster. smaller is not worse in his case, especially because you won't put it into human chest.
so get it if you want to keep it with 18" alien. you won't get another chestburster that cool.
p.s. it's a nice custom stand.

that konami chestburster, as well as konami facehugger, actually fit 1/6 figures.
but if facehugger has a very exact size (fits human face), you can pretend that you don't know actual size of the chestburster. smaller is not worse in his case, especially because you won't put it into human chest.
so get it if you want to keep it with 18" alien. you won't get another chestburster that cool.
For the ones wondering about the high res photos of the Neca 1/4 new released photos of the Alien, go here Alien 1/4 Scale Action Figure 1979 Alien | NECAOnline.com1979-Alien-quarter-scale01_1300x.jpg I'm getting more excited by the minute. :D

Attachments

• 1979-Alien-quarter-scale02_590w.jpg
    1979-Alien-quarter-scale02_590w.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 169

Thanks for the reply and info, not 100% sure whether to get the 1/6th scale ALIEN yet, never bought anything other than the 7" NECA scale and probably wouldn't know where to display it.

Do you know the details for the Konami Bambi Dog alien. Heard that that might actually b in scale with the 7" line?

Thanks for the reply and info, not 100% sure whether to get the 1/6th scale ALIEN yet, never bought anything other than the 7" NECA scale and probably wouldn't know where to display it.

Do you know the details for the Konami Bambi Dog alien. Heard that that might actually b in scale with the 7" line?
this is even better.
does anybody know the size of that "bambi" alien?
i prefer the original ox version (but only for it being wider as a movie), if it was so, the alien was big, as it filled all the cow's stomach zone. in that case it would fit 7".
but if you prefer the dog version, it should be nearly the same size as the A1 chestburster (as a rothweiler has a body size near to human's, of course humans have a very great variety of body sizes :)). and then it can be called "almost fitting 1/6 scale".
anyway, he's nearly the same size in konami version.

here are some old photos of both chestbursters (stands are the same, so you can compare the size of them) and two group photos where you can see HT Alien 1 (1/6, and it looks accurate enough 1/6 to me, unlike their midget predators), a Palisades alien 2 statue that fits HT Alien's proportions (i measured lengths of body and limbs) and A1 and A3 chestburster by Konami. i don't have a photo to directly compare them altogether, and i don't have Konami at my place yet, so that's all i can give for now: A1 chestburster/facehugger compared to 1/6 alien - and chestbursters of two movies compared. you should judge for yourself or google something.

chestburster_left.jpg~original

bambyburster_right.jpg~original

myalien_01.jpg~original

aliens_palisades-hottoys_03.jpg~original

BTW i just found somebody's photo of 1/6 alien 3 by HT and Konami alien 3 chestburster together.

DSC06832.jpg

and here is Alien 3 chestburster next to 7" McFarlane Alien 3 (which is like Neca A3 in size):

alien_xenomorph_diversity_by_krulos-d5h87y0.jpg

i think that all is enough to deside even without direct comparing.
to my mind Konami is waaay too big for 7" aliens.

Last edited:
I posted this over at Rebelscum but I'm so bummed I have to repost here.

Stay FAR FAR away from this new Alien vs. Predator 2 pack. The quality control is THE WORST I've ever seen from NECA.

I just bought one and got it home tonight, here is a list of all the issues

-Pred's plasma caster was stuck in place, broke even after heating with a dryer.
-Pred's sword weapon snapped getting it into his hand.
-Alien's dome was barely glued on, just a tiny little bit in the back.
-Alien friggin' broke in half at the torso when bending him.

This piece of crap is going right back tomorrow. I really want this set so I'm going to keep returning and buying it until I'm happy.

I'm no stranger to NECA product's, they had brittleness problems a few years ago but had addressed it. Apparently a step backward has occurred. I'm extremely careful when I open their figures and heat up their joints at the first sign of sticking. I must say I've literally NEVER seen such bad crafting on their stuff and I am extremely disappointed.

I really hope this was just an isolated incident. I have such high hopes for this set.

It'll be my first NECA Alien or Predator. I had that Movie Maniac two pack by McFarlane years ago, but I sold it cause I was let down with the Predator and the Alien was just a little off. It had an awesome base though...

So for the last year or so I've been debating adding an Alien and a Predator to my collection. I wanted a masked/unmasked Jungle Hunter and a 1979 Alien. Why? Cause those are the two I had in high school when I got the Kenner 2 pack.

So even though the deco on these guys isn't movie accurate, it's the deco I want cause it reminds me of my beloved Kenner figures. And I love that the Predator has both heads. And the Alien has the BLACK dome.

As long as they don't fall apart in my hands, these should be the only Alien/Predator I need to buy. Really looking forward to it!

Anyone else have them in hand yet?

to my mind Konami is waaay too big for 7" aliens.[/QUOTE] - Thanks alot for all these pictures and info it has really helped me decide on whether to get these or not, especially since these konami pieces are quite expensive nowadays.

On another subject I'm starting to do some research myself on "possibly" building an APC Vehicle for the 7" line and need to first know how bloody big this thing would really need to be to fit in the scale.

The movie accurate measurements are-

Length
9.22m (turret folded)
8.58m (turret unfolded)

Width
3.8m

Height
2.17m (turret folded)
2.81m (turret unfolded)

Here's a couple of images showing people standing next to the APC

uscmc_m577_apc_by_wolff60-d280mnh.jpg

ALIENS_DISC_1-36_resize.jpg

aliens-apc-backlot.jpg

Here's one that "Chris Chulamanis" actually built to Hot Toys Scale, which is no small feat!

scratch_08_apctdoorsm.jpg

Now I know that once I've got the actual measurements I'll probably be put off straight away, but with NECA pretty much confirming that they will never make the APC for likewise reasons, this may b the only way to get one of these in NECA's scale.Any help would be very much appreciated.

this is even better.
does anybody know the size of that "bambi" alien?
i prefer the original ox version (but only for it being wider as a movie), if it was so, the alien was big, as it filled all the cow's stomach zone. in that case it would fit 7".
but if you prefer the dog version, it should be nearly the same size as the A1 chestburster (as a rothweiler has a body size near to human's, of course humans have a very great variety of body sizes :)). and then it can be called "almost fitting 1/6 scale".
anyway, he's nearly the same size in konami version.

here are some old photos of both chestbursters (stands are the same, so you can compare the size of them) and two group photos where you can see HT Alien 1 (1/6, and it looks accurate enough 1/6 to me, unlike their midget predators), a Palisades alien 2 statue that fits HT Alien's proportions (i measured lengths of body and limbs) and A1 and A3 chestburster by Konami. i don't have a photo to directly compare them altogether, and i don't have Konami at my place yet, so that's all i can give for now: A1 chestburster/facehugger compared to 1/6 alien - and chestbursters of two movies compared. you should judge for yourself or google something.

chestburster_left.jpg~original

bambyburster_right.jpg~original

myalien_01.jpg~original

aliens_palisades-hottoys_03.jpg~original

BTW i just found somebody's photo of 1/6 alien 3 by HT and Konami alien 3 chestburster together.

DSC06832.jpg

and here is Alien 3 chestburster next to 7" McFarlane Alien 3 (which is like Neca A3 in size):

alien_xenomorph_diversity_by_krulos-d5h87y0.jpg

to my mind Konami is waaay too big for 7" aliens.

I still have some of those Konami figures, and they are beautiful.
Unfortunately, my bambi-burster broke and got lost somewhere down the line. It's too bad, 'cause it was one of my favourites.

On another subject I'm starting to do some research myself on "possibly" building an APC Vehicle for the 7" line and need to first know how bloody big this thing would really need to be to fit in the scale.

The movie accurate measurements are-

Length
9.22m (turret folded)
8.58m (turret unfolded)

Width
3.8m

Height
2.17m (turret folded)
2.81m (turret unfolded)

Now I know that once I've got the actual measurements I'll probably be put off straight away, but with NECA pretty much confirming that they will never make the APC for likewise reasons, this may b the only way to get one of these in NECA's scale.Any help would be very much appreciated.

If you Google for a scale calculator/converter, there used to be one I'd use all the time. My computer with the bookmark to it died unfortunately, otherwise I'd just post it here for you.

I think they had a great second opportunity with the new 1/4 Big Chap and missed the mark. Just look at those shoulders. Is this body building alien? It was tall, lanky and dare I say fragile. I'm assuming this so it can be more poseable but you'd think they could inset them more. And those lips! Milky strips of plastic that look like they are dripping around its chin. They cover up one of the better features of the Alien - the chrome teeth! I give them props for trying to make the dome translucent, but I can tell already they are gonna be heavy handed as hell with that black airbrushed line that goes around the perimeter.

All this being said, I'll still hand them over my $$$ for one.

If you Google for a scale calculator/converter, there used to be one I'd use all the time. My computer with the bookmark to it died unfortunately, otherwise I'd just post it here for you.

Thanks I'll look for that, and dose anyone know what scale 7" action figures are? 1:8 maybe?

-Scrap that pretty sure 7" is 1:10 scale

Back