NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few twitter posts today, probably in reverse order but...

one guy said

....But the last Kane figure from 2016 (?) had his face covered by the facehugger. Which I can only assume was due to issues surrounding his likeness.

Randy's response

Tha correct. The license does not include his likeness or many others BUT.....we?ve been working hard to complete the crew

Another post today

Anytime. Most were planned for last May but then certain negotiations took time and some things fell into place that were previously not possible so it was worth waiting to deliver the most comprehensive ALIEN collection ever made

And this from someone

I assume Sir John Hurt's estate were unwilling for his likeness to be used?

and Randy's response

You know what happens when you assume....

This reads like John Hurt's likeness rights are no longer an issue. Something tells me the reissued Kane in spacesuit might have a key difference from the old release.

Parker, Brett, possibly Ash (''3 are figure firsts'' - Randy) and possibly Spacesuit Kane with a John Hurt likeness. Not the full crew in the jumpsuits we're wanting but it'd be progress.

Last edited:
I think he'll happen eventually assuming that even the more problematic actor likenesses have now been acquired. With Ripley, Parker, Brett and Ash - I'm convinced that Ash must be coming - all in Nostromo jumpsuits they'd be fools not to do Dallas, Kane and Lambert.

They're just dragging it out to make sure we stay in the game and buy up other stuff they make in the meantime.

In the US wave 1 is only at Target. :gah:

Wave 1 is Ripley, Dallas, and the Prototype suit.

EPpDHwQW4AYgX5C

EPpDHwSX0AAMDu-

EPpDHwRXUAEvWRj

The prototype Alien is a wasted slot IMO but whatevs.

Yeah not the best showcase of the printed face thing but I look forward to seeing what it looks like on better likenesses.

Yeah I'm gonna actually say I like the original release paint better as of now. But if the rerelease is anything like their second wave of Blade Runner 2049 figs in person, then it's a must have.

So wait... Dallas and the prototype suit are just re-issues? Nothing new?

Dunno what else they could include with spacesuit Dallas - unless he gets a second headsculpt like Lambert did - although what would be the point of that if they end up doing him in his Nostromo fatigues later on?

I wasn't impressed at all by the new Ripley photo-real face shown the other day, but the unpainted sculpt looks very promising, so I'll retain hope that the final production pieces will do justice to Trevor's work.

Dunno what else they could include with spacesuit Dallas...
There was the tripod hoist thing that they used to lower Kane down into the egg chamber. I'm not sure if Dallas is ever shown carrying it in the movie, but I know I've seen some behind-the-scenes photos with him carrying it in its collapsed/compacted form, so I'm hopeful that he'll have that as a new accessory.

I wasn't impressed at all by the new Ripley photo-real face shown the other day, but the unpainted sculpt looks very promising, so I'll retain hope that the final production pieces will do justice to Trevor's work.

There was the tripod hoist thing that they used to lower Kane down into the egg chamber. I'm not sure if Dallas is ever shown carrying it in the movie, but I know I've seen some behind-the-scenes photos with him carrying it in its collapsed/compacted form, so I'm hopeful that he'll have that as a new accessory.

The final figure will not do justice to the work. Happens to Trevor all the time. I'd love to see HT paint one of his pieces.

She seems to be difficult to sculpt. NECA have Linda Hamilton down pretty well but none of the Sigourney heads have been particularly great, just passable.

She seems to be difficult to sculpt. NECA have Linda Hamilton down pretty well but none of the Sigourney heads have been particularly great, just passable.
Ehhh, I dunno. I think the first Nostromo jumper Riply is pretty darn good. It's got the pouty face down.

Ehhh, I dunno. I think the first Nostromo jumper Riply is pretty darn good. It's got the pouty face down.

I agree that that one and maybe the Resurrection Ripley are better than the Aliens and Alien 3 versions in the headsculpt department.

I think the Alien 3 is the weakest overall Ripley figure - either her body and limbs are too long or her head is too small. Also, without hair they couldn't hide the ugliness of the ball-jointed head.

Vasquez has a decent likeness, I just wish they'd done an alternate 'battle' expression aswell, ideally with the headset she wears during the Ops battle I think.

Back