NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love that inner skull surface more than anything i've seen from them before.
too bad it never will look like that on production pieces. the dome will be made of violet plastic instead of clear white (i can already see it's violet), glued in a crooked position, covered with random spots of glue on the inside, and the inner paint will be much duller. and his joints will break and one leg will be 1.5 times longer than the other.
other than that it's beautiful.

So at risk of sounding needy … I slapped this "ops battle" hicks together a while back. (Brown bess pulse and gear, olive drab boots, hand sculpted headset).

I rather like it. I did a few back in the day with the headset. My "extra" is currently listed on the evil auction site

s-l1600.jpgs-l500.jpg20200110_095821.jpg

Another that I was pretty proud of. This is my NECA figure interpretation of the "Tech Manual Smartgunner".

20200114_195354.jpg
20200114_195000.jpg
20200114_195107.jpg
20200114_195048.jpg

This was the source material in case anyone was unfamiliar
TechManual smart gunner.jpg

For better or worse, I like my 1/6th version better so this guy is also off to evilbay.

Looks like they fixed the hip issue, so that?s good news!
I?m still not 100% sold on the new dome, but let?s wait and see what it looks like in hand.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

i love that inner skull surface more than anything i've seen from them before.
too bad it never will look like that on production pieces. the dome will be made of violet plastic instead of clear white (i can already see it's violet), glued in a crooked position, covered with random spots of glue on the inside, and the inner paint will be much duller. and his joints will break and one leg will be 1.5 times longer than the other.
other than that it's beautiful.

:lol :lol :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stand corrected, they did put double jointed elbows.
That Toyark review is very nice, it's a really good look at the figure. I still don't like what they did to the face, the teeth are way too big, and th blacked out front of the dome is too much... the dome also looks very ill-fitting. Argh.
Interesting that with the redesign of the knee articulation the legs became shorter, which is a good thing.
No doubt it's an improvement, but still not 100%.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it man. Nice job on him. Ultimately I'd like to have both Sub-level 03 and Ops-battle versions of each marine but I don't know if NECA will co-operate on that so this is a really important one for me.

Unfinished custom from the AVP2 game. Tossin' this one on the evil empire as well. Ran out of bodies and not willing to buy more to finish it. The overflow of pouches was fun on this guy though.
s-l1600.jpg

Received Hicks today bigbisont, he's excellent, thanks very much. I'll throw you a positive on ebay in a bit.

Meanwhile, still none of the (pretty much) promised news on the Alien 40th anniversary collection from Randy? Disappointing.

Right

EPFT7kBXsAAjN1y.jpg

Packaging shot

EPFT71wWsAM3LXF.jpg

3 series of 3 figures each. Some amazing figure debuts. New accessories. Printed facial deco. Special packaging. Limited editions

Looks like many of these figures will be reissues - meh. I'll buy but not terribly exciting honestly. However, in fairness, Parker and Brett remain excellent additions to the line. Maybe Ash will be revealed closer to time if indeed that was a genuine hint from Randy when he made a 'Holm' pun a few weeks ago.

We shouldn't be surprised for a few reasons but among them is past form for an anniversary line like Predator had - majority reissues. Jungle Demon, red shirt Dutch and Hawkins being the most 'new'.

T2 got one reissued figure with a new accessory and one 18'' release.

Alien is actually coming out best with 2 brand new characters, albeit which had already been revealed. I think there'll be one more. Surely Randy wasn't silly enough to make that Ian Holm pun and not expect people to think it meant they were making Ash. Surely. But that'd mean the rest of the figures are probably Kane Spacesuit reissue, Ripley Lucky Star suit reissue and...spacesuit Lambert I guess.

The Predator 2 30th anniversary will probably be the Losties again, City Hunter with a closed mouth head (previously hinted I believe), hopefully a new BD City Hunter - we'd probably be extremely lucky to get Harrigan. Considering other figures they've made I dunno why he's such an outlier in likelihood for NECA but he seems to be one they're heavily reluctant to consider.

Right

View attachment 476970

Packaging shot

View attachment 476971

Looks like many of these figures will be reissues - meh. I'll buy but not terribly exciting honestly. However, in fairness, Parker and Brett remain excellent additions to the line. Maybe Ash will be revealed closer to time if indeed that was a genuine hint from Randy when he made a 'Holm' pun a few weeks ago.

Brett looks pretty awesome there...

Back