NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it preordered. Praying for a straight jaw, straight legs, an acceptable paintjob and no customs fees

Okay. Im not going to preorder it. I think neca will do a nice job but i have enough figures
2 Big Chaps
1 Custom old big chap (ugly teeth like hell, i think ill try something with this one, but dont know what)
1 Queen
2 little Warriors
1 Isolation Big Chap
1 Japanese AVP fake figure without movement joints
And not enough space to place them :)

alienss.jpg
Looks nice. :)

There are at least two places to get the individual Frost: ToyWiz and Freshfigures.com

ToyWiz has pretty bad reviews and I had never heard of Freshfigures. Has anyone ordered from FF and know if they are legit.

I have ordered one thing from Fresh Figures and had no issues at all. I also have Vasquez, Frost and the Narcissus on preorder from them. Nicholas Hostetter from youtube (the guy with the interesting smile) has talked very positively about them though.

After hearing them mentioned in one of Hostetter's videos, I placed an order with FreshFigures.com. They mailed it out in a poly bag with no packing material. I think it's a one man operation, so maybe he needed to offset his cost by not using a box? It does make me cautious about shopping there again.

After hearing them mentioned in one of Hostetter's videos, I placed an order with FreshFigures.com. They mailed it out in a poly bag with no packing material. I think it's a one man operation, so maybe he needed to offset his cost by not using a box? It does make me cautious about shopping there again.

Thanks for the info. I will probably just PO a Frost from ToyWiz. They have a 5% off promo code right now.

It better be! Can't have Vasquez without Drake. (Even though I'll have Vasquez anyway)

I'm really looking forward to Vaz and Frost too. Their sculpting and paints apps look to be some of the best neca has done in a while since their marine tribute figure.

Which to mean means it would be a damn shame for them to finally hit their stride with Vaz and Frost and yet pull the plug after Drake. Yes the other marines are not as well known or popular outside of the Alien fandom but they now got all this great tooling and parts. They can really work wonders now.

Is toywiz a good option ? After bbts they seem to charge very high shipping but on the flip side they are quite big and their range really extensive. Never ordered from them but tempted.

I have never ordered from them but just PO'd a Frost. Shipping is high, $6.99 for one figure but the 5% off code (SNAP) offset that a bit. Reviews are good or terrible so hopefully there won't be a problem.

It stinks that BBTS has no plans to sell the individual Frost. I like to use the Pile of Loot shipping option.

From Randy:

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS · 7h7 hours ago

I've been playing w the first unpainted samples of Vasquez for about a week now. This figure is amazing - a real triumph

concerning dead alien creature heads with eyesockets, mouths, teeth & tongs versus 100%-human DNA cosplayers in stylized biker helmets.

I get it. Two completely different things. I think this is a weak point in Aliens/Prometheus chronology, which directors didn't properly treat.

concerning dead alien creature heads with eyesockets, mouths, teeth & tongs versus 100%-human DNA cosplayers in stylized biker helmets.

For Prometheus, they tried to create an Alien origins mythology for human life on earth. So, the Engineers had to be human like progenitors, which also means that the movie makers had to ignore or gloss over some very important existing canon (the space jockey). The result was a movie that felt forced and not like an Alien movie at all.

well, a director who was convinced - and convinced the majority of alien fans - that when wasps impregnate caterpillars with their eggs, they get hybrid kids... :slap

These last few pages just go to show that we as fans often hold these creations in higher regard than those that actually made them.

-Ridley is willing to completely discard the space jockey that he so convincingly and mysteriously introduced to us and retcon him as a bald dude in a mask*.
-Giger was desperate to "improve" his original Alien creature by taking away its inner mouth and giving it a spike tongue and wolverine claws.

If they don't care, why do we care so much for perfectly preserved/translated designs? Might we hold them on too high of a pedestal? I'm not saying I don't appreciate "accuracy", but I have wondered where to draw the line in demanding it. Just throwing it out there..

*(assuming the new movie doesn't introduce a new species working with the engineers that more closely resembles the creature found in Alien)

EDIT: I admit my hypocrisy knows no bounds. If the inaccuracies are about the colonial marines, I am the first guy with a torch and pitch fork leading a hoard up to the gates

Last edited:
To be honest I always found the Space Jockey, as it was presented in Alien, pretty implausible. Certainly the whole species couldn't have been like that. An intelligent race capable of interstellar travel can't do what it does if it can't move around independently or if its face is fused onto its chest. On the other hand maybe what Prometheus could have done is have the Space Jockey itself be some sort of sub-set of the species, engineered to its specific role. So the space-jockey never needed to be a ship-builder or do anything other than be in that chair. They could have still had their human-like 'engineers' as presented in the film but the Space Jockey would still be the huge thing we saw in Alien, albeit alive.

Last edited:
...I have no interest in buying any of the Kenner Zoo Aliens, but I am interested in seeing what NECA can do with those ideas. Most of their Kenner Predators look much improved but still silly :D
Actually, I think most of the designs that Kenner turned out are far more aesthetically pleasing and imaginative than anything from the movies after Aliens.

To be honest I always found the Space Jockey, as it was presented in Alien, pretty implausible. Certainly the whole species couldn't have been like that. An intelligent race capable of interstellar travel can't do what it does if it can't move around independently or if its face is fused onto its chest. On the other hand maybe what Prometheus could have done is have the Space Jockey itself be some sort of sub-set of the species, engineered to its specific role. So the space-jockey never needed to be a ship-builder or do anything other than be in that chair. They could have still had their human-like 'engineers' as presented in the film but the Space Jockey would still be the huge thing we saw in Alien, albeit alive.
QFT.

Back