NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...so this just happened, any guesses?

"Cooking up something special for you, more on this next week
#facehuggerfriday "

CkClHMvUgAA_-b5.jpg

I am still hoping at SDCC we get an unexpected reveal in the form of a vehicle or set piece for the Aliens line. Since everyone is so focused on the Marines and the Aliens figures themselves it would come as a welcome surprise from NECA. Maybe not a Dropship or APC yet this early in the line, but hoping for a hint at a hive set or maybe even a cryotube set. An EEV from Alien 3 would be cool too as mentioned in other posts.

A 1/10 dropship or APC would be huge. Something that I think would be doable and that I would really like to see are some diorama or background type pieces. Sections of hive, vehicle interiors or complex hallways. Things similar to the Predator trophy wall.

Looks like an egg carton. Maybe the glow in the dark eggs like the ones from the loot crate.
thats what I would say as well, looks like a "6 pack " version, three curved holders( what ever those are called).

... that was my guess as well, though I'd prefer eggs from the others movies

I second that. Who'd want glow-in-the dark eggs, anyways? I got some in the loot crate and I've got no idea what to do with them. Might be a fun repaint project, though...

Cool!
Those along with the Glow in the Dark AVP warrior alien will make for a cool "Predator Vision" display.

I wonder how far along the SDCC reveal figures are for both the Alien and Predator lines ? I am hoping we get some cool reveals like we did at the NY Con and maybe an unexpected licence reveal like they had with TMNT. With the Alien line I am hoping for some actor likeness reveals for Alien or Aliens with some civilian style clothes for the Alien figures and not straight up just a head on a spacesuit body. Lambert I know is being bought out this way for sure, but still holding out for a plain clothed version along with Parker, Brett and maybe Dallas if NECA decides he would sell.

As for Aliens hope for maybe some of the more background marines, maybe Gorman or Burke as a surprise reveal in the back of a diorama set somewhere. Would be cool if they had a Burke figure cocooned in the background and you could just make out his slime covered head. Alien 3 not so sure but maybe the creature pack packaging revealed with possibly an unexpected inclusion, not sure what and maybe a Dillon or Clemens announcement if we are lucky.

Resurrection and Covenant seem to distant to warrant any news at this stage, but again given how much Resurrection as been asked and talked about on twitter Randy mike take the time at SDCC to pacify those questions and show off the Newborn sculpt or even a painted Ripley 8. A long shot or dream of mine would be a failed clone pack with three of the most grotesque versions available in status tubes like in the film's scene. I could not see them do Ripley 7 due to how much space she would take up.

I wonder how far along the SDCC reveal figures are for both the Alien and Predator lines ? I am hoping we get some cool reveals like we did at the NY Con and maybe an unexpected licence reveal like they had with TMNT. With the Alien line I am hoping for some actor likeness reveals for Alien or Aliens with some civilian style clothes for the Alien figures and not straight up just a head on a spacesuit body. Lambert I know is being bought out this way for sure, but still holding out for a plain clothed version along with Parker, Brett and maybe Dallas if NECA decides he would sell.

As for Aliens hope for maybe some of the more background marines, maybe Gorman or Burke as a surprise reveal in the back of a diorama set somewhere. Would be cool if they had a Burke figure cocooned in the background and you could just make out his slime covered head. Alien 3 not so sure but maybe the creature pack packaging revealed with possibly an unexpected inclusion, not sure what and maybe a Dillon or Clemens announcement if we are lucky.

Resurrection and Covenant seem to distant to warrant any news at this stage, but again given how much Resurrection as been asked and talked about on twitter Randy mike take the time at SDCC to pacify those questions and show off the Newborn sculpt or even a painted Ripley 8. A long shot or dream of mine would be a failed clone pack with three of the most grotesque versions available in status tubes like in the film's scene. I could not see them do Ripley 7 due to how much space she would take up.
...all of that sounds good, but a lot unlikely. Parker and Brett I believe is a no, Burke "doesn't have toy appeal", I'd vote YES to Clemens and Dillon but don't it'll happen so soon, if ever.

Resurrection and Covenant are more likely to be teased towards the end of the year. The Alien³ creature pack has been postponed for next year but I'm crossing fingers will get to see the Bambi burster.

The one certain thing is well get to see the first Kenner tributes. Also hoping to see some tease of series 11 whatever it is

Sent from my Moto E

...all of that sounds good, but a lot unlikely. Parker and Brett I believe is a no, Burke "doesn't have toy appeal", I'd vote YES to Clemens and Dillon but don't it'll happen so soon, if ever.

Resurrection and Covenant are more likely to be teased towards the end of the year. The Alien³ creature pack has been postponed for next year but I'm crossing fingers will get to see the Bambi burster.

The one certain thing is well get to see the first Kenner tributes. Also hoping to see some tease of series 11 whatever it is

Sent from my Moto E

I agree that a lot of it is either pipe dreams or characters that will be coming towards the end of the lines life or they need to pad out a series. I do though hope we get that Bambi burster sooner rather than later.

I also think you're right that SDCC they will most likely want to keep the Kenner line the main focus for Aliens. It should be quite interesting to see which ones they chose to do and how close to the original sculpting they keep to.

Series 11 though ? I could of sworn Randy hinted at it being a mixture from the the first two or three Alien films.

I do however think we may still get a Resurrection tease at SDCC if nothing else but to calm down all the frequent questions about it on twitter.

This was posted by Neca earlier this morning. Of the figures listed below, Drake would be the only one I would think has a strong chance of being made but I also see them releasing 1 more armored marine since it's a figure that has already been tooled except for the headsculpt . Do you think this is just Randy being Randy and messing with us? Do you think the Marines are really done? I sure don't!

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS · 29m29 minutes ago
NECA Retweeted Dennis Ramirez
no, we can only do who we have or obtain rights for and at this point we have covered all the major players

NECA added,

Dennis Ramirez @bubbsy00 @NECA_TOYS Will you guys eventually be doing all of the Colonial Marines? Drake, Gorman, Apone, Spunkmeyer, etc?

This was posted by Neca earlier this morning. Of the figures listed below, Drake would be the only one I would think has a strong chance of being made but I also see them releasing 1 more armored marine since it's a figure that has already been tooled except for the headsculpt . Do you think this is just Randy being Randy and messing with us? Do you think the Marines are really done? I sure don't!

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS · 29m29 minutes ago
NECA Retweeted Dennis Ramirez
no, we can only do who we have or obtain rights for and at this point we have covered all the major players

NECA added,

Dennis Ramirez @bubbsy00 @NECA_TOYS Will you guys eventually be doing all of the Colonial Marines? Drake, Gorman, Apone, Spunkmeyer, etc?

I think that Randy is just giving his standard response (no likeness rights, no plans to make, etc, etc.) I think that they will most likely make Drake. Gorman and Spunkmeyer are probably not going to happen imo. Apone may be possibility down the road if Al Matthews suddenly takes an interest or needs some cash.

...so I did a little customizing to my AVP aliens. I used some miliput to blend the front of the dome with the top of the lips like it really should. Also, since I didn't like how "clean" NECA's version of Grid was, the color scheme and the fact that the dome wasn't translucent, I used one of the regular warriors to make my own Grid using a hot knife to make the marks on the dome and shoulders. After a lot of stress, a little paint and little cutting of the tail's tip he's done.

IMG_20160605_165312.jpg

IMG_20160605_163338.jpg

IMG_20160605_162850.jpg

Back