NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denial_Wide.jpg
TSST! No!
tumblr_mx2bgsgyWw1r4gei2o8_400.gif

exactamundo!

H.R. Giger was involved in to the Design of the Alien 3 Concept.

He give the Alien the Erotic Lip :-*
and removed the tubes of the Back. :wave

So the alien was respectfully to the original concept created, i had to be different, cause it hatches from a dog.

Dog Alien >>>> Whatever it was in Aliens.

The Dog Alien rules. The only issue with it was the wonky rod puppet that was poorly composited into the shots. Other than that, it's siccck.

t0NlJxv.png

UzyQLyM.png

exactamundo!

H.R. Giger was involved in to the Design of the Alien 3 Concept.

He give the Alien the Erotic Lip :-*
and removed the tubes of the Back. :wave
none of Giger's ideas ended in A3 except for brown color. ADI said they know better :)

Last edited:
They said they didn't have time to fly to Giger and discuss the designs. The whole thing was a troubled shoot. As great as it would've been to get Giger on board, Fox wasn't going to allow room for that to happen. They just wanted the film out by Summer of '92.

none of Giger's ideas ended in A3 except for brown color. ADI said they know better :)

They said they didn't have time to fly to Giger and discuss the designs. The whole thing was a troubled shoot. As great as it would've been to get Giger on board, Fox wasn't going to allow room for that to happen. They just wanted the film out by Summer of '92.

They didn't really say that they know better. Like Celty said, the whole thing was a troubled shoot. And there were several things that were incorporated from Giger's design:

• The lack of pipes on the back was Giger's idea.
  • The bigger chest.
  • The overall look of the Alien minus the lips. I'm actually not even sure if I would have liked the lips on an Alien.
  • The bambi burster was Giger's idea as well.
  • And it looks like the brown color as well (even though I like the blue/black colors more from parts 1-2).

Here is the clip from the Alien 3 documentary that talks all about it:

They didn't really say that they know better.
Okay-Meme-Gif-18.jpg

Heres a couple

I don't mean to be pompous, but his own suit wasn't accurate to his paintings. Our goal was to sculpt Giger's designs into repeating organic textures, almost like dear antlers. We also put more colour into the Alien, which was originally just black and sepia. Since the effects of Alien 3 wouldn't have the spectacle of the last film, we wanted to make this creature into a believable organism.'
Alec Gillis.

We tried to give it an organic, sculptural feel and remain truer to his [Giger’s] concepts than he had been. Some of the things he had done in the first film were completely serendipitous.’
Alec Gillis

Giger said they basically told him 'thanks thats nice but we like our things better':

When Woodruff and Gillis said they had their own ideas, I was very upset. They said that they liked my work and might use some of my sketches but that they would make their own interpretation. When I heard that Fincher listened to them more than to me, I wondered why.'
Interview with HR Giger, ImagiMovies article, 1994.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=367ac3a9f49767366278b7e67fb3a648&topic=40154.15

two famous morons who turned alien into pile of guts from A3 forever.

DOOM0410.png

488px-Runner_2.jpg

that **** must have cancer in late stages. "a believable organism". next stop - "newborn", the stupidest creature ever.

Last edited:
John Malamas (AKA "Jin Saotome") is at it again. :)

Is the first one suppose to be the Preying Mantis Alien or the Scorpion ? Either way it looks so cool with that sculpt and the shades of green. And the Panther looks quite cool too. Neca should have some real fun with the Kenner versions if they are allowed to really go for it.

I love Giger, but let's face it, he lucked up with ALIEN. The chicken burster was stupid. The derelict was just some oddball shape he came up with in a dream. He expected the same Ridley Scott royal treatment he got in ALIEN on Alien3 and he didn't due to budget/time/ADI/whatever. So he goes above and beyond what was asked of him and has some guy sculpt the Alien3 that never would have worked given the technology at the time. Valves on it like a saxophone? Wolverine claws? He did the same with Species when he came up with that stupid train just because he was into trains. They threw him a bone on that one and included it for about five seconds of film time.

I am still hoping at SDCC we get an unexpected reveal in the form of a vehicle or set piece for the Aliens line. Since everyone is so focused on the Marines and the Aliens figures themselves it would come as a welcome surprise from NECA. Maybe not a Dropship or APC yet this early in the line, but hoping for a hint at a hive set or maybe even a cryotube set. An EEV from Alien 3 would be cool too as mentioned in other posts.

Is the first one suppose to be the Preying Mantis Alien or the Scorpion ?
Neither.

modern_kenner_aliens_king_alien.jpg

Either way it looks so cool with that sculpt and the shades of green. And the Panther looks quite cool too. Neca should have some real fun with the Kenner versions if they are allowed to really go for it.
Indeed, but they really need Kenner-style Marines, too.

Neither.

modern_kenner_aliens_king_alien.jpg

Indeed, but they really need Kenner-style Marines, too.

Damn I forgot the King was that bright green. Awesome figure though.

Do you think they will touch the kenner marines though ? I know they want to do the Aliens for sure, but would they bother with the marines in that line when they are still trying to get the likeness rights for the ' normal ' marines in the Aliens line ?

I am still hoping at SDCC we get an unexpected reveal in the form of a vehicle or set piece for the Aliens line. Since everyone is so focused on the Marines and the Aliens figures themselves it would come as a welcome surprise from NECA. Maybe not a Dropship or APC yet this early in the line, but hoping for a hint at a hive set or maybe even a cryotube set. An EEV from Alien 3 would be cool too as mentioned in other posts.

Whatever about the APC you can't really think they would ever make a dropship, can you? Do you mean some sort of scaled-down effort like any given Hasbro Star Wars vehicle? But in that case the cinemachine one is as good as anything, what's the point of a dropship that could fit 2 figures.

Back