NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest I always found the Space Jockey, as it was presented in Alien, pretty implausible. Certainly the whole species couldn't have been like that. An intelligent race capable of interstellar travel can't do what it does if it can't move around independently or if its face is fused onto its chest. On the other hand maybe what Prometheus could have done is have the Space Jockey itself be some sort of sub-set of the species, engineered to its specific role. So the space-jockey never needed to be a ship-builder or do anything other than be in that chair. They could have still had their human-like 'engineers' as presented in the film but the Space Jockey would still be the huge thing we saw in Alien, albeit alive.

I agree with this exactly. They would be known as The Navigators...

To be honest I always found the Space Jockey, as it was presented in Alien, pretty implausible. Certainly the whole species couldn't have been like that. An intelligent race capable of interstellar travel can't do what it does if it can't move around independently or if its face is fused onto its chest. On the other hand maybe what Prometheus could have done is have the Space Jockey itself be some sort of sub-set of the species, engineered to its specific role. So the space-jockey never needed to be a ship-builder or do anything other than be in that chair. They could have still had their human-like 'engineers' as presented in the film but the Space Jockey would still be the huge thing we saw in Alien, albeit alive.

I Think in the Movie "Alien" they wanted to show us an encounter with an really strange alien species.
A specie with no human logic, or a for us comprehensible meaning.
I mean if they had the prometheus bald man in the first alien movie, sitting in a chair, normal human size, i think it would not so strange or scary.
It would like be an alien specie like in the star trek franchize. A Human Specie just with an ugly face (Klingon)
I think implausible is a good point for this movie.
I mean how implausible would be an real alien encounter? What do we think to see? ET? Darth Vader?
I love this mysterious tone and sometimes to much explanation would destroy it, the strange, the mystery, the scary, a good horror movie.

alien -> sci-fi horror movie

prometheus -> sci-fi action movie

to add to VanZerg, Ridley Scott's idea that he conveyed to Giger regarding the Derelict was that he wanted it to be ship that looked like it was grown.

It would not have been nearly as interesting if the Space Jockey was essentially a normal sized human looking figure.

So I'm OK with implausibility in this case!

...yeah well, I don't like zoos :D
Sucks to be you, then. ;)

I Think in the Movie "Alien" they wanted to show us an encounter with an really strange alien species.
A specie with no human logic, or a for us comprehensible meaning.
I mean if they had the prometheus bald man in the first alien movie, sitting in a chair, normal human size, i think it would not so strange or scary.
It would like be an alien specie like in the star trek franchize. A Human Specie just with an ugly face (Klingon)
I think implausible is a good point for this movie.
No, just no.

No, just no.
yes, just absolutely yes. just explore the real story behind alien - and not avpgalaxy-style homemade fairytales.

To be honest I always found the Space Jockey, as it was presented in Alien, pretty implausible. Certainly the whole species couldn't have been like that. An intelligent race capable of interstellar travel can't do what it does if it can't move around independently or if its face is fused onto its chest.
machinery, machinery everywhere, demanding less and less body using from their masters.

one example of the idea:

Wall-E%2Bobese%2Bhumans%2B-%2Bcropped.jpg

second example:

e4250d1fdf9ea58a930c0265bacb4da1.jpg

third:

Martian_Rendered.png

fourth:

ALIEN-spacejockey.jpeg

no body at all:

skynet.jpg

oh, and those are only examples of machinery helping the mind whose body failed!

judging by Giger/Alien 1 grim mood, it can be the other way around:

sJw4XHR.jpg

28gqwi0.jpg

SpaceJockey2.jpg

Last edited:
yes, just absolutely yes. just explore the real story behind alien - and not avpgalaxy-style homemade fairytales.
It's a piece of fiction, man. There is no "real story behind alien" and your ironic disdain for "avpgalaxy-style homemade fairytales" won't change that.

It's a piece of fiction, man.
you are the one saying "no, just no" to people who say their thoughts about it above. you weren't so doctorish some time ago.

There is no "real story behind alien"
there is a real story like a story made up by real creator of an alien, and Scott's avp-style homemade fairytales won't change that.
especially after all pseudobiological rubbish he said, trying to steal the creature and claim rights for explaining it, and after he deleted everything about the alien and story from the movie, replacing it with still shots and stupid screams.

I am just really hoping NECA blows the Aliens reveals out of the water at SDCC and we will all have so much more figures to talk about. Lately it just seems like they are just drip feeding us reveals after the Alien Day ones and so far its not been that earth shattering to me at least. SDCC hopefully will blow this place apart with the awesome.

I am just really hoping NECA blows the Aliens reveals out of the water at SDCC and we will all have so much more figures to talk about. Lately it just seems like they are just drip feeding us reveals after the Alien Day ones and so far its not been that earth shattering to me at least. SDCC hopefully will blow this place apart with the awesome.

...Newt, Vasquez and Frost aren't big enough? Can't have major reveals everyday, or even every week. They only release so much figures every year :p

For the reasons mentioned above is why l dislike Prometheus.
The mystery behind the SpaceJockey should have been left alone.
Now they ruined the mythology by contradicting the already established.

Alien is a B movie masterpiece. In contrast, Prometheus is a Hollywood - Ego "leave your brain at home" sellout. To me it is equal to the AVP universe.

Last edited:
...are we still on the Prometheus bashing-hating discussion?

Ok, to me, Prometheus is a flawed masterpiece due to *some* characters stupid behavior and because it couldn't balance its attempt to tie and not too tie into the whole Alien prequel. Then again, it's my opinion and my own enjoyment of a particular movie and that, like any other opinion about art and entertainment, does not make it a fact.

Cheers!

I'm still waiting for an Alien movie where we finally get to see their world and where they come from over than what has been depicted in comics and books. I believe the Queen in Aliens is just the tip of the iceberg. There are probably bigger and more stronger Aliens of the race. After all, did anyone wonder how the face hugger that was wrapped around the original Space Jockey was able too get that size.

I know Pro showed us a glimpse at the end of how an Alien could attach itself to a Jockey, but I'm not buying it. There has to be more to it, there should be more.

And didn't she say at the end of Pro that she was going to take the ship to their world?

Apparently in the new Alien Covenant movie they go to the Engineers homeworld.

I hope we will see some xenomorphs in it.

https://www.scified.com/news/origin...ept-design-could-resurrect-for-alien-covenant

ALIEN CONCEPT ART FROM PROMETHEUS/ALIEN COVENANT
CbkSsMHUsAAluWn.jpg
alien-concept-drawing.jpeg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My suggestion to attache an alien to the wall for an stable stand.

C360_2016-06-05-06-25-12-447.jpg
share.jpg
C360_2016-06-05-06-25-25-600.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently in the new Alien Covenant movie they go to the Engineers homeworld.

I hope we will see some xenomorphs in it.

https://www.scified.com/news/origin...ept-design-could-resurrect-for-alien-covenant

ALIEN CONCEPT ART FROM PROMETHEUS/ALIEN COVENANT
View attachment 269092
alien-concept-drawing.jpeg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My suggestion to attache an alien to the wall for an stable stand.

View attachment 269088
View attachment 269089
View attachment 269090
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all, gohastings.com has a $5 of $25 and $10 of $40 deal going on right now - code YAAAS. I got an ultimate T2 T 800 and an air freshener(to get the $25 minimum) shipped to me for $26 something. They still have Ripley from Aliens, blue alien warriors and the big chap much cheaper than e bay if you're looking for those. I don't think it lasts long though so better hurry!

Hey all, gohastings.com has a $5 of $25 and $10 of $40 deal going on right now - code YAAAS. I got an ultimate T2 T 800 and an air freshener(to get the $25 minimum) shipped to me for $26 something. They still have Ripley from Aliens, blue alien warriors and the big chap much cheaper than e bay if you're looking for those. I don't think it lasts long though so better hurry!

Thanks. Finally picked up Aliens Ripley. Thought I would end up pay ebay prices for that one.

Back