NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Production Sample, NYCC:
NYCC-2014-NECA-Aliens-007_zps78ce11ba.jpg
Nice. The sting of the tail is very deformed.

Still looks better than any Dog Alien figure we've ever gotten. I could be tempted to pick it up, but once again...

We need an 18" version.

Actually it looks soo much worse than the prototype (as expected)

Here is the prototype
DSCN66091.JPG
DSCN66192.JPG
DSCN66102.JPG

Here is what was shown today...

DSCN91542.JPG
DSCN91561.JPG

I got all these pics from figures.com

Edit. Here are some things that I have noticed that are different from the prototype.

1. Her Face. Unlike the prototype, this figure that was shown today has wrinkles all over the place where as the original looks to have wrinkles only at the bottom of her face. The top part should have bumps not wrinkles.
2. Her teeth. The original teeth seems to be a lot more natural and you can see all of them individually.
3. Her neck joint. The original prototype has a smooth neck and body joint. This one however looks like her body and her neck are separated from each other.
4. Paint job. The prototype is a lot more detailed compared to this one.
5. Overall structure seems to be a lot more awkward than the original prototype.

Here is the prototype
View attachment 138683
View attachment 138684
View attachment 138685

View attachment 138686
View attachment 138687

Edit. Here are some things that I have noticed that are different from the prototype.

1. Her Face. Unlike the prototype, this figure that was shown today has wrinkles all over the place where as the original looks to have wrinkles only at the bottom of her face. The top part should have bumps not wrinkles.
2. Her teeth. The original teeth seems to be a lot more natural and you can see all of them individually.
3. Her neck joint. The original prototype has a smooth neck and body joint. This one however looks like her body and her neck are separated from each other.
5. Overall structure seems to be a lot more awkward than the original prototype.

I agree with the wrinkles part. Prefer it on the proto.
The teeth being translucent is much better then before even though its less detailed.
Its wishful thinking but I hope the detail is improved in production but she is still a amazing looking figure!
I can safely say most accurate Queen to date (apart from the Stan Winston mould versions).

Here is the prototype
View attachment 138683
View attachment 138684
View attachment 138685

View attachment 138686
View attachment 138687

I think many of the issues you're seeing are par for the course from prototype to production figure.
1. The wrinkles on the face are pretty much the same, just exaggerated a bit more on the production figure due to less detailed paint apps.
2. The teeth (as well as most of the detailing of the sculpt) always seem to suffer a certain degree of degradation in production figures.
3. Joints are always more pronounced and invasive of the sculpt in production runs.
4. Paint apps... well, do we really need to discuss prototype paint apps vs. production paint apps?
5. Now this I'm not really seeing... maybe it's the pose or angle of the pics that give you this impression?

At any rate, this is the finest action figure of the Queen so far, so I'm more than happy!

For me I just feel like I am lucky for this opportunity. If hot toys made a thousand dollar 1/6 queen I would charge it . It's one of my favorite monsters

For me I just feel like I am lucky for this opportunity. If hot toys made a thousand dollar 1/6 queen I would charge it . It's one of my favorite monsters

Same here, lucky to be able to buy/own a Badass *****:D But I guess everyone will complain for this or that and never be happy with it.

Back