NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited for these to arrive locally for me. Any idea if they'll continue these? I'd love to see Begins Batman, Ward Robin, Cavil Superman, and eventually Batfleck.

And you're definitely not getting these paint apps when you see them in stores. Every Joker I saw had white blobby paint in his hair with some pretty wonky eyes. All Wests were "dirty" looking with discolored torsos (you'll see what I mean).

Were the paint errors on Joker just confined to the hair? Or did he have the blobby/clumpy paint on his face too?

Here's what I mean. I tried taking pics with my iPhone but it's not really showing up well here. Here are pics from Toynewsi. Mine is slightly better than this, but not much. He looks cheap and dingy looking. Poses well though and blows Mattel out of the water.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Forgot to ask, DiFabio, what are the accessories like on these guys?

Great, just as good as the '89 Keaton Batman. Joker has knives, the glock and machine gun. West got his batarang (awesome paint detail like I said), communicator and hands.

All you need really.

Were the paint errors on Joker just confined to the hair? Or did he have the blobby/clumpy paint on his face too?

Hair mostly, like a bird **** in his hair. Lots of wonky eyes but I was lucky enough to choose some decent ones. Just take your time and look through what they have. Apart from the hair Joker is cleaner/nicer than West.

Ah, I gotcha. I see that Alfred's been neglecting his laundering duties.:lol That's a pretty awesome accessory list, as well.

Found the Joker but passed on West. I'm pretty stoked about these. I need that Superman though. Hopefully this continues next year with Burton Penguin, Snyder Superman and Nolan Batman.

Damn, guess that Adam West will need a repaint after all. you can see the gray dry brush/wash/splotching in the production pics NECA released, its just so much more subtle. The few I've seen on Ebay seem to have had good paint apps, so maybe its a hit and miss thing.

Joker is supposed to have white in his hair, but very little around where his white makeup meets the hairline. I figure thats is an easy detail to mess up.

Don't see it in the pics being posted all over Twitter either, probably a hit or miss thing unfortunately.

I take it like the 89 batman toys r us canada won't be getting these in stock.

Ran to my local TRU at lunch, nothing yet, but they're really slow and often keep to street dates, I believe technically these aren't out til 11/7.

I don't think that 7" Superman has hit yet. I don't see any pics of people finding it online or any listings on ebay other than the company store.

Joker - NECA by scarrviper, on Flickr

Got my Joker today, though it was like pulling teeth. No display had been setup anywhere, and the employees knew nothing until I mentioned Heath Ledger. Then one of them remembered that another employee had bought one yesterday and left all the other figures stashed in the back room under lock and key.

Very happy with this masterpiece.

Joker - NECA by scarrviper, on Flickr

Got my Joker today, though it was like pulling teeth. No display had been setup anywhere, and the employees knew nothing until I mentioned Heath Ledger. Then one of them remembered that another employee had bought one yesterday and left all the other figures stashed in the back room under lock and key.

Very happy with this masterpiece.

Did they have the Reeve Superman in the back? Did you just get the figure or did you have to buy the DVD too.

Did they have the Reeve Superman in the back? Did you just get the figure or did you have to buy the DVD too.

I doubt it, since according to Randy, Superman is coming in a separate shipment about a week from now.

I only bought the figure, there were no DVD's to be found. Only paid $19.99. Like I sad everything was locked in the back so I didn't even get to see Adam West Batman.

I doubt it, since according to Randy, Superman is coming in a separate shipment about a week from now.

I only bought the figure, there were no DVD's to be found. Only paid $19.99. Like I sad everything was locked in the back so I didn't even get to see Adam West Batman.

Ok thanks, I want to get the Reeve Superman, the others I want as well, but I can wait to get them eventually and I don't want to waste gas driving to four different TRUs in my area if they don't even have Superman shipped to them this weekend.

It makes sense since I haven't seen any eBay auctions for Superman at all yet

I wonder if the 52 Superman and Batman will be in separate shipment as well

Interesting, they're keeping them locked up, but not adhering to the rule of the promotion :lol, nice deal for you, saved $10.

found joker today at toys r us in Brandon florida, was the last one. heard about this figure yesterday then bought it today, that was refreshing not having to hunt for it. they had Adam west as well, didn't have to buy any dvd.

Back