NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a one hour drive, I finally got both figures, and I'm very happy with the quality. They had 3 West figures and 3 Ledger Jokers, and a bunch of new 52 statues and DVDs. They were all more or less the same in terms of the quality of the paint, but some of the boxes were in better condition than others, so I picked the best looking box along with the best looking figures. I think the Joker figure is my favorite of the two, but both are better looking than the 89 Batman, imo.

It's crazy at this scale how layered the Joker's outfit looks while still having the right proportions. I know NECA will always be a "toy" maker, but you gotta admit, for their scale and price, they are on a level like no other.

It's crazy at this scale how layered the Joker's outfit looks while still having the right proportions. I know NECA will always be a "toy" maker, but you gotta admit, for their scale and price, they are on a level like no other.
Yeah, they slap Mattel and Hasbro in the face with the **** when it comes to quality of.... well everything :lol

Wow..people are already selling Joker and Bats on ebay? That was fast. Are you getting them, or do you only want Sups?
Yeah they are.

I think not, not for those secondary prices, I'm only willing to pay those prices for Supes, and I plan to get a couple.

Yeah, they slap Mattel and Hasbro in the face with the **** when it comes to quality of.... well everything :lol

Hasbro is ridiculous with the Star Wars Black Series, they charge NECA prices and all you get is an enlarged figure of the exact same quality as their 4" figures, and the Matty Batman figures look comparable to Toybiz figures from the early 90s.

If Matty did an '89 Batman we'd get something like this for $20.

ToyBizBatman1989_3.jpg

When NECA gave us this for $20.

8437i12554DCA88847F98

Hasbro is ridiculous with the Star Wars Black Series, they charge NECA prices and all you get is an enlarged figure of the exact same quality as their 4" figures, and the Matty Batman figures look comparable to Toybiz figures from the early 90s.

If Matty did an '89 Batman we'd get something like this for $20.

ToyBizBatman1989_3.jpg

When NECA gave us this for $20.

8437i12554DCA88847F98

Don't diss Toybiz and Kenner..some of my favorite figures were the Super Powers collection.

This Toybiz Batman rocked with the self climbing bat belt

And it's knd of bizarre how Toybiz joints or at least these Toybiz batman were pretty stiff with having barley no articulation than the current Neca joints :lol

To be fair, this is what a 6" Mattel Batman would probably look like.

image.jpg

Don't diss Toybiz and Kenner..some of my favorite figures were the Super Powers collection.

This Batman rocked with the self climbing bat belt

I'm not dissing it, I have one still, it's a classic and was amazing in it's time, I was just using it to illustrate my view on Matty who, in my opinion, makes dated looking figures that seem like they're from the same time period as that Batman, yet they're making it today and charging $20 for them.

I'm not dissing it, I have one still, it's a classic and was amazing in it's time, I was just using it to illustrate my view on Matty who, in my opinion, makes dated looking figures that seem like they're from the same time period as that Batman, yet they're making it today and charging $20 for them.

I get it, funny though I have to admit the Toybiz never resembled Keaton at all, but I have To admit at the time the Kenner Movie Batman figures were pretty well sculpted with the technology back then

Hell the Bruce Wayne disguise Batman looked more like Keaton then the 3.75 " Hasbro current version

To be fair, this is what a 6" Mattel Batman would probably look like.

View attachment 220640

You know I never ever seen the Mattel Reeve Superman ever in the TRUs or anywhere that carried these 3.75 " figures . It's like my TRUs never carried him not once.. Just Zod, over and over and over again along with the Batman movie series, before this line morphed into just selling the Arkham Batman series

I get it, funny though I have to admit the Toybiz never resembled Keaton at all, but I have To admit at the time the Kenner Movie Batman figures were pretty well sculpted with the technology back then

Hell the Bruce Wayne disguise Batman looked more like Keaton then the 3.75 " Hasbro current version

You know I never ever seen the Mattel Reeve Superman ever in the TRUs or anywhere that carried these 3.75 " figures . It's like my TRUs never carried him not once.. Just Zod, over and over and over again along with the Batman movie series, before this line morphed into just selling the Arkham Batman series

I loved that Wayne transform figure as a kid, I thought it was so cool to have a Bruce Wayne, even though once the costume bits were on it was like the Michelin man version of Batman haha.

Batman was one of few properties where you got figures pretty close to the movie and not just total fantasy. Some came with crazy accessories but the base figure would be pretty close. I remember there was a random Dark Knight Collection batman that had pop up arms that spread his cape by wrist attachments, that looked closer to when Batman turns his cape into a glider in Returns than the Returns figure that was supposed to represent that function.

Just before NECA came out with the deal to release their 7" Keaton, I was close to buying the 4", when I saw the price, I put it right back on the shelf, I forget what TRU wanted, like $15 or something insane. I laughed at that price when I got my NECA like a week or two later.

It's embarrassing. It looks like a cake ornament...except real ornaments have better details.

gmhIZZo.jpg

I loved that Wayne transform figure as a kid, I thought it was so cool to have a Bruce Wayne, even though once the costume bits were on it was like the Michelin man version of Batman haha.

Batman was one of few properties where you got figures pretty close to the movie and not just total fantasy. Some came with crazy accessories but the base figure would be pretty close. I remember there was a random Dark Knight Collection batman that had pop up arms that spread his cape by wrist attachments, that looked closer to when Batman turns his cape into a glider in Returns than the Returns figure that was supposed to represent that function.

Just before NECA came out with the deal to release their 7" Keaton, I was close to buying the 4", when I saw the price, I put it right back on the shelf, I forget what TRU wanted, like $15 or something insane. I laughed at that price when I got my NECA like a week or two later.

I loved the wing spread Batman, basically the same gimmick which guess what worked for the SilverHawks line. And yeah I was the same way with the Mattel 3.75 "

Keaton Bats, I was like c'mon now, they actually came out with this for this price? :pfft:

I was waiting and waiting for it to go down in price, but of course, nada, the penguin was nice but I passed.

So I made up my mind to see if the Reeve Sups was worth it. And what do you know, never saw it ever in the stores

So When Neca did the video game Bats I was :clap

And praying for a black armored Bats and bam prayers answered.

So with that, since I missed out on the Reeves Sup 3.75" you bet I'm personally going to make it a quest to hunt down this new Reeve Sups :lecture

Back