NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh damn, just saw this today! want the ledger joker, would it fit in with the MM dark knight figures or too big? man why did they not make a danny devitro penguin in this scale?

also is TRU the only place carrying these right now? what about FYE? they ussually have stuff like this. have they just started to trickle out?

They don't fit in with the Movie Masters at all, Keaton, Ledger and West tower over the Mattel movie masters figures and make them look like little kids.

As for the Devito Penguin, I'm sure we'll see him shrunk down to 7" as well, only a matter of time. I can see why he wasn't in this assortment, think about it, the 1/4 Returns Penguin JUST came out last month. That's kind of close.

Kind of an odd question, but has anyone else noticed a "tacky paint" feeling on Joker's legs? Nothing seems to be coming off on my hands or a damp towel, but his legs feel sticky. The rest of him is normal.

They don't fit in with the Movie Masters at all, Keaton, Ledger and West tower over the Mattel movie masters figures and make them look like little kids.

As for the Devito Penguin, I'm sure we'll see him shrunk down to 7" as well, only a matter of time. I can see why he wasn't in this assortment, think about it, the 1/4 Returns Penguin JUST came out last month. That's kind of close.

Plus the synthetic hair might not work on a 7'' figure, so they might sculpt the hair for the 1/12 version.

Kind of an odd question, but has anyone else noticed a "tacky paint" feeling on Joker's legs? Nothing seems to be coming off on my hands or a damp towel, but his legs feel sticky. The rest of him is normal.

I think this is probably like the issue with the West Batman having the annoying dark gray splotches on the abdomen :lecture

I don't know what Neca is trying to do but their QC has really become a issue in paint with these new released exclusives:lecture

I just hope the Reeve Superman doesn't have any big paint QC problems although I 'm fearing the worst :pray:

That's weird. I know that the Bishop in the Aliens line had tacky paint, but his paint actually did rub off and stain if you touched it. For the Joker, do the legs just feel sticky, or do your fingerprints actually leave impressions in the paint when you hold it?

That's weird. I know that the Bishop in the Aliens line had tacky paint, but his paint actually did rub off and stain if you touched it. For the Joker, do the legs just feel sticky, or do your fingerprints actually leave impressions in the paint when you hold it?

They just feel sticky. His waist has also developed marks where his legs and coat have touched it, making it look like it has been scrapped lightly with sandpaper. Thankfully it's not super noticeable.

I never bought Kane or bishop, but I remember people mentioning the sticky paint coming off on their hands.

His waist has also developed marks where his legs and coat have touched it, making it look like it has been scrapped lightly with sandpaper. Thankfully it's not super noticeable.

That sucks. Were the marks there when you opened the figure, or did they form over time by moving the legs and waist?

My Joker had a stuck right knee. I started to bend it slowly and the the leg joint started to bend and the purple was starting to turn white, you know like stress marks. I was going to beat it up, but there's a glossy finish on the pants that didn't want to mess up (whoever said it was right, it is kind of sticky). So I said "**** it" rotated the leg, then bent it, and . . . thankfully it didn't break. Now it moves perfectly like it's supposed to. Only "problem" I had. I figure some purple paint froze and stuck the joint or something. There is a faint purple/white stress mark where the knee started to bend when it wasn't moving, but it blends with the detail and is unnoticeable. Really nice figure. I even found it has an ab joint in the torso just like the Keaton '89 Batman. How the managed to implement that without joints in the clothes is brilliant really, just like the Keaton. Homerun.

If you can get a West with nice paint apps, he's well worth the price tag. I looked through a bunch of them and the two I got were the best I've seen out of the dozens I've seen in person and online. My torso isn't too "dirty" looking.

View attachment 220488
View attachment 220489

West poses extremely well. I like it better than the 1/4 to be perfectly honest. His joints are all nice, the metallic blue and purple is well done and I even noticed they painted the zipper portions a nice blue that are perfectly applied. Make sure you get one with a nice grey torso and you've got an excellent figure in your hands. Though, I'm not sure if his hands are ball jointed. It looks like they should bend at the wrists like the 1/4, but it looks like it's fused to the peg. I'm not about to bend them and try it as I'm fine with just swivel wrists, but maybe someone braver than I can "break them" in. It looks fused and part of a single piece to me (has a seam going right through the peg, but the mold lines from where it moved on the 1:4 hands is throwing me off.

Anyway, I dig both of them. As with Keaton, just try and look for figures with nice paint and no QC issues, they're out there. Also, these look much better out of the box and posed than inside. I remember how crappy Keaton looked in his bubble with his cape tucked back behind him. I didn't like how it looked until I opened him. Same with these. At first I thought West looked terrible yesterday when I saw him in the tray. Once you take him out and start messing with it though, the figure just shines.

Really pleased to have Keaton, Ledger and West. I'm getting Reeve as soon as I find it.

I'm just glad from what I been hearing is that you guys don't have to buy the dvd anymore with these figures. DVDs on major films are useless. I barely buy blu Rays anymore.. Pretty much just stream everything now :lecture

I'm gonna either give my DVD's away a Christmas presents, or try to sell them to FYE.

I'm surprised TRU can be so lax with the promotion guidelines, the DVD combo is what allows NECA to release these despite DC's licenses for the scale.

I called my local TRU yesterday afternoon and they had just got them in. They held a West Bat & a Ledger Joker for me. Picked them up around 5pm. The Joker box was a little messed up on the top left so I went looking to see if they had any more because I wanted to keep these guys carded. None anywhere, no display or anything. I did find an empty Neca Box on a cart though. But them I saw an employee wheeling a cart with a small box with a couple of those comic looking Neca Batman figures. So I asked him if he had another Ledger. He said they were all gone within an hour and all he had was a few of those comic ones left. Never even got to set up the display. Too bad no Reeve Superman yet. Really looking forward to that one.

I called 4 TRU stores this morning and 3 of them had no idea what I was talking about. One of the girls was like,"Adam West?" :slap Finally I found a TRU and picking up West and Ledger right now. :blissy

There's no way I'm buying them online if I can get them for $20.

I called 4 TRU stores this morning and 3 of them had no idea what I was talking about. One of the girls was like,"Adam West?" :slap Finally I found a TRU and picking up West and Ledger right now. :blissy

There's no way I'm buying them online if I can get them for $20.

:lol depending on her age, she probably wouldn't even know about Keaton Batman

Picked up the the Heath Ledger Joker at my local TRU this afternoon for $19.99. I had to ask the manager if they had them in stock or if they were going to get them soon. Turns out they had them in a small stock room near the front of the store. The manager brought a box out, where there were 3 jokers, 4 Adam West's, and a few of the comic versions of Batman and Superman (no Christopher Reeve). I'm glad I asked before leaving! If you don't see them in the normal adult collectibles section, be sure to ask a manager. Here are a few in-box shots. Once I get him out of package, I'll be sure to post some pictures a little later on:

Back