Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I couldn't resist, I did a very crude test and I don't think this will work, the honeycomb pattern is a little big, comments please.

IMG_0042-1.jpg

It's too big but nice effort though. What was that material you used?

I have a bagged sample product called Knead-A-Mold that us kit builders use if a resin part breaks or we want to cast a duplicate of something real quick.

They are little 1/4 jars like in the picture below(those jars are a bit larger than the ones I have)....they are just samples but it's enough to cast something to try it out. The stuff works great.

Now if you want to get super high tech and play with the big boys, then I can point you in the right direction to someone who does great casting work and may help you out.

So if you want, shoot me a PM with your address and I will send you out a sample so you can try it. And then if you like it, you can order some...it's up too you.

Heres their website if your interested: https://www.townsendatelier.com/store/knead_a_mold.php

Al :) :) :)

BAMWHL-30006jpg.jpg
il_570xN.13475842.jpg

thanks again. l watched vids of this guy on youtube and listened to what he said. the company products he was using. the stuff is on this site. www.smooth-on.com and l got the name of the products he was using. l will keep your offer in mind. l will probably shoot you a pm soon. thanks for the info. l think great things can be done with casting. it looks like a fun process aswell.

I have an idea! Print custom pattern on decal paper !> [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IomcdNVa3Wo"]YouTube - ‪Water-Slide Decal paper. How to print and apply decal.‬‏[/ame]

It's too big but nice effort though. What was that material you used?

It is a honeycomb pattern sheets of metal that a Xerox machine uses, I thought it looked cool and I could use it for something. I wonder, Would a screen from a window work, now I must find out.

Well here is another crude test, I tried window screen, the holes are not tight enough (yes I know I set myself up for a "thats what she said" joke). I will keep looking, I want to find all the elements I need before I try the Bio mod.

IMG_0043.jpg

IMO, if you're going to put the mesh look in, you need to get some real lenses first, then put the mesh behind them.

I finally was able to fix the visor gap and removed the seam as well. I then added the laser lights to finish that part of it. I'll do some work on the lenses once I repaint it. I ended up making another bio for my other closed Mouth Pred from some mold making material a friend of my gave me awhile back. It wasn't easy, but I think it came out ok which is a good thing since I was only able to make one of them.

157_5728.jpg

157_5730.jpg

157_5741.jpg

Wait.. you made a removeable bio for the closed mouth? Nice! how does it look? Is it too big/small? It fit well?

No I wish, I just made a spare bio for it have as an accessory, but it does not fit flush on the face because the mandi's stick out too much. I doubt any mask made will fit the stock face unless the mandi's get modded.

I finally was able to fix the visor gap and removed the seam as well. I then added the laser lights to finish that part of it. I'll do some work on the lenses once I repaint it. I ended up making another bio for my other closed Mouth Pred from some mold making material a friend of my gave me awhile back. It wasn't easy, but I think it came out ok which is a good thing since I was only able to make one of them.

157_5728.jpg

157_5730.jpg

157_5741.jpg

whats your process for molding the extra mask? and what products did you use.

No I wish, I just made a spare bio for it have as an accessory, but it does not fit flush on the face because the mandi's stick out too much. I doubt any mask made will fit the stock face unless the mandi's get modded.

I want a recast bio like that just to sit at my closed mouth pred's feet. Anyone making any?

Well I couldn't resist, I did a very crude test and I don't think this will work, the honeycomb pattern is a little big, comments please.

IMG_0042-1.jpg

I'm no customizer or anything but what if you used an exacto knife and straight edge to score the lines into the lense?

Jay

I'm no customizer or anything but what if you used an exacto knife and straight edge to score the lines into the lense?

Jay

lol. that will not work. the black paint on the lenses will crack were you would cut and you would have wiggly white lines. even if you cut straght.

Those casts and LED's look incredible, great work!

Pencil me in for one when your all set as well. :)

the minute these go on sale let me know.. ill take one 110% pending the paint is all good

but so far they look amazing with the LED's and the cast is nice a clean

send me a pm once you know and ill send payment right away :hi5:

:exactly: :goodpost: I spoke with ashkanls earlier today and opted for one! :yess:

What are these?

Custom made for closed mouth? Have LEDS?

Bios for the bio version?

DETAILS MAN! they look great..
they look like replacement bios for the helmeted figure. the gap in the visor and the seam on the top have been fixed. they'd make cool accessories for the unmasked figures even though they can't be worn.

Back