Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
let the modding begin !! :)

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

well here is what l have planned for mine.

recasting the helmet and adding LED
recasting all the soft armour
recasting the skulls.

l might take the whole body apart and repaint and add real netting. this right now is a maybe.

l have never recasted things before so any members who do no how some advise would be appreciated.

l am going to buy Smooth On Rebound 25 brush on silicone to make the rubber mold for the helmet and armour. then add Smooth On 300 resin. this should work well and looks easy enough.

Last edited:
baloo and taylor durdem on here make some nice quality casts. hit them up for info. lemme know if you're gonna be selling the helmets, i'd be down for a couple.

I found this thin metal strips at my old work, I thought that maybe it would come in handy later down the road. This might be a good start to get the visor looking good, what do you guys think? It might be a bit big, but I have never seen anything closer than this.

IMG_0039-1.jpg

IMG_0040-1.jpg

Faucet screens, maybe? I'm still waiting for my 3 to arrive so I'm not sure ....and the wait is becoming unbearable!:gah:

God I can't wait to do the this! Suggestion, a couple opaque coats of black paint either on the inside of the mask and/or outside to remove any translucency of the LED before using metal tones? Otherwise fantastic!:clap

Thanks for the tip but that was a work in progress that I posted earlier.

img4574e-1.jpg

Got my figure a couple of days ago (finally!) and put lenses in (as well as narrowed gap & removed seam).

(Pardon the scuffs on the helm in the first 2 pics, the paint wasnt touched up in those pics yet!)

P1Lense.jpg

P1lenses.jpg

P1Necahead.jpg

Last edited:
I'm suprised you guys that put in real lenses don't go with chrome instead of black. I would just use some cheap chrome sunglass lenses.

Looks good but I have to ask why you undid the twitch?

That's what gave that version it's character. :dunno

Anyway it's probably just a matter of heating up the face, moving the fang into place and freeze-shocking it into final position.

what did you use for the lenses.

Super thin clear sheet styrene, cut to fit in eye sockets. Also called The ol' Sideshow AVP bio fix. :wink1: :lol

I'm suprised you guys that put in real lenses don't go with chrome instead of black. I would just use some cheap chrome sunglass lenses.

I never "replaced" my lenses, just "glassed" them over so-to-speak, but thats not a bad idea...

Im currently bogged down in 4 major projects right now, so any future tinkering will have to wait, but I do have a special arrangement I have in mind with him... :D

getting there..few more tweaks..:)
open face repaint
body will follow..still looking for the right netting and working on the Bio..
IMG_7605.jpg

IMG_7638.jpg

IMG_7618.jpg

IMG_7632.jpg

Last edited:
Back