Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very good how to fix mask video and I just wish it was like the fix from the get go. I'm looking so forward to seeing what all you do with this guy.

In person it looks great right out of the box.... but, due to the molding process, I see where the gap is just a bit to wide... I can't get over how great this fig is man..nice work!

Yeah man, i have been looking forward to this guy for a while... I really hate to do this, but I may have a spare body laying around because I am working on articulating the mandibles and being able to put the mask on it:) I have a nifty idea for it... I am just trying to find netting close to accurate...

The movie net is 2 inch diamonds, that would mean he would need 1/2 inch diamond netting...now finding that should be easy...maybe..haha:thud:

From the other thread, here are my pics of the lens mod I did.

Comparison shot of the standard paint on left and modded lens on right.

p1050037s.jpg

p1050040r.jpg

Completed!

p1050045v.jpg

I have also sanded down the seam on the bio (which was terrible on mine as you can tell) and am working on repainting the bio before re-gluing the bio together. I might try to figure out adding the LED's before putting the head back together though too.

From the other thread, here are my pics of the lens mod I did.

Comparison shot of the standard paint on left and modded lens on right.

p1050037s.jpg

p1050040r.jpg

Completed!

p1050045v.jpg

I have also sanded down the seam on the bio (which was terrible on mine as you can tell) and am working on repainting the bio before re-gluing the bio together. I might try to figure out adding the LED's before putting the head back together though too.

Dude! What did you use for the lenses? they look great.

As for the LEDs...here is my method:

I took a tiny drill bit and drilled out the wholes inside the "lights" leaving the ring...when I say tiny bit, I mean tiny! And I used an old school hand/finger drill. Then I drilled out the spot behind the laser from the inside of the helmet...so one led to fit right behind there and bingo...and since you have to repaint yours anyways, it will be good to put a few extra coats around the led so no light bleeds threw.

Dude! What did you use for the lenses? they look great.

As for the LEDs...here is my method:

I took a tiny drill bit and drilled out the wholes inside the "lights" leaving the ring...when I say tiny bit, I mean tiny! And I used an old school hand/finger drill. Then I drilled out the spot behind the laser from the inside of the helmet...so one led to fit right behind there and bingo...and since you have to repaint yours anyways, it will be good to put a few extra coats around the led so no light bleeds threw.

Thanks!

I just used some cheap roll up sunglass material that goes behind prescription glasses that I got after my last eye exam. I cut the lenses to size from that and glued it in place over the painted lenses.

What did you use for the LED's/power/switch?

Last edited:
I wish TRU would stop being idiots and send the on-line POs out, so I could post pics on here!! Ridiculous they stock their shelves with these three weeks before filling on-line orders for customers who have already paid for the thing!! Last time I deal with those morons!!!

are you on the east coast? i haven't gotten mine yet either - the wait is seriously killing me, i wanna mod the bio with lights, fix the gap and i MIGHT repaint the bio to it doesn't have the battle damage on the forehead .... impatiently waiting! :impatient:

I'll have mine next Thursday but I've seen it in person at a store. It looks better than I was expecting. I was thinking about recasting the armor in pewter, polishing up the details, adding real leather parts, and making a bio mask to fit the closed mandibles version. I saw the disassembled parts but does the lower leg armor come off or is it cast together?

I'll have mine next Thursday but I've seen it in person at a store. It looks better than I was expecting. I was thinking about recasting the armor in pewter, polishing up the details, adding real leather parts, and making a bio mask to fit the closed mandibles version. I saw the disassembled parts but does the lower leg armor come off or is it cast together?

The lower legs and gauntlets are all one solid sculpted piece

I finished repainting the bio after sanding the seam down. I think it looks ok for my first attempt.

It is a little darker and dirtier but I was having a hard time trying to get it to look close to the armor color. I still need to glue it and fit it to the head.

Thoughts?

p1050185zw.jpg

p1050190vb.jpg

p1050193y.jpg

p1050194d.jpg

Here are a couple with the repainted bio loosely fit on the head just to see how it looks with the rest of the figure. The color is still a little off compared to the rest of the armor depending on the lighting but I think it looks good enough.

p1050238l.jpg

p1050197.jpg

p1050211z.jpg

awesome pics, guys.

encline and natrix...looks great!

natrix that weathering is really well done. good job, man.

natrix and encline have inspired me though. may try a repaint. would love to give the led add on a shot as well. i splt the dreads and modded the visor on mine so far but that's it...

041-1.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a couple with the repainted bio loosely fit on the head just to see how it looks with the rest of the figure. The color is still a little off compared to the rest of the armor depending on the lighting but I think it looks good enough.

p1050238l.jpg

p1050197.jpg

p1050211z.jpg

Natrix very nice work, I think its awesome! I'm afraid the seem put me off the masked version I hope it doesn't filter down to the 7inch one I have on pre-order.

I finished repainting the bio after sanding the seam down. I think it looks ok for my first attempt.

It is a little darker and dirtier but I was having a hard time trying to get it to look close to the armor color. I still need to glue it and fit it to the head.

Thoughts?

p1050185zw.jpg

p1050190vb.jpg

p1050193y.jpg

p1050194d.jpg

very good! :hi5:

@natrix- First off, great job on that repaint. But, you can really tell where you sanded that seam down because there are some pretty noticeable scratches. If I may offer a piece of advice: At Wal Mart, they sale these fingernail buffing squares. They're soft and have 4 different surfaces to gradually sand and finish the surface down to a smooth finish AFTER you've sanded something down with a coarser grain of emery board.

I was having the same problem myself with customs, and saw my wife had one of those and tried it out. It works great for getting rid of the rough surface after sanding it down. Personally, I never use sand paper on the surface of a figure I'm customizing. Nail care products only. Figure how nice a woman's nails look after they sand and paint them, that's what lead me to start using that stuff.

And also, when I strip the paint off a fig, I use nail polish remover for acrylic nails with cotton balls/Q-tips.

The scratches aren't from the sanding, I put them there when I was weathering the paint and applying the wash on purpose. If they were there from the sanding, the wash would fill them in as dark scratches not lighter. I used different grits of sandpaper to get rid of the seam and that area was smooth when I was done but the rest of the bio isn't that smooth.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that likes the repaint. I see a lot of people saying that they don't have the ability or talent to do some mods or painting. I am here to tell you, if I can do it so can you. You just have to go for it. I am by no means a professional modder or painter but you will never learn until you try. Just read how people are doing things, take you time and ask questions if you need help.

awesome pics, guys.

encline and natrix...looks great!

natrix that weathering is really well done. good job, man.

natrix and encline have inspired me though. may try a repaint. would love to give the led add on a shot as well. i splt the dreads and modded the visor on mine so far but that's it...

041-1.jpg

Holy crap that looks great. One thing I want everybody to know is the China guys packed the guns handle backwards and most the Predators I'm seeing have it the wrong way. China oh man.

Back