NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Still waiting to get my hands on one of these, apparently another few weeks for the UK retailers to get them. Still need to find a place for him to go in my living room along with his 8 brothers that are already here.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Mine came today. I am less than impressed.

-Leg popped off in my hand (still mad that they didn't redo those joints, now the glue for the socket into the thigh doesn't even hold!)
-LED on mask didnt work. Wasn't until I flicked it hard with my finger that something popped loose and it started working. Clearly there is a short somewhere.
-Holes in LED on mask are uneven. One is MUCH brighter than the others and one barely has the hole at all. A tiny tiny pinhole of light pops out. I'll have to drill that one out because it is nearly closed.
-LED light 'leaks' out of circular recessed/base area under the 3 holes assembly. Guess they didnt glue that in very well either because it isn't sealed.

Overall, I can fix it all with about 5-10 mins of effort, so not worth the time/hassle to return it. Still, considering the newest 1/4 alien required a similar 'fix the shoddy spots' session, I am starting to become annoyed...

Im having the same problem with my led did you find an fix to that all three holes are even?

Im having the same problem with my led did you find an fix to that all three holes are even?

I haven't really had the time to sit down with it yet, but I am sure I will have to drill them out. The problem seems to be a poor molding job so the holes are sealed with plastic. I plan to use a drill type 'tip cleaner' found at any welding supply store. It has several tiny drill bits and is hand operated (twists under finger power, so lots of control and virtually no risk of excessive destruction).

I haven't really had the time to sit down with it yet, but I am sure I will have to drill them out. The problem seems to be a poor molding job so the holes are sealed with plastic. I plan to use a drill type 'tip cleaner' found at any welding supply store. It has several tiny drill bits and is hand operated (twists under finger power, so lots of control and virtually no risk of excessive destruction).

Well let me know how that goes.. Would love to have all three holes even and the same brightness....

Fixed the LED holes looks much better now... BEFORE AND AFTER.

10306544_10153992657779346_6896322839097985994_n.jpg

1274371_10153992657794346_585606683985954041_o.jpg

The led's look overly bright as a result there's a lot of light bleeding going on. Look's like they didn't seal the lights properly.

Did Neca ever release the 1/4 scale display stands? Tried searching for them but found nothing, Randy said a while back they were in development. The Predator has peg holes would love to get a stand to fit them. I am currently using the Kaiser stand but I don't like the ways its holding it.

Did Neca ever release the 1/4 scale display stands? Tried searching for them but found nothing, Randy said a while back they were in development. The Predator has peg holes would love to get a stand to fit them. I am currently using the Kaiser stand but I don't like the ways its holding it.

If they do make stands they are not gonna be peg hole stands... There no way those stands would be stable enough to hold the figures just by one or two pegs....

If they do make stands they are not gonna be peg hole stands... There no way those stands would be stable enough to hold the figures just by one or two pegs....
Not even two? You could be right but if they make the bases heavy enough with a long peg I think 2 of them should hold it.

Not even two? You could be right but if they make the bases heavy enough with a long peg I think 2 of them should hold it.
Idk man. The 1/4 figs are around 3/4 pounds each.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I took a wooden round base and glued a metal rod into it, which then fits in the peg hole. I also filled the peg hole with putty and pushed the rod into it so that there was no give in the foot itself.

Back